Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

new to me 2004 type s

Tags
2004 type
425 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jaymesbry 
#1 ·
hey guys

I Just picked up a bone stock type s with 115k, its a clean title car but is in need of some basic maintenance. the first thing i noticed is that the clutch is horrible, engagement is a little high and the pedal is spongy. I just plan on basic boltons so maybe a stock or stage 1 clutch might do. I did scan the car and got the dreaded p1456 code. So i popped the gas tank door to check the gas cap and noticed it didn't click right away when tightening, upon loosening the gas cap it hissed at me. I'm thinking the code is due to a loose gas cap. im picking up a new one from the dealer just to rule that out.

The last issue is it how laggy this car is, its almost like its struggling to accelerate through the rpms, it free revs but man this thing is a turd. any idea on what i should tear into first, well obviously an oil change but do these cars suffer from clogged intakes. thanks in advance, i'm off to search for potential answers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.