Door Removal + Door Actuator Replacement. . . - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-30-2008, 01:23 PM   #51
kingwasabi
ian.

kingwasabi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
great DIY man it helped me out a lot. too bad i got the wrong part.... ftl
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #52
TypeSinVA
Don't hate the Russian

TypeSinVA has a clean start TypeSinVA has a clean start TypeSinVA has a clean start TypeSinVA has a clean start
This was pretty easy, did it today in about 30 min...
Random Installs that I have done myself:
HID | Clutch & flywheel | Random Suspension work | Wind deflectors | seat heaters | XM radio | Rockford Fosgate amp and 10"
TypeSinVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #53
Nate2003
pain = gain

Nate2003 is on a distinguished road Nate2003 is on a distinguished road
thanks I think I'm going to attempt doing this myself rather then pay $172+ tax for install from the Acura Dealer..
I'll just hunt around online on who has the best price for the actuator shipped
<CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #13><TN Crew Member #2>
Nate2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-27-2008, 11:17 AM   #54
Nate2003
pain = gain

hey guys I'm in the process right now as we speak of replacing my door actuator.. I'm to the part of removing the 8 clips from the door panel.. I don't have a panel tool for this... will a flat head be ok? don't wanna fuck the stuff up.. I don't have any spare clips though so will I more then likely break the clips by doing this and be fucked trying to put it back?

thanks for a quick response hopefully..
Old 09-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #55
atheimer

atheimer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Door Clips

I found the Acura clips to be fairly easy to deal with compared to some of the other vehicles I've worked on. I started on the upper-inside by the side-mirror and just worked my way around the bottom of the panel pulling with my hands every 6 in. or so. I wouldn't use a screwdriver for this as your likely to just scar things up. You may break a clip or two but generally that's not a big deal. Just make sure you have ALL of the screws out, the pictures at the start of this post missed one brass screw you need to remove after you take out the door handle piece.

I just got done with the project and was relieved that my key fob works again!
atheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:37 PM   #56
Nate2003
pain = gain

I went and got the proper tool the panel remover for clips tool.. I got the panel off this being first time ever and got down to the part of removing the golden rod. I couldn't for the life of me get that thing to do anything... I worked on that one piece for at least a half a hour and threw in the towel and put this shit back together again....
this fuckin bites I'm now going to have to spend a good amount of money for someone to do the install because of this BS.. that rod in my car look like it had a raised ring part around the opposite site of where it needed to come out of so there is no way I can see of how to pull it out.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #57
kcm910

kcm910 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Im doing mine today although I think my window just feel off track....I'll let ya know how it goes
kcm910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 PM   #58
kcm910

kcm910 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I got the two main screws out and the door panel all snapped off but I can't figure out the handel....I see the little piece behind the handel and i'm not sure how to get it out. Do i hold that little piece up and then pry the whole plactic section off around the handel and the window switches or what?
kcm910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #59
Nate2003
pain = gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcm910 View Post
I got the two main screws out and the door panel all snapped off but I can't figure out the handel....I see the little piece behind the handel and i'm not sure how to get it out. Do i hold that little piece up and then pry the whole plactic section off around the handel and the window switches or what?
talking of the window controls piece?

wait nvm yes that plastic piece prys off behind the inside door handle then there are 2 screws along with a bigger one as well

I'm referring to the inside part behind the handle.. not the entire thing, should be a tap where a small flat head could go

Last edited by Nate2003; 10-16-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old 10-17-2008, 03:28 PM   #60
OmiMiles

OmiMiles is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I jut did it, I spent like 2 hours, the gold rod was to difficult to remove, But I did it!

also the windows rail i got to remove, the bottom part of it!

