Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 15 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #351
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
im not sure how that is possible. i tried from the bottom and the top and just took the battery and intake out and pulled it out from the side.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
www.k-series.com New lap time!! 2:30.1 lap VIR Full course street tires
caeavesRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2006, 11:09 AM   #352
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeavesRSX-S View Post
im not sure how that is possible. i tried from the bottom and the top and just took the battery and intake out and pulled it out from the side.
Referring to the front mount? I guess I know how it's done now!!
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:01 AM   #353
paulkramer

Well these mounts have been in my car for a couple of weeks now and I must say I love them. I think they've broken in a little bit, only bother me at highway speeds (I've got a 5-speed, and the damn motor turns too fast at highway speeds - I'm wishing I bought an S!) and very rarely as the engine winds through the 1,000 RPM mark.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:33 AM   #354
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
how does it bother you at highway speeds? ive never had a problem at highway speeds i barely have a problem with the ac on lol its between 1200-1400rpm that tehres a tiny bit of vibration thats it
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:51 AM   #355
teggei2
Master Member

teggei2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Beofre i installed these mounts i had the esmm and had the idle set to 1100. I never changed the idle and had very small vibrations after installing the innovatives..i thought that would be the minimum vibs i could get since they're solid mounts. Unitl yesterday i just started to play with my idle because of all the rattles in my car. Once i set it to 850 everything was so much better i couldn't feel any vibrations or hear any rattles just the engine itself. i should've done this a long time ago right after installing the mounts.
teggei2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #356
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
how does it bother you at highway speeds? ive never had a problem at highway speeds i barely have a problem with the ac on lol its between 1200-1400rpm that tehres a tiny bit of vibration thats it
It's just really loud. You have a 6-speed, no? My engine is turning at least 1,000 RPM higher than yours, unless you don't use sixth LOL.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:43 PM   #357
cwesttypes

cwesttypes is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
It's just really loud. You have a 6-speed, no? My engine is turning at least 1,000 RPM higher than yours, unless you don't use sixth LOL.
Have your vibrations decreased alot since your post a week ago? You were saying the mounts were very hard and lots of vibrations. Also did you get any increase in noise? Thanks
cwesttypes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 10:32 AM   #358
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwesttypes View Post
Have your vibrations decreased alot since your post a week ago? You were saying the mounts were very hard and lots of vibrations. Also did you get any increase in noise? Thanks
Well, let me start by saying I'm an old fart (45) and not used to noise and vibrations. Also, my car has 60K miles on it, so some things may be a little loosened up (I discovered that one of the 'new' rattles is the moonroof rattling in its frame when its open - it didn't go away after tightening the six bolts that attach it to the sliding brackets, so I guess those sliders are rattling against the rails). And I live in a cold climate with terrible roads - the cold weather of course makes rattles worse, and the roads have a way of beating the shit out of the car.

Short version - yes the vibrations have died down. They are really only noticeable at cold starts (I had some rattles anyway, they're just a little intensified by the mounts and the cold weather).

The noise level isn't as bad either - I haven't driven on the expressway in a week, but it seems quieter driving around town so I guess it will be quieter on the highway as well.

I prefer these mounts over OEM. The NVH has diminished, and I have adjusted to the slight increase in NVH.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:57 AM   #359
jcnacbar
ex-rsxer

jcnacbar is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Vibration form the motor should not necessarily lead to rattles (although it does in our cars), I stripped my whole interior last winter (your correct, lack of humidity in the winter causes the plastic to go crazy) stuffing foam everywhere in an attempt to remove ALL rattles. It helped TREMEDOUSLY my car feels so much more solid now (its no lexus though lol). I found trouble spots all over the car, now it weighs 10lbs more because of the foam lol.

I'm going to buy these when I get my header.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #360
black dc5
Master Member

black dc5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbarnar View Post
Vibration form the motor should not necessarily lead to rattles (although it does in our cars), I stripped my whole interior last winter (your correct, lack of humidity in the winter causes the plastic to go crazy) stuffing foam everywhere in an attempt to remove ALL rattles. It helped TREMEDOUSLY my car feels so much more solid now (its no lexus though lol). I found trouble spots all over the car, now it weighs 10lbs more because of the foam lol.

Wow, you should fill us in on those trouble spots. I'll make myself lose 10lbs to offset the 10lbs of foam if it's gonna make the car quieter
black dc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #361
paulkramer

Quote:

Yes, the foam helps, although I don't think it will last. Dealer fixed all rattles last year just as the warranty was expiring.

