Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 11 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-19-2006, 07:12 PM   #251
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
oh now i remember i grounded it using one of those abs bolts since its a body bolt, whichever it reaches is the one i used.
LOL - you grounded it body to body?!
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #252
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
Now my car won't start. Clutch to the floor, turn the key, no starter - only the damn fan!!

Is this because I left that ground loose?!
God sending you a message.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #253
2010 admin

You ARE joking, right?

Old 10-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #254
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
yea i think so lol

Should be able to start unless you left something disconected which i doubt cuz u didnt unplug anything did u?
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #255
paulkramer

Only the ground wire.

I don't understand electronics very well, and I've never seen a ground wire connected to an engine mount and the way you guys were minimizing the importance of it......

Oh, and BlueJ saying he put his ground right next to the other end of it - body to body - made me really think it was unnecessary.

How the hell can a body to body ground be OK when it is supposed to be body to engine?!

Last edited by paulkramer; 10-19-2006 at 08:20 PM..
Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 PM   #256
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
will just using the Innovative front mount do any good?

RIP Brenda J Aguilar 1964-2002,
rsxer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #257
paulkramer

I don't know about the FRONT mount - that is the least important of the mounts.

But I feel a big difference already after installing only the passenger side mount.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM   #258
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
You ARE joking, right?
No, not really. I'm an idiot.

I pinched the ground between the mount bracket and the nut. I found an empty threaded hole on the head, near the injectors, that I can use when I find the right size bolt and some longer grounding wire.....
Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 PM   #259
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Quote:
I don't know about the FRONT mount - that is the least important of the mounts.

But I feel a big difference already after installing only the passenger side mount.
can you just buy the mounts individually or is the front mount the only one that is sold individually?

Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #260
paulkramer

Front mount is the only one sold individually.

If I were a rich man, I'd say buying the set of three and only using the one I installed would be worth the price of all three!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #261
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
actually you can buy em all individually but from innovative themselfes
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #262
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

I need a little more support than the TD and I am strapped for cash now. I just ordered the front mount, hopefully this will help.. I am running a brand new rear stock mount right now with a CSC.

Last edited by rsxer63; 10-19-2006 at 09:05 PM..
Old 10-19-2006, 09:11 PM   #263
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
actually you can buy em all individually but from innovative themselfes
I tried that a long time ago - they never respond to my inquiries. Like the one I made about the grounding wire.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:23 AM   #264
paulkramer

Have any of you Innovative owners noticed increased noise over bumps since installing these?

Was I supposed to use that shiny triangular shaped thing for something.....?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:46 AM   #265
paulkramer

J/K about the "shiny triangular shaped thing". I DID install the bracket....
Old 10-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #266
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
Dude, do you want to jack your car up three times or jack it up once? if you have air tools, this is a 2-3 hour job, tops. Just get it done all at once.
Oh, yeah, my back was KILLING me last night after doing just one mount (the easiest one at that). That's another reason to do one at a time. And I would have had to move the jack anyway to do the other side.

Where do you guys place the jackstands? I am always worried on a little Honda about placing the jack/jackstand anywhere other than the area recommended for jacking....
Old 10-20-2006, 09:30 AM   #267
2010 admin

Wuss.... Wait until you get under that car and the rear mount makes you its bitch. This is what you ground relocation should look like, Grasshopper...
Old 10-20-2006, 09:58 AM   #268
paulkramer

Damn - who sprinkled candy coating all over your engine!?

I thought about that one, but my neighbor the mechanic said to leave it alone. Isn't that one threadlocked? It's the timing chain cover, I think. There's an empty threaded hole on the exhaust manifold that I've got my eye on. Just need the right size bolt (probably the one on the OEM bracket would have worked if I hadn't dropped it into oblivion) and a longer ground wire.

Wuss!? Try old fart. 45 and one back surgery = sore back. I wonder how much the shop down yonder would charge to install rear mount.....

Damn that's one clean-ass engine!! How old is your car? Doesn't matter, I guess, since you live in Texas.......damn sunbelt.....and my sorry ass stuck up here in Siberia!

Thanks for the pic!!

Last edited by paulkramer; 10-20-2006 at 10:03 AM..
Old 10-20-2006, 06:05 PM   #269
RoadRunner Type S
1,200hp stable... Bitches

RoadRunner Type S is on a distinguished road RoadRunner Type S is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Oh, yeah, my back was KILLING me last night after doing just one mount (the easiest one at that). That's another reason to do one at a time. And I would have had to move the jack anyway to do the other side.

Where do you guys place the jackstands? I am always worried on a little Honda about placing the jack/jackstand anywhere other than the area recommended for jacking....
On each side where you jack the car up there should be plenty of space for the stand as well.
1998 Subaru Forester L >> 5sp DD
<SOLD> 2002 NBP RSX Type S Bolt-ons: 60': 2.23 1/4: 13.914@101MPH
Designed For Detail Professional Auto Detailing - DesignedForDetail@gmail.com
RoadRunner Type S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:17 PM   #270
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadRunner Type S View Post
On each side where you jack the car up there should be plenty of space for the stand as well.
If you're referring to the spot where the three body panels are welded together, there's not enough room for me to get the jackstand in.

I used the subframe, the fore/aft members that the LCAs attach to.....

I got the driver's side (transmission) mount in. That sucked. Especially those two lower bolts. Had to go at them mm by mm.....both removing them and reinstalling them.

At least in the process of replacing my battery I noticed that it was low on water..........then it indicated needing a charge - maybe time to replace it. It still shows charge needed indicator after me driving around for 20 minutes hoping it would return to normal.

Innovative mounts may have saved me from being stranded with a dead battery!
Old 10-21-2006, 06:25 PM   #271
paulkramer

Did anyone install these mounts one at a time? Cause I've got the two side mounts in and they're much better than stock but I'm wondering if I should have gone with the 75s instead of the 60s.

Does the rear mount make that much difference?
Old 10-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #272
2010 admin

Quote:
Does the rear mount make that much difference?
Yes, in fact, it might be the most important, since it's dampening the motor's rotational energy. Get your air tools, yet?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #273
paulkramer

Yeah, I knew it was most important, just trying to ascertain how important....

Air tools. No, not yet. Toying with the idea of having it installed by someone with a lift. I can bust those suckers loose, but I might never walk again.......

And call me a doofus, but I still can't find a good place to put jack stands other than the subframe - and doing that will press the subframe harder against the body, making mount R&R more difficult....
Old 10-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #274
paulkramer

BTW, the passenger side mount installed by itself does more to dampen engine movement - with much less noise and vibration - than the torque damper I used to have on there....
Old 10-21-2006, 10:25 PM   #275
paulkramer

You know, I may very well have serious mental disorder. I think I solved my own problem with placing jackstands - if I jack the car up in the front at the center of the front crossmember, I can place jackstands where I would be placing the jack normally....

BTW, lots of comments in this thread about vibrations/lack of vibrations - what about the neck-snapping back and forth shit that goes on in first gear in this car? I don't know if my mounts are broken - I bought the car used - or if that's just how soft the OEM mounts are.....

Will that shit go away when I get the rear mount in? OK, nobody here tonight, all in the Birds and Bees forums I guess......you guys must not be married....