Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 20 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:54 PM   #476
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
wait, the mounts are a waste of money because a small number of people can't figure out how to install them? I have put in several sets with zero problems.
K20A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2006, 08:48 PM   #477
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I believe only a small number of people have attempted installing the front IMM....

What's the secret? I know you said previously that the subframe needed to be dropped for the front - I had heard similar statements about the rear and it was a piece of cake (as were the other two), so I tackled the front with the same basic tools and without dropping the subframe. I actually did lower it slightly, but not completely.

And why does the front IMM not mate flush with the mounting surfaces on the transmission - or doesn't it matter? The tab that's slotted rubs against a corner of the transmission so it really only touches/mates the transmission at one point. And the bottom tab of the mount is flat, while it mates to a surface that has alternating ridges and depressions that form a circle......
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 10:54 PM   #478
peteguillette
Turbo + Nitrous = :)

peteguillette is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by K20A2 View Post
wait, the mounts are a waste of money because a small number of people can't figure out how to install them? I have put in several sets with zero problems.
All the other mounts are fine

the front mount is a joke

but luckly you don't pay for the front mount when you buy the other three
peteguillette is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2006, 11:02 PM   #479
peteguillette

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteguillette View Post
All the other mounts are fine

the front mount is a joke

but luckly you don't pay for the front mount when you buy the other three
Actually ... ok here we go ...

These are my concerns with every aspect of this product.

1. the tranny mount had too much metal on it and did not fit in between the mount points on the tranny - I should not have to take a dremel to a brand new set of race mounts that just came out of a box.

Luckley these are the board's , so there is plenty of room to argue this point... call it what you will... (put infinite list of why it did not go in here)
Bottom line is that a product that is being produced and payed for should be able to be installed by people who regularly do work on cars. And should be espically routine for those who regularly work on the RSX. (have fun with this, there's plenty of points to chew on here)

2. The front mount - refer to all other posts on this thread .

3. Honistly in my experience there is no such thing as a drop in and call a day job espically on aftermarket parts. The fitment is always less then oem (some are better then others) And you end have having to be resourceful in order to do a clean cut - done right call a day and walk away job.

That's the aftermarket for car's - get used to it
Old 12-19-2006, 05:53 AM   #480
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
Well i didnt have a single problem with my 2 mounts and i was probably the second or third one to get em. My tranny mount fit perfect, my passenger side also fit perfect, my rear was perfect as well except that the hole sits a wee bit higher then the OEM but then again that could be my fault for not even loosening or taking off the subframe a bit.

I used a huge pry bar and then put the bolt right thru and had no problems. Now if someone wants to send me a free front mount i can see what the problem is lol
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 08:33 AM   #481
paulkramer

Quote:
3. Honistly in my experience there is no such thing as a drop in and call a day job espically on aftermarket parts. The fitment is always less then oem (some are better then others) And you end have having to be resourceful in order to do a clean cut - done right call a day and walk away job.
Ionno - my K&N filter dropped right in to stock airbox......
Old 12-19-2006, 08:58 AM   #482
peteguillette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
Well i didnt have a single problem with my 2 mounts and i was probably the second or third one to get em. My tranny mount fit perfect, my passenger side also fit perfect, my rear was perfect as well except that the hole sits a wee bit higher then the OEM but then again that could be my fault for not even loosening or taking off the subframe a bit.

I used a huge pry bar and then put the bolt right thru and had no problems. Now if someone wants to send me a free front mount i can see what the problem is lol
u got the street mounts

I got the race mounts
Old 12-19-2006, 09:08 AM   #483
paulkramer

Quote:
u got the street mounts

I got the race mounts
Is there any diff other than the polyurethane hardness???
Old 12-19-2006, 09:17 AM   #484
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
Is there any diff other than the polyurethane hardness???
no.

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Injen CAI - RV6 PCD'S and J-Pipe - RV6 Double resonated midpipe - 25.4mm RSB
2002 SSM Type S - gone
RIP 2002 NHBP Type S - 452whp/358tq pump gas
Fade2Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 12:01 PM   #485
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
lube em up then lol
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #486
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
I kinda want race mounts now

But I noticed they also have SOLID mounts now
Anyone have those yet?
I think you should get some solids and let us know how they feel!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:25 PM   #487
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Fade2Black must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by black dc5 View Post
I kinda want race mounts now

But I noticed they also have SOLID mounts now
Anyone have those yet?
Chris and I have the solids, I think we sold a set to someone else, but i dont know if they have a board name.

2016 Honda Accord EX-L V6 - Injen CAI - RV6 PCD'S and J-Pipe - RV6 Double resonated midpipe - 25.4mm RSB
2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 12-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #488
BW787
Master Member

BW787 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
chris i want the front mount but im concerned with fitmet issues. Can you confirm this issue or deny it?
BW787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:38 PM   #489
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx K20A2 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by BW787 View Post
chris i want the front mount but im concerned with fitmet issues. Can you confirm this issue or deny it?
they fit fine in all the cars that I have seen. Reading through this there are only two people having a problem and we have sold at least 30 of them.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:42 PM   #490
paulkramer

Quote:
Quote:
they fit fine in all the cars that I have seen. Reading through this there are only two people having a problem and we have sold at least 30 of them.
I suspect if you drop the subframe and bolt it to the transmission first it will fit OK.

Chris - is that how you have installed them?

Have you used shims or washers?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #491
BW787
Master Member

I dont want an OK fit i want an OEM fit. I dont pay for half assed fitting products. I just want to stop breaking front motor mounts
Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 PM   #492
marroquin57
RIP Guru

marroquin57 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
has anyone tried the new billet aluminum ones?
marroquin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:58 PM   #493
Fade2Black
Retired OG

Quote:
Originally Posted by marroquin57 View Post
has anyone tried the new billet aluminum ones?
no-one has bought them from the store yet.

2002 SSM Type S - gone
Old 12-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #494
paulkramer

Quote:
I dont want an OK fit i want an OEM fit. I dont pay for half assed fitting products. I just want to stop breaking front motor mounts
I don't think you'll break an Innovative........

What other ones have you broken?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:20 PM   #495
BW787
Master Member

^ oem with inserts twice in the past year.
Old 12-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #496
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
I suspect if you drop the subframe and bolt it to the transmission first it will fit OK.

Chris - is that how you have installed them?

Have you used shims or washers?
You don't have to drop the subframe but it will take a lot of work to get them up there. I am not saying it is easy and I probably have an advantage since I have worked on RSX's so much. If someone can provide some pictures, I might be able to provide some tips.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:56 PM   #497
paulkramer

Quote:
^ oem with inserts twice in the past year.
You broke OEM mounts with ESMMs? The mounts or the inserts - or both?
Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #498
paulkramer

Quote:
You don't have to drop the subframe but it will take a lot of work to get them up there. I am not saying it is easy and I probably have an advantage since I have worked on RSX's so much. If someone can provide some pictures, I might be able to provide some tips.
Only pic I have handy is the one I posted a page or so ago of when the mount was nearly completely installed.....

What other pics would you like?
Old 12-20-2006, 05:22 PM   #499
K20A2
Internet Crack Dealer

If that is what you are talking about, you need to move the motor, that is not a problem with the mount.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #500
paulkramer

That's the picture, I am past that point - I got the through bolt in place by jacking directly against the mount. I couldn't move the engine by jacking anywhere else.

But I still have one more bolt to install that secures the mount to the transmission.

The front mount is so difficult because of its location (of course) but also because the Innovative mounts don't have any "slack" like the soft OEMs. So with three IMMs already in place, it's no small matter to move the engine around.

Thanks for looking at it Chris.