Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 14 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:20 PM   #326
TyFoxx0608
Infinite Motorsports

TyFoxx0608 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Im a finance manager and i drive a dealer car. I really dont need my rsx to be comfy. I was thinking about making it a race car either all out drag or autocross. I still dont know yet but i rarely drive my car now. The interior is stripped i took out all the sound dampening tar like thing from the floor. I just need to pick what to do and just wanted to know what was better out the 2 race or solid.
PWP RSX-S = sold
Integra GSR = sold
Civic Si = sold
TyFoxx0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2006, 12:32 PM   #327
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
by all means if you wanna get solid get em and let us know how it is but its gonna be pretty unbearable even driving it on the track/drag
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #328
TyFoxx0608
Infinite Motorsports

You cant ask for performance without giving something up. You cant say i want 400hp then say but i still want great mpg. Theres no way so if it is unbearable who cares. Its not like those few hours are gonna kill me. I mean do you think those f1 drift cars and autocross car meant for comfort. I ready to give up anything thats not helping me on the tracks.
PWP RSX-S = sold
Integra GSR = sold
Civic Si = sold

Old 10-27-2006, 02:03 PM   #329
rsxer63
Low Flying Whore Ron

rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit rsxer63 probably needs to buy a Wii Fit
Quote:
Originally Posted by baotiny0608 View Post
You cant ask for performance without giving something up. You cant say i want 400hp then say but i still want great mpg. Theres no way so if it is unbearable who cares. Its not like those few hours are gonna kill me. I mean do you think those f1 drift cars and autocross car meant for comfort. I ready to give up anything thats not helping me on the tracks.
I don't think welding the motor to the frame is a good idea..... just like welding the axle to the frame like they used to do in the 50s and 60s was not a good idea .... especially if you are running a road course. IMO

RIP Brenda J Aguilar 1964-2002,
rsxer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:05 PM   #330
TyFoxx0608
Infinite Motorsports

Yeah i was just messing around with him
PWP RSX-S = sold
Integra GSR = sold
Civic Si = sold
Old 10-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #331
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
LOL - and I was messing with you!

Welding the motor to the frame would make for some interesting maintenance......especially clutch replacements.
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:42 PM   #332
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
well i'm not getting the rear mount from innovative. I just picked up a perfectly functional Type R rear mount. I was buying the front LCAs and sway bar from a DC5R subframe and saw the mount was still attached. 20 bucks later and it was mine.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
www.k-series.com New lap time!! 2:30.1 lap VIR Full course street tires
caeavesRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:56 PM   #333
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeavesRSX-S View Post
well i'm not getting the rear mount from innovative. I just picked up a perfectly functional Type R rear mount. I was buying the front LCAs and sway bar from a DC5R subframe and saw the mount was still attached. 20 bucks later and it was mine.
Pics? So what are you using for the other three?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:05 PM   #334
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Mugen...Ive already installed the front and drivers side...the passenger is the one i was having the most issues with
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 10-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #335
paulkramer

Quote:
Mugen...Ive already installed the front and drivers side...the passenger is the one i was having the most issues with
That's right - now I remember.

What issues were you having with the passenger side mount?

Pics? I wanted Mugen, until I started reading this thread......especially interested in seeing the Type R rear - hell, I'm interested in seeing all of them!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:23 PM   #336
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
how's Mugen compared to Innovative?

03DSM-RSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #337
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX View Post
Which is why I requested pics.....www.kingmotorsports.com just has generic Mugen pics so I have no real good notion of what Mugen RSX mounts are like.....

I believe they are similar to OEM but with firmer material. Don't know if they have all the cutouts or not though....
Old 10-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #338
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by seth812 View Post
how long till you have them in stock again?
I hope soon, just waiting on the shipment from Innovative. They have been dropping the ball and have been really slow lately.

Quote:
i'm buying street kit as soon as its available for auto

again, street kit is composed of: front mount, passenger mount, and rear???

would the passenger still fit with a CRV motor?
the kit is driver, pass, and rear mounts. The pass might fit with a K24 but I haven't tested it with a stock mount. I can't see why it wouldn't fit.

Quote:
Mugen is a nothing compared to Innovative. Not only are the Mugen more expensive and they do anything that amazing over stock and don't even hold a candle to the Innovative.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:51 AM   #339
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
I hope soon, just waiting on the shipment from Innovative. They have been dropping the ball and have been really slow lately.
yea i talked to brian on AIM after i ordered a set. i can't wait till they come in
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:01 PM   #340
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Quote:
I can't compare them to Innovative because I haven't tried those out. But with just the two installed, especially replacing the torn front mount, the car already rides better and firmer without the increase of vibration associated with polyurethane mounts. The Mugen pieces are the same factory castings with a harder rubber installed in the factory position. They are an improvement and cost hasn't related much to my build and what I want out of my car. The more factory like the better in some respects.

The problem I am having with the passenger mount are from the power steering line and 6 inch long bolt occupying much the same space in the engine bay. I have taken your advice and went to Advance for the crows feet wrenches but came up short. I'm going to check Sears next or just remove the power steering line and deal with the mess.

The Type R rear mount seems to be hard plastic with a rubber insert. Is it different, who knows? The part number on the back is >PA66-GF50< but then it has another part number on the side = AV-73166-HG.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 10-30-2006, 06:19 AM   #341
paulkramer

Quote:
The Mugen pieces are the same factory castings with a harder rubber installed in the factory position.
You say they are hard rubber - are they solid, i.e. without the OEM cutouts?
Old 10-30-2006, 08:23 PM   #342
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

The cutouts are the same as the OEM pieces.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 PM   #343
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
now everybody who reads this thread should rep me COME ON NOW lol

Old 10-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #344
paulkramer

+ rep for bluej
Old 10-31-2006, 11:29 AM   #345
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

repped page
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 10-31-2006, 07:22 PM   #346
paulkramer

bluej - got the front mount in yet?
Old 10-31-2006, 07:30 PM   #347
bluej511
Name's Vic

nope didnt even order way to short on money

Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #348
paulkramer

Hmm.....I hope the financial gods shine down on you soon...

Looks as though they are back in stock......I want one. Want to see how complete set behaves. And I want the challenge of installing it!

LOL - the rear mount was fun! I got that sucker out by turning it this way and that way - then I couldn't remember which way to turn the new one when I installed it!
Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #349
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

Fortunately, Im going to be swapping the sway bar and header at the same time as the rear mount so it should be pretty easy.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM   #350
paulkramer

Quote:
Fortunately, Im going to be swapping the sway bar and header at the same time as the rear mount so it should be pretty easy.
Oh, yes, definitely. It wasn't hard at all, just took some time to keep turning the mount until it would squeeze into the available space.

I removed nothing but the bolts.

The front looks trickier yet, though somebody here said he replaced his without removing anything so I guess it's possible.