Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New Blue ‘04 WHIP

Tags
blue whip
914 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Easye13 
#1 ·
Just picked up a ‘04 Blue Type S with only 71k miles ! I’ve already put a cheap mans kenwood headunit in and this weekend I’ll be swapping the engine and tranny oil. Also going to take a look at the exhaust to find a minor rattle that I’m hoping is the heat shield near the CAT.

I’m thinking my first few performance mods will be CAI and ECU reflash but I’m always looking for other ideas. What I would really like is just a little more toque lower in the RPM band.

#7 ·
Got some functional and got some aesthetic work done in this heat wave. Some went well and some went sideways on me. Oil change with new magnetic plug and fastening my heat shield went well. Though getting it on stands was a pain in the ass because the rear is just too high to use my hydraulic lift. So I had use 2x4’s under the tires as I jacked up each side(usually not that big of a deal but in a closed garage it got brutally hot fast!).

I then tried to change the tranny oil but couldn’t get the filler bolt off for the life of me. I tried numerous angles and even added a pipe to try to get more leverage but no go. I’m going to take it to the local garage to have them give it a go.

The was the most annoying part of the weekend was taking off my rear spoiler... the removal, easy. The stupid ideas to fill the 4 holes = two wasted hours and 15 bucks... I ended trying what I read on the forum and get plastic trim pieces to plug the holes. Though no one anywhere had the 8mm I needed. So I bought 3/8 and then my wife threw out the idea of drilling new holes in the trunk versus cutting the plastic down... I listened... and drilled the new holes which allowed me to find and fix some rust but made the holes very uneven which caused the plastic plugs to get stuck. I ended up needing to drill 1/2 holes and then used adhesive weather stripping to keep moisture out and keep the plugs down... well once that adhesive hit the hot car it ran all over the place. I tried to clean it up but it half dried and caused black spider webs of adhesive everywhere... I ended up using goof-off all over my trunk to get this crap off, which peeled some paint off and then I had to touch that up. Ultimately I should have just gotten the smaller plugs and used transparent silicon adhesive to keep the plugs down and make the hole fairly waterproof. Which is what I ended up doing just with larger plugs and holes.

Headlight assembly, short shifter, ECU, CAI is next on the TODO list.

Attachments

#8 ·
Got some fun functional work done this weekend:

Boomerang Center Console Arm rest
Blox Short Shifter
K-Tuned Shifter Pivot Ball and Spring
Acuity Shifter base Bushings
Grease shifter with Mobile 1 Syn Grease

The shifter is much cleaner and much shorter. I’m not sure I’d want it to be any shorter for a DD. Though it does take a good amount more effort to get it in Reverse but completely worth the upgrade and all under 100$ and about 2 hours of labor.

The center console arm rest took over 3 months to ship to me (annoying as F) but it was very easy to put in and pretty comfortable. Though pulling the E-Brake will take some time to get used to as it’s really close and if you’re not careful you pinch you fingers.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.