Help - Top Window Molding replacement / Repair - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
AyeLLan

AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AyeLLan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Help - Top Window Molding replacement / Repair

Hey everyone. My first post. I've been just a spectator here for a few years. I just wanted to know if anyone has advice on replacing or fixing up. Sorry if this is posted somewhere, I really tried looking for one.

"MOLDING ASSY., L. ROOF"

I've seen plenty of help on replacing the bottom molding, but the top metal part of the molding on my driver side window is rusting because the black plastic/vinyl that used to be on top of it isn't there anymore. Anyone have any DIY to fix this or would it be best to just purchase the part completely. Will that come with the black plastic/vinyl as well?

I'm going for the, "there is no stupid question" theory. lol. Thanks everyone.
AyeLLan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #2
xl1lxbustax

xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xl1lxbustax is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
why not jus tray sanding it down getting rid of the rust and paint it for a temporarily fix
xl1lxbustax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #3
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
if the plastic part is gone..id would just buy a new one(depending on how expensive it is) any temp fix is just that, temporary and could end up costing you more to keep doing in the end
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #4
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
holy shit that looks bad

you just need to buy the molding, i doubt theres a DIY it should be pretty self explanatory when you get the part lol.

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:34 AM   #5
rsxhero03

rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx rsxhero03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
looks like the top part of your window is made out of kit-kat bars
rsxhero03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #6
Enternal

Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enternal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Does anyone have the part # for this?
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 03:55 PM   #7
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Does anyone have the part # for this?
these are the roof moldings the thread starter mentioned.
right side - 74306-S6M-003
left side - 74316-S6M-003

the top part of the door (mentioned in the title of this post) I think are these two.
right side - 72325-S6M-003
left side - 72365-S6M-003

At least, that's what it looks like on here.
https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...or-panels.html

Last edited by mfarmakas17; 05-25-2018 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: clarified answer.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote