Air Conditioning problem. Can someone help diagnose - Page 2 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-02-2016, 05:53 PM   #26
jholland248
jhizzleEastCoast

jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jholland248 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Vicmed707...any luck with this. I am having the same issue. Diagnostic shows nothing, Freon level normal, clutch engaging...but warm air coming out. Even worse at stop lights??
jholland248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2016, 01:55 AM   #27
shoegazer
bleep-bleep bleeeep

shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shoegazer is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just a shot in the dark here... but make sure that the heater core valve (the thing that opens/closes to allow (heated) coolant to flow through the heater core) is working. I have seen other threads where the thing is stuck. Does your AC work on a cold start? That is... does it blow cold air before the engine warms up (and the thermostat opens)?
shoegazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 07:36 PM   #28
Bigjohntheboss

Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigjohntheboss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
having the same problem i replaced the fan motor but still blows hot when its hot out but cold at night !!!! thinking about getting new compressor and clutch the belt and
Condenser i should be good after that right ???
Bigjohntheboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #29
bl817

bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Hey all, thought id revive this instead of starting a new thread, sorry if not allowed. purchased my 2004 RSX base about 2 months ago. been fixing lil things here and there and car drives great. on the A/C issue. when driving around town or on hiway at speed, the air will get warm and humid for a few minutes then cool back down. this happens constantly while the A/C is on and running. time of day doesn't matter and outside temp seems to not matter. just did a climate control diagnostic and neither of the lights blinked at all. I checked the Freon level with a can-top gauge (O'really type) and it was reading 60-70 Lbs on low side. yes I know when to check gauge and no I didn't add any Freon. from what ive been reading, that might be a lil high. should I remove some? compressor kicks on and everything seems normal other than the warm air cycling. thanks in advance.
bl817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 11:02 PM   #30
YamahaR1

YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have the SAME problem. AC runs cold for 10 minutes, then blows hot air for 10 minutes. Back and forth. Not too noticable when its 75 out, but hot as an oven when we hit 90.

Two bit shop can't figure it out; tried a simple recharge with no change. Compressor kicks on when it should. Relay already replaced. Im dying...of heat.. black on black car. SOS
YamahaR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #31
bl817

bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bl817 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Yikes, that sucks. I did notice that the main cooling fan is shot so ill be replacing that soon. the one for the A/C still works, for now. mine doesn't blow warm very long, 1-3 minutes, long enough to be noticeable. I also don't use the auto feature. would that component of the A/C system be causing it? is there a air temp sensor inside the cabin somewhere that feeds temp to a A/C brain so to speak for the auto feature?
Old 07-11-2019, 09:14 PM   #32
pandimus

pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx pandimus is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaR1 View Post
I have the SAME problem. AC runs cold for 10 minutes, then blows hot air for 10 minutes. Back and forth. Not too noticable when its 75 out, but hot as an oven when we hit 90.

Two bit shop can't figure it out; tried a simple recharge with no change. Compressor kicks on when it should. Relay already replaced. Im dying...of heat.. black on black car. SOS
Did you do the DTC per the manual?
pandimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:04 AM   #33
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The real way to diagnose is to hook up an A/C manifold and see if the high and low side are equalizing. If all seems well, the thermal valve TXV or orifice may be stuck or clogged. So all will function for a short period of time. Just replaced one on the easiest car to work on--Hyundai sonata. There"s is located in the engine bay, not sure on RSX. That valve, pressure switch and condensor are the main components for function, the rest of the system is important for efficiency or sources of leaks.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:07 PM   #34
YamahaR1

YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx YamahaR1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
No Im not using the auto feature. To the other two replies, I will habe to educate myself a little more as the terms are above my knowledge. It is much appreciated though. Why would the local shops have so much trouble? The manual has a point-to-point inspection outline; wouldn't they at least follow it? Not just... recharge it with dye and see what happs?
YamahaR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:33 PM   #35
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl817 View Post
Hey all, thought id revive this instead of starting a new thread, sorry if not allowed. purchased my 2004 RSX base about 2 months ago. been fixing lil things here and there and car drives great. on the A/C issue. when driving around town or on hiway at speed, the air will get warm and humid for a few minutes then cool back down. this happens constantly while the A/C is on and running. time of day doesn't matter and outside temp seems to not matter. just did a climate control diagnostic and neither of the lights blinked at all. I checked the Freon level with a can-top gauge (O'really type) and it was reading 60-70 Lbs on low side. yes I know when to check gauge and no I didn't add any Freon. from what ive been reading, that might be a lil high. should I remove some? compressor kicks on and everything seems normal other than the warm air cycling. thanks in advance.
Do you have the steps for diagnostic? Mine blows cold in the garage and not under much load, took it to the river last weekend and it could not keep up, hot air..then cold air after turning it off for a couple of minutes OR by blasting heat for 10 seconds or so.
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #36
bl817

Garage
I did the control panel diagnostics and it came back good (no blinking lights to count). i don't have a set of gauges to check pressures. going to replace the cooling fan motor tomorrow, hope that helps.