JDM DC5 brembo swap - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 08-24-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
Blacktopvitz

Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
JDM DC5 brembo swap

I know Iím beating a dead horse here and Iíve gone though countless of threads reading about what is needed for the swap... My setup is a bit different then most because I am bolting the parts up to my Honda Element.

I recently purchased jdm dc5r brembos with knuckles and LCRs. I know that Iíll need to use the jdm suspension because if the offset of the knuckles. So i purchased coil overs (tein flex z).

So I have been reading and have some contradicting...

I plan on using the jdm LCRs. As for the knuckles I was hoping to keep the ITR ones but from what I gather I canít find oem replacement only aftermarket like MU or mugen. To make it easy and have the ability to change it with parts I could pickup locally I was thinking of going the usdm 05-06 type s knuckles.

If I get the 05-06 type s front knuckles I can use s2k rotors with a 7.5mm spacer between the rotor and the hub to space it out to center it between the Caliper. I can use 2002 Nissan 350z brembo pads. 1989 prelude Lower ball joints. Type s bearings.

This would allow me to use off the shelf parts while retaining the jdm brembo calipers and Jdm LCRs

I apologize guys I just wanted to straight out the info Iíve read before I start ordering a wack of parts.

Thanks!
Blacktopvitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #2
Sadukar09

Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Sadukar09 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
lol. JDM knuckles shouldn't be something you worried about. You should be worried about the rotors. Those are Type R only, and no one makes replacements in the USA besides DBA, and they're $300 each.

You'll have way easier time with spares and maintenance if you go with 02-04 Type-S suspension parts. Do not use 05-06, as there are 0 aftermarket parts for the lower ball joints. I've tried Prelude joints, they don't work after a while. 350Z Brembo pads fits the Type R Brembos by default, so you're ok there.
Sadukar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:13 PM   #3
Blacktopvitz

Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Blacktopvitz is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Ok cool. I donít mind buying rotors for $300ea. And what about wheel bearings? Type-s? I start the suspenion and brakes next weekend
Blacktopvitz is offline   Reply With Quote