Innovative Mounts, install and review - Page 9 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-29-2006, 10:47 PM   #201
giorgakis02
Master Member

giorgakis02 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
anyone have the front mount installed. If so was it hard to install and are there any tips or tricks i gotta know. I wana install the front mount also.
06 nbp-s comptech ss, ingalls ed, metal shift bushings, skunk2 knob, injen cai, strup race header, PowerGetter, Innovative motor mounts, Eibach pro kit, Progress 24mm rear sway, SPC rear camber kit, Kpro coming soon.
giorgakis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2006, 11:59 PM   #202
jp182
trunk monkey

jp182 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i do and it was hard. if you have access to a lift or if you aren't afraid to take the subframe and the engine out, do so!

i didn't and it is a monumental pain to get everything lined up right. took a few hours to get all of the bolts in there lined up and ratched in due to limited space
jp182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:04 AM   #203
teggei2
Master Member

teggei2 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgakis02
anyone have the front mount installed. If so was it hard to install and are there any tips or tricks i gotta know. I wana install the front mount also.
for some reason i couldn't get mine to line up...then i ended up stripping one of the bolts..
teggei2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2006, 12:11 AM   #204
giorgakis02
Master Member

nevermine that then.
06 nbp-s comptech ss, ingalls ed, metal shift bushings, skunk2 knob, injen cai, strup race header, PowerGetter, Innovative motor mounts, Eibach pro kit, Progress 24mm rear sway, SPC rear camber kit, Kpro coming soon.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:22 AM   #205
paulkramer

paulkramer is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp182
i do and it was hard. if you have access to a lift or if you aren't afraid to take the subframe and the engine out, do so!

i didn't and it is a monumental pain to get everything lined up right. took a few hours to get all of the bolts in there lined up and ratched in due to limited space
Shit......was it worth it? I mean, I assume you had the other three in already. Was there a noticeable difference after you installed the front?

I just ordered the set of three.........wondering if I should just install those.
paulkramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #206
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp182

Amazing... Took me about 3 hours for all three and I didn't touch the subframe for the rear one. Only bitch was getting the three-bolt flange lined up. I used a length of wooden 1" X 2" to lever it into place while I threaded the final bolt in. Wish I could've been there to help out you guys who stripped stuff or had to resort to the subframe.
Old 10-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #207
NBP RSX-S
Weightlifting Master

NBP RSX-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
what did you do instead of dropping subframe, its been over a year since I did my inserts so Im trying to remember what exactly i did and I have the set w/ the front mount now ready to be put in when I have the time but which order did you do them in, I assume you just undid that rear mount bolt and jacked the engine up in combination with using something for leverage.
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=592631
NBP RSX-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 01:27 PM   #208
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBP RSX-S
what did you do instead of dropping subframe, its been over a year since I did my inserts so Im trying to remember what exactly i did and I have the set w/ the front mount now ready to be put in when I have the time but which order did you do them in, I assume you just undid that rear mount bolt and jacked the engine up in combination with using something for leverage.
Yes, and I pulled the header and cat, which is quite easy. IMO, the most important thing when doing the rear mount is to make sure that your jack and block of wood are positioned immediately in front of the rear mount when you lift. This puts your balance point in line with that mount, which means that nothing wants to shift to one side. Once I had the main through-bolt out, that rear mount practically fell out into my hands, and I had zero problems aligning it on the way back in.

There are three prerequisites needed for this project that will save you lots of frustrationan: Air tools, a long 17mm impact socket for pointed studs on the left and right mounts, and several blocks of wood and dowels/ lengths of 1X2 available. Best of luck.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:51 AM   #209
jp182
trunk monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer
Shit......was it worth it? I mean, I assume you had the other three in already. Was there a noticeable difference after you installed the front?