They're back again - now that it is cold again.

I have noticed that the HVAC unit rattles against the dash, so I bought some replacement clips. Just wonder if I keep removing it and replacing clips that doing so will weaken the retainers and make it rattle more...

Sigh.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #362
jcnacbar
ex-rsxer

Yeah you'll never remove ALL of them, thats what the stereo is for lol

Keep in mind you'll probably snap a few clips here and there, but they are fairly inexpensive at acura.

Ones that come to mind... (I used felt pads for some of these, chunks of foam for others)
Strip of foam between dash and windshield
Place pads where glove box makes contact with dash
Remove glovebox, foam around the visible fuse box, foam around all vents
Used doublesided tape to secure kickplate cover
Foam around ECU
Foam stuffed inside A pillar panels
Foam in misc places around rear side panels
Lots of foam strips in trunk, behind all of those panels its just bare metal
Foam in the panels around the hatch
Slightly extend all of the rubber stoppers for hood/doors/hatch
Foam between airbag cover and steering wheel (have to be clever or you'll see it)
Still working on the door locks
Still working on passenger side door speaker
Tape around all latches
Basically just bang or tap on everything, if you hear any kind of contact then it will rattle at some rpm.

The car sounds very solid even hitting potholes, unless they are really severe. I never said it was pretty, but effective and you can't visibly see any of this shit.
Have fun.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #363
teggei2
Master Member

rattles suck. i always have a rattle going on when accelerating from stop to 1k-2k.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:06 PM   #364
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
just got my innovatives in, gonna install them in a few weeks prob since my car is in storage for the winter
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #365
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth812 View Post
just got my innovatives in, gonna install them in a few weeks prob since my car is in storage for the winter
Sounds like you've got a Ferrari or something......
Old 11-14-2006, 08:06 AM   #366
paulkramer

damn, jcbarnar, sounds like you've got a lot more rattles than me! I think mine come (mostly) from the HVAC control unit and the moonroof pocket/cover.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 AM   #367
jcnacbar
ex-rsxer

Not any more, but yeah there were a lot, the car has nearly 100,000km and has spent a lot of its life at the strip and track. Considering that, its damn near perfect now lol
Old 11-14-2006, 10:35 AM   #368
NBP RSX-S
Weightlifting Master

NBP RSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Finally got my 4 streets on and with the idle at 1200 (k2s) vibes are not bad at all, actually a tiny bit less than the ESMM.

Im still running the Ingalls ETD with them too so im sure when I take that off they will vibe even less. +1 for innovative mounts.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=592631
NBP RSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 11:04 AM   #369
jcnacbar
ex-rsxer

How much do shops typically charge to install motor mount replacements like these?
Old 11-14-2006, 11:44 AM   #370
paulkramer

Quote:
How much do shops typically charge to install motor mount replacements like these?

But most shops charge at least $65/hour and depending on how sharp (fast and accurate) they are .........

Some places don't like to use parts that are brought in by the customer either. They make a profit on the parts, and they might not want to deal with potential hassles of unknown parts acting up. Yes, I know the Innovatives are superior to others, but they might not see it that way if they've never heard of the company...

It's not a bad job at all, as long as you don't mind working on your back and getting a little dirty.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:47 PM   #371
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
Sounds like you've got a Ferrari or something......
yea, it's about as tempermental as one too
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #372
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth812 View Post
yea, it's about as tempermental as one too
LOL
Old 11-15-2006, 01:55 PM   #373
giorgakis02
Master Member

giorgakis02 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Did anyone install the front mount. how difficult was it.
06 nbp-s comptech ss, ingalls ed, metal shift bushings, skunk2 knob, injen cai, strup race header, PowerGetter, Innovative motor mounts, Eibach pro kit, Progress 24mm rear sway, SPC rear camber kit, Kpro coming soon.
giorgakis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #374
teggei2
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgakis02 View Post
Did anyone install the front mount. how difficult was it.

I did. Only hard part was trying to line up the bolts to screw them in. Make sure you don't crossthread! I messed up on one of the bolts, it's screwed in but not all the way due to it now being put in straight. Now i have to add some washers to fill in the space.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:19 PM   #375
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggei2 View Post
I did. Only hard part was trying to line up the bolts to screw them in. Make sure you don't crossthread! I messed up on one of the bolts, it's screwed in but not all the way due to it now being put in straight. Now i have to add some washers to fill in the space.
That was the only hard part?!

How did you maneuver the mounts in and out of that space?!