Door Removal + Door Actuator Replacement. . . - Page 15 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #351
Jeffy

Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jeffy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Sweet thanx
Jeffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 07:10 PM   #352
USSRsXTypeS
DC5

USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx USSRsXTypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for this DIY. It's almost 100% accurate.
As others have noted, you have to remove the bolt which holds the lower part of the window track, otherwise you can't move the door lock / actuator assembly past it.

Also, as someone mentioned, when removing the door panel, there is one more gold screw behind the door handle which has to be removed before the door panel will come off!

And as far as removing the actual actuator from the door lock assembly, once you remove the little black screw, the front metal plate can be moved over, and the actuator is just held in by two plastic clips. Remove them and separate the actuator from the lock.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:53 PM   #353
turbotyler

turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx turbotyler is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
for a first timer, what if I want to remove the entire door. Mine has a dent I dont like looking at, and want to replace it. Anyone thats done this before, can you tell me the steps?
turbotyler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2016, 11:40 AM   #354
RSX'98

RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I don't know if I'll get anyone to respond but mine just barley started having problems like just today and I'm not sure if it is the actuator or something else it won't lock mostly but it will unlock other that that you have to do it manually.
RSX'98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #355
RSX'98

RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RSX'98 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok guys, Replaced that actuator and it is definitely not the problem. my car now unlocks but will not lock form the key fob. Any ideas?
Old 02-20-2016, 02:19 PM   #356
RSX'98

No the actuator would unlock before with the old one. It isn't oem its a knock off but the problem happened with the original too. The hoods not open and the door is closed the lock just won't go down with the fob it does with the inside switch though.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:13 PM   #357
N3G6

N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Whats the best way to remove the 3 screws on the side of the door w/o power tools? I'm scared that I might strip the heads
N3G6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:09 PM   #358
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
an impact screw would be your best bet, but it didn't work for me :'(

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #359
N3G6

N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx N3G6 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterrpham View Post
an impact screw would be your best bet, but it didn't work for me :'(
How'd you get your screws off, if that didn't work for you?
Old 02-28-2016, 02:21 AM   #360
peterrpham
Du ma

peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx peterrpham is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I never did, I quit ever since and it has been like a year I have the stripped screw remover drill bits but I've been so lazy

Pham's 6spd Base | IG: peterrpham
peterrpham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 06:22 PM   #361
N3G6

An update on my situation. I used an allen key and a box end wrench to get off the gold rod. I ended up stripping a door screw in the process as well, so I had to drill out that shit. Use an impact gun or a impact screw driver to get the bolts out.
Old 04-01-2016, 12:51 AM   #362
silverdesertRSX

silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
will this part work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-FR...FWcygf&vxp=mtr
silverdesertRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #363
silverdesertRSX

silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx silverdesertRSX is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Alright thanks a lot, hopefully it solves my problem too!
silverdesertRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 12:38 PM   #364
anthonyallred

anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx anthonyallred is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just wanted to inquire in this as its a large thread. Can I take the actuators from other Honda vehicles? Any way you fix the problem actuator?
anthonyallred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:39 PM   #365
e-d.

e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx e-d. is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Anyone ever had success using a screw extractor for the 3 screws on the door after stripping them?
e-d. is offline   Reply With Quote