I just ordered the set of three.........wondering if I should just install those.
see, i can't say for sure because i did all 4 at once. I DO know that my front one was almostly completely useless (there are 4 rubber points that stretch out in an X pattern in the mount and 3 of the 4 were completely ripped off and the 4th was torn and on its way). Was it worth it? I think so because the main problem I was having was that the engine was rocking back and forth and I wanted more security for when I drag race or auto-x. If you don't EVER beat on your car, then I'm sure you can not do the front.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:52 AM   #210
jp182
trunk monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza
Amazing... Took me about 3 hours for all three and I didn't touch the subframe for the rear one. Only bitch was getting the three-bolt flange lined up. I used a length of wooden 1" X 2" to lever it into place while I threaded the final bolt in. Wish I could've been there to help out you guys who stripped stuff or had to resort to the subframe.
i did neither but i did ended up leaving a bolt out on the front and on the rear. i'll put them in before winter probably but the engine is still really solid in there.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:53 AM   #211
jp182
trunk monkey

Quote:
Yes, and I pulled the header and cat, which is quite easy. IMO, the most important thing when doing the rear mount is to make sure that your jack and block of wood are positioned immediately in front of the rear mount when you lift. This puts your balance point in line with that mount, which means that nothing wants to shift to one side. Once I had the main through-bolt out, that rear mount practically fell out into my hands, and I had zero problems aligning it on the way back in.

There are three prerequisites needed for this project that will save you lots of frustrationan: Air tools, a long 17mm impact socket for pointed studs on the left and right mounts, and several blocks of wood and dowels/ lengths of 1X2 available. Best of luck.
agreed and i wish i knew about that positioning
Old 10-02-2006, 08:53 AM   #212
paulkramer

Quote:
I am about to do this job.

What sizes of "blocks of wood" are you referring to? And by dowels, do you mean something wooden to align the bolt holes?

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #213
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer
I am about to do this job.

What sizes of "blocks of wood" are you referring to? And by dowels, do you mean something wooden to align the bolt holes?

Thanks!
No, fool, just some pieces of wood. I never measured mine, just a bunch of pieces of different sizes laying around. 2X4's, pieces of ply, some solid chunks. Whatever you can find. The dowels are for levers. Use a big screwdriver to line up holes.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 AM   #214
CK1
summer is better

CK1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej511 View Post
MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR RADIO CODE THEN DONT FORGET TO HOLD THE WINDOW ALL THE WAY AUTO UP TO REST THE AUTO FUNCTION.....
umm... sorry, im not really too sure what u mean about holding the window all the way auto up to rest the auto function??
CK1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:36 AM   #215
paulkramer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
umm... sorry, im not really too sure what u mean about holding the window all the way auto up to rest the auto function??
He's referring to resetting the auto window feature after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Those of you that installed the mounts - what did you do with the wire (ground?) that attaches to the p/s OEM mount?
Old 10-17-2006, 11:59 AM   #216
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
theres a ground cable that hooks up to the mount? i never saw that lol oh i know which one u mean, i just took it off.
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 12:19 PM   #217
paulkramer

Quote:
theres a ground cable that hooks up to the mount? i never saw that lol oh i know which one u mean, i just took it off.
Well, that's one solution...
Old 10-17-2006, 01:01 PM   #218
jp182
trunk monkey

I rewired mine to a different location
Old 10-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #219
giorgakis02
Master Member

just pinch it between two bolts. i have ingals td and i drilled a hole and put in there with a screw.
Old 10-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #220
MikeD
Master Member

MikeD is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
yyyyyeeeaaahhhh aiiiggghhhttttt
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:30 PM   #221
CK1
summer is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulkramer View Post
He's referring to resetting the auto window feature after disconnecting and reconnecting the battery.

Those of you that installed the mounts - what did you do with the wire (ground?) that attaches to the p/s OEM mount?
yeah.. thats what im asking.. whats actually involved when resetting the auto window feature???
Old 10-17-2006, 05:37 PM   #222
bluej511
Name's Vic

bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore bluej511 is a hardcore rep whore
you hold the window in the auto position up for 2 sec after its at the top and thats it
Armenian crsx crew member #6
02' RSX-S 179k mi, 14.5 @97. Sold after 12years.
13' Trek Madone 5.2. 2012 Swift Sport

bluej511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 08:44 AM   #223
CK1
summer is better

Quote:
you hold the window in the auto position up for 2 sec after its at the top and thats it
im sorry for noob question, but do u have to do it with both windows?? u mean literally hold the window up or just the button??? sorry
Old 10-18-2006, 09:01 AM   #224
2010 admin

You have to pull the door side panel and press the window up with your hands for two seconds to re-teach the ECU where the up position is. This is why yuou should never disconnect your battery under any circumstances.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #225
2010 admin

Just kidding. Hold the button.