Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Did i make an oopsie?

Tags
make oopsie
4K views 48 replies 15 participants last post by  Tegi88 
#1 ·
Hey guys! :)

thought I would take the time to introduce myself here and get some feed back even tho I'm sure I already know most of it will be negative I'm hoping I get some good positive advice as well so here goes.

I've had my 2000 Prelude for about 2 years now and its my second prelude because I love these cars its been so much fun to drive and I love the color and the body kit and the stereo and the loud exhaust, got lucky enough to have all these mods done by the previous owner before I bought the car. unfortunately the prelude was rear ended the other day and with having 2 small children I just decided now's the time to get something else.

I'm fairly picky when it comes to shopping for a new car I like my car to be unique and stand out I like to drive one of those cars u just don't see around very often but also a car with a lot of power and one that's mod-able and fun to drive. With these factors in mind i landed on the RSX, however I don't like to drive stick...I know how to I just don't like to, its too much work and hassle and I just prefer auto so that means no Type-S which means so BOM :(

So after doing a little digging about the RSX I decided I wanted a 05-06 Base Auto RSX preferably in blue. After joining RSX Facebook groups looking for one I got tons of hate for wanting to go from the Auto 200hp H22 Lude to a BASE AUTO 165hp RSX, I got a lot of "just keep the lude man" and "dude get a Type-S" but I did the research I know what I want and I wont be persuaded so even tho I began to doubt myself I kept looking for what I had my mind set on because I-VTEC! and K-series! and 5 years newer!

So since i had heard these cars were very easy to modified I kept digging thru the fb marketplace and did tons of googling with the plans of modding a base auto RSX up to the 200hp prelude numbers im used to and I finally found me a good one in black only about 3 hours away in OKC so made the trip and brought her home.

but now again I find myself questioning my decision, as I'm looking for what mods to buy and install on this 100% completely stock base auto RSX all I see is hate on the K20a3 :( every once in a while I see a couple people here and there giving praise to the base auto and explaining what to buy and how to mod it to get the most power out of it but some of the info seems conflicting.

so in closing yes I'm here posting to introduce myself to the boards here but also to ask for your input and advice on how to mod the base auto to at least 200hp without swapping the whole engine.

so far I love my RSX but tbh the prelude is so much more fun to drive, first reactions: the RSX is too high and too quite for starters.
so heres what I've gathered so far tell me if I'm on the right track...

Cool air intake, possibly thru the headlight?
RBC Intake
2.5 inch cat-back exhaust
ktuner or kpro ECU re-flash
K20a2 or custom cam shaft
Skunk 2 alpha header
K20a2 exhaust rockers to run 3 rocker setup on the intake side
and LAM pins to engage the rockers

or should i just do a K24 head?...K20a2 head?...Z1?

Thanks in advance guys :)

See less See more
#46 · (Edited)
Hey guys! :)

thought I would take the time to introduce myself here and get some feed back even tho I'm sure I already know most Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin of it will be negative I'm hoping I get some good positive advice as well so here goes.

I've had my 2000 Prelude for about 2 years now and its my second prelude because I love these cars its been so much fun to drive and I love the color and the body kit and the stereo and the loud exhaust, got lucky enough to have all these mods done by the previous owner before I bought the car. unfortunately the prelude was rear ended the other day and with having 2 small children I just decided now's the time to get something else.

I'm fairly picky when it comes to shopping for a new car I like my car to be unique and stand out I like to drive one of those cars u just don't see around very often but also a car with a lot of power and one that's mod-able and fun to drive. With these factors in mind i landed on the RSX, however I don't like to drive stick...I know how to I just don't like to, its too much work and hassle and I just prefer auto so that means no Type-S which means so BOM :(

So after doing a little digging about the RSX I decided I wanted a 05-06 Base Auto RSX preferably in blue. After joining RSX Facebook groups looking for one I got tons of hate for wanting to go from the Auto 200hp H22 Lude to a BASE AUTO 165hp RSX, I got a lot of "just keep the lude man" and "dude get a Type-S" but I did the research I know what I want and I wont be persuaded so even tho I began to doubt myself I kept looking for what I had my mind set on because I-VTEC! and K-series! and 5 years newer!

So since i had heard these cars were very easy to modified I kept digging thru the fb marketplace and did tons of googling with the plans of modding a base auto RSX up to the 200hp prelude numbers im used to and I finally found me a good one in black only about 3 hours away in OKC so made the trip and brought her home.

but now again I find myself questioning my decision, as I'm looking for what mods to buy and install on this 100% completely stock base auto RSX all I see is hate on the K20a3 :( every once in a while I see a couple people here and there giving praise to the base auto and explaining what to buy and how to mod it to get the most power out of it but some of the info seems conflicting.

so in closing yes I'm here posting to introduce myself to the boards here but also to ask for your input and advice on how to mod the base auto to at least 200hp without swapping the whole engine.

so far I love my RSX but tbh the prelude is so much more fun to drive, first reactions: the RSX is too high and too quite for starters.
so heres what I've gathered so far tell me if I'm on the right track...

Cool air intake, possibly thru the headlight?
RBC Intake
2.5 inch cat-back exhaust
ktuner or kpro ECU re-flash
K20a2 or custom cam shaft
Skunk 2 alpha header
K20a2 exhaust rockers to run 3 rocker setup on the intake side
and LAM pins to engage the rockers

or should i just do a K24 head?...K20a2 head?...Z1?

Thanks in advance guys :)

it bottlenecks at the cat anyways. If you're not going to get a race header, look around for a Type R header.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.