Stuck between rebuilding or swapping - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > ADVANCED PERFORMANCE > K-Series Swaps
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-04-2018, 03:05 AM   #1
KillChriss

KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Stuck between rebuilding or swapping

So recently I just discovered I blew the headgasket on my 06 Type S , so I’m stuck between either getting a k20a or rebuilding the motor , my thing is if I rebuild it what should I do as far as parts ? I’m
Planning to build the car for boost & I wanna put a good 350-375hp reliable & I also want it to have room
Just incase I can go up to the 400 range ? Someone give me a direction or what should I do because I’m lost ? There really isn’t a budget just which direction makes more sense
KillChriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2018, 03:07 AM   #2
KillChriss

KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KillChriss is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Also thought bout k24\k20 but I would want to get a good block
Old 11-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #3
TTercel

TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What exactly caused the headgasket to blow?
TTercel is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2018, 02:02 PM   #4
KillChriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTercel View Post
What exactly caused the headgasket to blow?
So the car started to overheat , I changed the radiator the car was good then it started to happen again so I changed the thermostat , it was good for a little bit but now people is saying the headgasket is gone , ?
Old 11-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
six_grand

six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx six_grand is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
imo I would scratch the idea of getting a k20a. You could easily build the K20z1 for cheaper than k20a. Read the write-ups on a k24 swap w/the k20 head as well. You'd enjoy the extra torque that the k24 would put out. Here are some links that have the parts you may want for the build www.kseriesparts.com and kmodperformance.com.
six_grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #6
TTercel

TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TTercel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillChriss View Post
So the car started to overheat , I changed the radiator the car was good then it started to happen again so I changed the thermostat , it was good for a little bit but now people is saying the headgasket is gone , ?
Wait so you aren't 100% sure the headgasket is blown?
Old 11-08-2018, 01:55 AM   #7
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you need to do some testing and analysis
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:16 PM   #8
KillChriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTercel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillChriss View Post
Wait so you aren't 100% sure the headgasket is blown?
yes I’m not 100% right now but it’s acting like it is , the motor is definitely not 100% healthy
Old 11-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #9
KillChriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_grand View Post
imo I would scratch the idea of getting a k20a. You could easily build the K20z1 for cheaper than k20a. Read the write-ups on a k24 swap w/the k20 head as well. You'd enjoy the extra torque that the k24 would put out. Here are some links that have the parts you may want for the build www.kseriesparts.com and kmodperformance.com.
So how I can get a k20a for 3k so what’s a good engine build for a k20z1 for a budget of 3-4K
Old 11-08-2018, 06:55 PM   #10
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you should do some research brutha, then come ask. there are a multitude of options
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 PM   #11
TTercel

I'd personally diagnose the problem first before spending money on a new engine.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:27 PM   #12
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Timing chain. any codes

Timing chain degrades performance but should throw a code. I am going through same thing only I have code for chain. I want to straight k24a4 but can't find parts list anymore. So if anyone has the list.

2006 Acura RSX Base Auto KPRO 170,000+mi
from Ohio to Vegas to California to Michigan
AIRITE is offline   Reply With Quote