My Updates thread<-------

My ShowOff Thread!<------
OmiMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #61
Nate2003
pain = gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmiMiles View Post
I jut did it, I spent like 2 hours, the gold rod was to difficult to remove, But I did it!

also the windows rail i got to remove, the bottom part of it!
yea so did I, just zipped tied it back to keep it out of the way
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #62
yukihiro
ciao-su!

yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
how the fuck did you guys get the gold rod off

i managed to replace the actuator without taking the gold rod off, but it was a pain in the ass

i swear i was going to break the plastic piece that the gold rod goes into if i tried to pull it any harder

took me a few hours to complete everything because of that fuckin gold rod. i eventually gave up on it and used a right angle screwdriver to take off the screw holding the metal plate in place. then i couldn't see how that fuckin other metal piece goes into place, so i took me forever to figure that shit out...

the people who made the diy guides make it sound like the gold rod slips out like nothing. not even a disclaimer saying that it may be difficult to pull out. that single rod made the actuator replacement a living hell

of course, i've ran into a single problem on many other installs, but usually theres a disclaimer and a hint on how to do that one thing...

i'm just glad i got the shit working
Old 10-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #63
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
^i had trouble with it too before i found this thread. read up on all the threads about the actuator and none have offered tips on it besides mentioning it was a pain, and takes a lot of force. probably all there is to it...i still gotta try again lol but i'm too lazy and two cars to fix up is too much lol
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:09 AM   #64
yukihiro
ciao-su!

yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx yukihiro might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
yea, i don't know how much more force i was supposed to use. i felt like i was gonna snap the plastic that's holding the rod...

oh well, it's doable without completely taking the assembly out of the door if you have the right tools, but is definitely a pita due to the small area you're given to work with.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #65
RedRiderRSX-S

RedRiderRSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It is clipped on there pretty tight. . some people's come off really easy, others are a pain in the ass. I too thought i was going to break it. .
RedRiderRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 06:44 PM   #66
stock k20

stock k20 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMC View Post
Nice man.. I've been putting off giving Acura the $100 CDN for the stupid door actuator for like 6 months now lol...

Thanks for the DIY, it'll be very helpful
ha ha ha same here
stock k20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:31 AM   #67
DRsnoopy
WHATS LOVE WITHOUT EVO

DRsnoopy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
is it any harder to do the passenger side actuator? i just took my door panel off and i could barely squeeze my head to even see the actuator..the space is really tight and i noticed u managed to get clear pictures as if you could clearly see the actuator
2007 Subaru LGT Spec B
LSx powered 1988 Mazda RX-7 Convertible
DRsnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:31 AM   #68
RedRiderRSX-S

After you take off the three screws on the side of the door, the actuator falls off. . then you can take it off and remove it. . .I forgot if it was easy to see the actuator when it was still mounted on the door. . ??
Old 11-02-2008, 03:04 AM   #69
Dc5anatic
Professional crastinator

Dc5anatic is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
actuator is just a fancy name for power locks,right??my passenger side went out.is this what i replace??
Dc5anatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 AM   #70
yukihiro
ciao-su!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5anatic View Post
actuator is just a fancy name for power locks,right??my passenger side went out.is this what i replace??
most likely.
Old 11-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #71
RedRiderRSX-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5anatic View Post
YES. .
Now I think my passenger one is going now. . DAMN!
Old 11-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #72
honda-rsx-5656
インテグラ DC5

honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road
i just did this and came out good except now the inside of the driver side door handle wont open.....any ideas what i might of done wrong?
the outside is fine.

MIDWEST CREW
honda-rsx-5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #73
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda-rsx-5656 View Post
i just did this and came out good except now the inside of the driver side door handle wont open.....any ideas what i might of done wrong?
the outside is fine.
did you put the clip back on the rod?

RIP Brenda J Aguilar 1964-2002,
rsxer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:07 PM   #74
honda-rsx-5656
インテグラ DC5

honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road honda-rsx-5656 is on a distinguished road
i belive so...im about to check.
thnks

MIDWEST CREW
honda-rsx-5656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 03:11 PM   #75
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
I had the same problem when we put our door panels back on... pretty easy to check and reattach.

RIP Brenda J Aguilar 1964-2002,
rsxer63 is offline   Reply With Quote