Inner Tie Rod Replacement Help - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-23-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
StraightEdgeKiDD

StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Inner Tie Rod Replacement Help

About to attempt this just need to get the right tool and just want to make sure I'm doing it right so I don't waste my time so just looking for some insight.
(seems like there's a lot of mixed info when you try searching this up with people explaining how to the outer tie rods ends.)

saw someone on the forum mention you need to turn the nut clockwise.. seems weird that it would be reverse threaded.

if you look at the photo in my attachment, do I need to bend flat washer at all (blue arrow)? if not am I just spinning the nut (red arrow) counter clockwise?

will probably just end up figuring it out myself but any input is appreciated, thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190223_151006.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	548547  
StraightEdgeKiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2019, 11:49 PM   #2
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dude I'm curious to. I'll be doing this when it warms up and I've wondered the exact same thing.

I do everything in a parking lot or friends garage, so i study the fuck out of DIYs the manual, and youtube so I can go in as prepared as can be.
TheRickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:21 AM   #3
StraightEdgeKiDD

StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx StraightEdgeKiDD is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRickster View Post
Dude I'm curious to. I'll be doing this when it warms up and I've wondered the exact same thing.

I do everything in a parking lot or friends garage, so i study the fuck out of DIYs the manual, and youtube so I can go in as prepared as can be.
People like you are wild lol I could never

I research diys too but every time I try to do something on my car it always takes longer then expected, would not be down to leave my car at the park lol

Old 02-24-2019, 10:19 AM   #4
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I'd try lefty loosy first. I haven't done an RSX but haven't come across reverse threads unless that bolt goes all the way through. Looks like that bent over bit has a tab on the back or bottom that needs to be bent to allow rotation.

Last edited by marko16; 02-24-2019 at 10:22 AM..
marko16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #5
StraightEdgeKiDD

Well first attempt today was a failure. Also don't want to strip the nut so I'm a little hesitant on which way to turn it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
I'd try lefty loosy first. I haven't done an RSX but haven't come across reverse threads unless that bolt goes all the way through. Looks like that bent over bit has a tab on the back or bottom that needs to be bent to allow rotation.
It just seems wierd because it's bent the opposite way of what I would think would lock the nut in place so I'm not sure how to bend it.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:05 PM   #6
marko16
Master Member

marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx marko16 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdgeKiDD View Post
Well first attempt today was a failure. Also don't want to strip the nut so I'm a little hesitant on which way to turn it.

It just seems wierd because it's bent the opposite way of what I would think would lock the nut in place so I'm not sure how to bend it.
By the picture they are bent wrong, but on the bottom could be the one bent in the right direction.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #7
StraightEdgeKiDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko16 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightEdgeKiDD View Post

By the picture they are bent wrong, but on the bottom could be the one bent in the right direction.
I get what you mean that would make sense but on the top there's another bend but its bent the same way.
Old 02-26-2019, 02:15 AM   #8
StraightEdgeKiDD

ended up figuring it out and created a diy:
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1262189
Old 02-28-2019, 06:57 PM   #9
marko16
Master Member

thanks for posting that as I couldn't figure why they needed bending