Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Hello from Washington state.

765 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  onlyonelife79 
#1 ·
Just picked up this 2005 Type-s. 137K. Super clean interior. Mechanically sound. purrs like a kitten. I have never owned a "ricer" before. Yes ive owned Japanese cars but at the age of 40 in literally 30 days. I call this my mid life crisis build. lol. Anyways. She is still a virgin besides a hot air intake which will be removed. As you can see in the photos. I purchased her last weekend from a dealership with a pearl wrap body and black wrap hood. A: It's not my style & B: it was done extremely poor once you walk up close. so I spent half a day removing the wrap, cleaning up any adhesives and she thank god is a beaut. Unfortunately due to my experience level removing wraps. I applied to much heat to the front bumper and removed a decent amount of paint. On the positive side. The front bumper was replaced at some point from another Jade green donor car. I am very excited about how she came out. It's a gamble buying a wrapped vehicle. I will have the bumper resprayed. I am definitely going to be dropping some dollars on this car. Oh, I also had the wheels completely reconditioned.

I already have these parts on the way:
HKS Hi Power Exhaust
Skunk2 Alpha header
1320 test pipe
Injen CIA "behind bumper" intake

I plan to do cams, Injectors and some other supporting mods as well as a tune by "English Racing" as I live down the street from them. Anyways. I wont blow this thread up with mod questions, but I am a greenhorn with these cars. Ive done some Diesel trucks and sand drag bikes, so I'm not completely illiterate.

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys I’m really excited to get going on this. I seen that K-pro is about $900 ? I’m used to diesels and sand drag bikes and tuners are about $400. I totally get that this is completely different. I’m just amazed at the price of a tuner. Can I have my current ECU tuned ? Or what’s the more cost effective way without sacrificing quality tuning. Again. I appreciate it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.