DIY Sunroof Switch / Cruise Control Bulb Replacement - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
dvsintegra03

dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
DIY Sunroof Switch / Cruise Control Bulb Replacement

After having problems with my sunroof switch bulb being out and questioning if its a bulb or if the whole switch had to be replaced I did some searching a found out quite a few people have the same problem. Most likely if your switch isn't illuminating but is functioning then your bulb needs to be replaced. This is a pretty simple procedure, I decided to make a DIY because I found a few threads on how to do it but no detailed pic instructions.

First thing you need to do is go to your local Acura / Honda dealership or here and order yourself a replacement bulb part #35851-S6M-A01. I read someone going to radio shack and finding a bulb there but I didn't find one that fit so I decided to just pay the $5 for an OEM bulb.

Next, you're going to need to take out the switch you are working on. Some people like to take the switch panel off from the front and remove it that way, personally I found it easier and safer to just lay under the dash and reach up and squeeze the tabs on the top and bottom of the switch and push it out to the front. Either way will work, it is just preference.

Now you have the switch out, look for the brown circle on the side. This is the bulb. The sunroof switch has 1 bulb and I think the cruise switch has 2. This would be an example of the sunroof switches bulb.

To remove the bulb stick a flat head screw driver in the slot on the bulb and turn it about a quarter turn counter clock wise. Flip the switch over and bang it out on the palm of your hand. It might be a little tight in there i used a paper clip to help wiggle it out. This is what it should look like now.

This is the replacement bulb.

Now all you have to do is reinstall the new bulb in reverse order of the previous steps. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble.

dvsintegra03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2010, 04:54 PM   #2
jaafdc5
Lurk n Learn

jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx jaafdc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice write up bro. and hey, weird shit... my sunroof started acting up after that day i made that post to your thread. it only illuminates when i first start up car and turn on lights. after a minute, it fades and i can't even see it anymore while driving. weird. btw, i used the radio shack bulbs and re-used the little red bulb cover as my solution. good shit anyways man!
jaafdc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
dvsintegra03

dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dvsintegra03 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks bro, would you happen to know the part number for the radio shack bulb? i would have rather done it that way but i couldnt find the right size, and the employee wasnt any help. this way people can do that rather then pay 5 for an oem bulb.
dvsintegra03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
0martin2
ABP

0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 0martin2 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
great write-up. i did this a few weeks ago and i couldnt get some of the rubber bulb covers off so i just used some of my moms nail polish to paint the bulb the color that i needed.

I <3 Driving Slow Crew #55
ABP Crew Member #70

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
0martin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #5
clean3two3
Master Member

clean3two3 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
good stuff but i stopped caring about lil shit like this lol
clean3two3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
i did this shit too, save yourself the trouble and buy OEM bulbs so everything matches.

that $3 or so u save buying from RS isn't worth it after you see clear differences in the light output of the bulbs.

that's only necessary if your red bulb covers have melted and adhered onto the bulb itself, like mine

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Drewpreme
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
have done this before and is pretty easy. nice write up on it.
Drewpreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:49 PM   #8
toda_dc5

toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx toda_dc5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
nice write up..
the light on my climax control blew, will this light bulb fit?
toda_dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:48 PM   #9
andersmb
Master Member

andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx andersmb is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
yes theyre all the same
andersmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:43 AM   #10
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
The sunroof button has a light! Holy shit, better get replacing.

Thanks for the DIY
Old 09-22-2010, 04:26 PM   #11
Wooward

Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Wooward is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackystride View Post
The sunroof button has a light! Holy shit, better get replacing.

Thanks for the DIY
Does the Cruise control part light up? Not the green light at top but the part that says "Cruise"? At night, the sunroof button and fog light button light but the "Cruise" doesn't. I bought a used RSX-S so sorry for the noob question. If it does, I'll have to replace that bulb. Thanks.
Wooward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #12
crackystride
Forever Slow

crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member crackystride is a glorious c-rsx member
^^ I think the "CRUISE" part does light up last time I looked at it. I barely use it so I'm not too sure.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #13
smackrel
Im Bad. Im Nationwide.

smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx smackrel is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Correction, the word "cruise" does light up on the button

I would assume the "mirror" adjuster that lights up has the same bulb as well?

I got to looking at it on a recent long trip and wondered why they made that light up? I am going to pull the bulb out if that is the case...

DC5|AF5

Last edited by smackrel; 09-22-2010 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: correction
smackrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #14
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
sweet
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #15
score04
RSX NV

score04 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Does anyone have pictures of this install? they're not showing up here anymore.

A-Spec Spoiler l CRSX Injen CAI w/ RED Hydroshield l Retrosolutions 5000K 55W SLIM HID's
score04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 02:37 AM   #16
hqh51
Maximum Plaid FTW

hqh51 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Looks like photos of the install are back up.

To save some money, one can buy CEC Industries 7219 Bulbs, 12 V, 0.72 W, Wire Terminal Base, T-1 shape (Box of 10). I bought this back in March 2017 for $5.39. It worked for replacing the blown out bulb that would light up the word CRUISE. Fits perfectly (need to trim the lead wires) and lights up well with the dash. Used to be able to buy these types of bulbs at Radio Shack (12V microlamps catalog part #: 2721092), but the stores were insufficiently in stock.
Retro-Solutions retro-fitted TSX projectors (Review, posts #306-309), 6000K 35 Watts, Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI | Install guide for XD 6000K HID kit |
DIY: Footwell LED Lighting | 2002-2006 RSX Helm's Manual, Linked

Last edited by hqh51; 10-26-2018 at 02:42 AM..
hqh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #17
fatso666

fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx fatso666 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
do you know if they work on the AC panel?
(2004 to 2006) 1993 Honda Civic SI Blue
(2006 to 2008) 1994 Acura Integra DC2 White
(2009 Forever) 2003 Acura RSX Type S NHBP
fatso666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 09:37 AM   #18
hqh51
Maximum Plaid FTW

hqh51 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatso666 View Post
do you know if they work on the AC panel?
They should because these are similar to the Radio Shack bulb version, for which I've used to replace bulbs in the HVAC dash assembly. I just haven't had any need to replace with the Amazon bought bulbs elsewhere in the car.
Retro-Solutions retro-fitted TSX projectors (Review, posts #306-309), 6000K 35 Watts, Osram Xenarc 66240 CBI | Install guide for XD 6000K HID kit |
DIY: Footwell LED Lighting | 2002-2006 RSX Helm's Manual, Linked
hqh51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 11:57 PM   #19
LA007

LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx LA007 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I just replaced the bulbs in my climate control panel. Just to be clear, there are 2 different sizes of bulbs. each button has a small light bulb in the center. For example, when you press the center button it turns green indicating the AC compressor has kicked on. I did not replace any of those lights. There are 2 bigger lights that are for backlighting all of the RED numbers and selector switch and motor speed all that crap. I ordered them on Amazon for $17.98. Don't be cheap. Who wants the hastle of breaking down al that shit to replace them again in a few months. These are genuine HONDA parts The part number is 79670-SL0-A01 Neo-Wedge (14V 100Ma) Bulb Its a super easy install. Took about 10 minutes. Search youtube for the video
LA007 is offline   Reply With Quote