ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first - Page 79 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #1951
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtkid14 View Post
how can i use my macbook to hook up with kpro. Ive heard a parallel windows could work but not sure? anyone have knowledge on this?
Should be able to run it with a virtual machine program. My IT admin says windows runs flawlessly on his Mac with the program.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2018, 12:36 AM   #1952
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Quote:
how can i use my macbook to hook up with kpro. Ive heard a parallel windows could work but not sure? anyone have knowledge on this?
Should be able to run it with a virtual machine program. My IT admin says windows runs flawlessly on his Mac with the program.
Can confirm, except USB passthrough to the VM was buggy. Might hinder your tuning efforts but worth a try.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:19 AM   #1953
Bigtkid14

Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlueAlex View Post
Can confirm, except USB passthrough to the VM was buggy. Might hinder your tuning efforts but worth a try.
got it working, is a little glitchy but its fine, got tkane4839 on tuning, shout out to this guy hes been pulling all nighters for me to get my car going strong, anyone needs somethin tuned hes your man

Old 12-02-2018, 05:59 PM   #1954
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
got it working, is a little glitchy but its fine, got tkane4839 on tuning, shout out to this guy hes been pulling all nighters for me to get my car going strong, anyone needs somethin tuned hes your man
Very cool, I know people always flip out about having a windows computer for kpro/ktuner. Tkane did my ladys car, never really finished since finding time to do pulls is difficult but hes customer service oriented for sure.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #1955
Bigtkid14

Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Bigtkid14 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Very cool, I know people always flip out about having a windows computer for kpro/ktuner. Tkane did my ladys car, never really finished since finding time to do pulls is difficult but hes customer service oriented for sure.
ya thats true, also pretty sketchy since 3rd gear red line has me going 90+ in no time
Old 12-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #1956
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Quote:
ya thats true, also pretty sketchy since 3rd gear red line has me going 90+ in no time
Strange... all 3 of us are neighbors and all use Tkane for tuning lol
If you guys are having trouble finding time to do pulls, I've found that 5-5:30am seems to be a decent time. Haven't run into law enforcement yet lol. Late nights on weekends have worked too but a bit more sketchy as officers are looking for drunk drivers.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:27 PM   #1957
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Strange... all 3 of us are neighbors and all use Tkane for tuning lol
If you guys are having trouble finding time to do pulls, I've found that 5-5:30am seems to be a decent time. Haven't run into law enforcement yet lol. Late nights on weekends have worked too but a bit more sketchy as officers are looking for drunk drivers.

I prefer to use the dyno but Tkane made sense for my lady's car since its simple bolt ons . It certainly is the best ROI, i might use him for my new RSX but im kinda iffy on doing pulls even at shift change intervals for LE.
Old 12-14-2018, 08:15 AM   #1958
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sorry to just barge in. But Iím getting ready to take my first step into adding some performance. I have an 06 Auto. I do plan on doing a manual swap soon, but I wanna add some power for the time being. Iím thinking about buying Ktuner now but sending in my ECU is not an option because my parents canít find out about it lol

SO, would it be better for me to A. Buy the Auto ecu thats been unlocked & sell the reg ecu?
Or B. Wait until I get all the parts together for the manual swap & get ktuner then?

Iím trying to figure out which approach would be more cost effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GrimReaper501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #1959
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper501 View Post
Sorry to just barge in. But Iím getting ready to take my first step into adding some performance. I have an 06 Auto. I do plan on doing a manual swap soon, but I wanna add some power for the time being. Iím thinking about buying Ktuner now but sending in my ECU is not an option because my parents canít find out about it lol

SO, would it be better for me to A. Buy the Auto ecu thats been unlocked & sell the reg ecu?
Or B. Wait until I get all the parts together for the manual swap & get ktuner then?

Iím trying to figure out which approach would be more cost effective

If you want the extra bit of power, just buy it now. You will still benefit from it even though you have an auto trans. The reflash isn't anything spectacular, but it's an improvement over stock. Paired it with bolt ons and it made highway merging/passing much easier.
Old 12-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #1960
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper501 View Post
Sorry to just barge in. But I’m getting ready to take my first step into adding some performance. I have an 06 Auto. I do plan on doing a manual swap soon, but I wanna add some power for the time being. I’m thinking about buying Ktuner now but sending in my ECU is not an option because my parents can’t find out about it lol

I’m trying to figure out which approach would be more cost effective

Cost effective steps:
1. Save for a type s
2. Tell your parents you're a grown ass person (I wont assume your gender bro #me2)
3. Revel in the cost/labor savings

Stack that money and wait, theres a good life lesson in there somewhere about good things and waiting
Old 12-14-2018, 11:28 AM   #1961
GrimReaper501

GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx GrimReaper501 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Cost effective steps:
1. Save for a type s
2. Tell your parents you're a grown ass person (I wont assume your gender bro #me2)
3. Revel in the cost/labor savings

Stack that money and wait, theres a good life lesson in there somewhere about good things and waiting

Yes but Iíve already invested into this RSX ontop of that, I have 5K left to pay off. Motor has low ass miles. It was kind of a steal. But honestly I was thinking of taking that approach. Itís gonna be at least a year before I finish paying this one off

Old 12-14-2018, 11:49 AM   #1962
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

In that case, I'd save up and do it all at once. Gives you more time to assess options and possibilities, plus it would sure be nice to pay off you car before you start dumping money into it. As my good friend Dave Ramsey says, cash is king and debt is dumb.
Old 12-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #1963
GrimReaper501

Quote:
If you want the extra bit of power, just buy it now. You will still benefit from it even though you have an auto trans. The reflash isn't anything spectacular, but it's an improvement over stock. Paired it with bolt ons and it made highway merging/passing much easier.

Yes thats exactly what I was thinking. But I may just wait & do it all at once because the more money I spend, the longer I have to wait to do the tranny swap

Old 12-15-2018, 03:27 PM   #1964
GrimReaper501

ECU tuning *chat* ask your questions here first

Quote:
In that case, I'd save up and do it all at once. Gives you more time to assess options and possibilities, plus it would sure be nice to pay off you car before you start dumping money into it. As my good friend Dave Ramsey says, cash is king and debt is dumb.

I think thats a smart move. I can use this time to do all my flashy mods (splitter, coils, side skirts etc.) then when I get my other job I can go for the swap. I just get bummed out about how ass that A3 motor is * My dumbass was getting close to frank swapping it. Iím just gonna toss a snail on a few months after the tranny swap & call it a day