Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 17 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #401
LickyMYwalker
gone

LickyMYwalker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i dont get how the rear was so hard. we unbolted the sway and then moved it out of the way and i didnt even take off my header. i just lifted up the engine by the oil pan and a block of wood, unboled some bracket that attaches the motor mount to the tranny and took the whole thing off. then slid it back up, manuevered it in place and it was good. i ono how the rear was so hard.

btw I LOVE THESE MOOUNTS. NO VIBS!
LickyMYwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2006, 11:57 AM   #402
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickyMYwalker View Post
i dont get how the rear was so hard. we unbolted the sway and then moved it out of the way and i didnt even take off my header. i just lifted up the engine by the oil pan and a block of wood, unboled some bracket that attaches the motor mount to the tranny and took the whole thing off. then slid it back up, manuevered it in place and it was good. i ono how the rear was so hard.

btw I LOVE THESE MOOUNTS. NO VIBS!

Was no big deal, except lying on my back and trying to find the tool I needed without any room to move and look.....
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 PM   #403
rsx-s03

rsx-s03 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
looking good!
I want a set.
rsx-s03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2006, 11:39 PM   #404
paulkramer

How many of you - if anyone - used threadlock on your motor mount bolts?

The Helms says nothing about using threadlock, so I didn't use any.

Just don't want those things shaking loose.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #405
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I didn't and I have never had a problem running the solid mount kits and pulling motors about once a race.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:18 PM   #406
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
paul if you use threadlock make sure it dries up first and then start threading or something like that i forgot how it works, use a medium strength so your able to easily break it loose by hand if you dont have air tools.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:36 PM   #407
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
How many of you - if anyone - used threadlock on your motor mount bolts?

The Helms says nothing about using threadlock, so I didn't use any.

Just don't want those things shaking loose.

Not required.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #408
paulkramer

Sounds like consensus is that threadlock is not needed - although Chris pulls his motor frequently which means he's always re-tightening the bolts LOL.

I really don't feel like getting under the car now. It's about 19 degrees (fahrenheit) here.

Though I'm still obsessing about whether or not I want to reinstall the OEM rear mount or maybe install the front mount and see if either of those actions will reduce vibrations. I know it sounds nuts to think that the front mount will help reduce vibes, but I think it might distribute the forces more evenly...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 PM   #409
JohnShiwota

JohnShiwota is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
When did these come out?
http://www.clubrsx.com/merchant.mvc?..._Code=ARSXENEM
JohnShiwota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #410
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnShiwota View Post
just today
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #411
rsxdude
Asian dude

rsxdude is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I saw their ads in magezines. I would've defintely have bought the satin billet but alas, I bought the steel ones already. Oh well. Can't wait to get them on.
rsxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:15 PM   #412
paulkramer

Is there any difference in construction?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #413
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnShiwota View Post
I added them to the store today, although i dont know if they are going to make a front mount in billet time will tell

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Injen CAI - RV6 PCD'S and J-Pipe - RV6 Double resonated midpipe - 25.4mm RSB
2002 SSM Type S - gone
RIP 2002 NHBP Type S - 452whp/358tq pump gas
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #414
2010 admin

Quote:
Is there any difference in construction?
Well, the black ones are made from welded steel and these appear to me milled from aluminum.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #415
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
Well, the black ones are made from welded steel and these appear to me milled from aluminum.
Yeah.....that's cool, I wonder if there are any other differences, such as redesigned welds between the brackets and the cylindrical portions.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:05 PM   #416
Point_particle
Complete Part Out

Point_particle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Yeah.....that's cool, I wonder if there are any other differences, such as redesigned welds between the brackets and the cylindrical portions.
they appear to be billet which means they are cut by machine from a chunk of solid aluminum, that means no welds
Point_particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #417
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth812 View Post
they appear to be billet which means they are cut by machine from a chunk of solid aluminum, that means no welds
Ahh... thanks for the clarification. I did not know that about billet.

Now I wish I had these instead of the steel.......oh well. The steels are lifetime warrantied too.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:43 PM   #418
2010 admin

On motor mounts, I would always prefer steel over aluminum. Maybe not an issue on our displacement motors, but that is my preference.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:45 PM   #419
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
I will find out later today if they are going to make the front mount in Billet aluminum

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Injen CAI - RV6 PCD'S and J-Pipe - RV6 Double resonated midpipe - 25.4mm RSB
2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 12-06-2006, 03:50 PM   #420
secretpickle
FS: K20A2 Head (C Sig)

secretpickle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
mine should be coming soon.

Matt
secretpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:53 PM   #421
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
On motor mounts, I would always prefer steel over aluminum. Maybe not an issue on our displacement motors, but that is my preference.
I feel better about just placing my order for the front steel mount.....

Hell, $386 for four motor mounts is enough for me!
Old 12-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #422
Fade2Black
Retired OG

the automatic kit for base owners is due out approximately Dec. 20th

and if they release the billet front mount it will be early next january

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 12-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #423
rsxdude
Asian dude

rsxdude is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Just installed mine today. Will have to search the thread about where to ground the wire, I'm sure i'll figure it out. Too bad I can't drive it till next week.

P.S. Hit a dog and had front end damage, so it's back from the shop and I have to put it back together.
rsxdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:07 AM   #424
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by caeavesRSX-S View Post
im not sure how that is possible. i tried from the bottom and the top and just took the battery and intake out and pulled it out from the side.
How in the hell did you do that? I'm working from underneath, so I should be able to push the front mount out that way, but it needs to go up far enough to clear the mounting bracket on the subframe.......I've practically dropped the subframe out of the car; it's a few inches lower than normal, but it's still not far enough to move the mount past the radiator fan and the subframe bracket........

Anyone? I really don't want to drop the subframe completely - I don't have the resources to get it back in! Not to mention all the other stuff I will have to disconnect in order to remove it.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:03 AM   #425
caeavesRSX-S
Mugennnnnn!

caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx caeavesRSX-S might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Removing the battery and intake is the key....move some hoses and pull it out towards the side. It will come out, just keep wiggling.
230WHP 162 wtq MyCAR#2
www.k-series.com New lap time!! 2:30.1 lap VIR Full course street tires

Last edited by caeavesRSX-S; 12-16-2006 at 03:06 AM..
caeavesRSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote