Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New to the RSX gang

Tags
gang rsx
1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BLACKED-OUTT 
#1 ·
So finally got my self an RSX Type -S.
Its an 03' with 270,000 km .. runs perfect. So far changed the tranny fluid to Amzoil synchro mesh, fixed the 2nd gear grind at high revs and fixed 3rd gear pop out and 4th grind. Changed oil to penzoil ultra platinum, knock off k tuned race spec shifter. K&n short ram intake for the vtec pop, Also plasti dipped rims and badges because of poor condition rims until i save up for some te37's. Car has zero rust and interior is clean with no rips. Just missing the back seat for some reason lol. Before and afters so far.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Wow, that is super clean especially for being a black paint job! Do you know if it's the Nighthawk Black Pearl? And, great job on the plastidip for the rims, looks like it covers all the damage and flaws of the rims from the pics you took.

Now I must ask, did this tranny fluid change fix the grinding and pop outs or did you drop the tranny and replace the synchros and such? I feel like this is a stupid question but I am interested as I am having the same problem you experienced but to a somewhat lesser degree and only with 3rd gear.

#4 ·
Thanks man! Appreciate it. So i'm not entirely sure what paint is on it, the guy i got it front had it painted recently , it does have like a mettalic blue flake to it the sun tho.
So about the tranny tho, all i did was change the fluid and it fixed my issues. When i changed the fluid the old fluid smelled very burnt. 2 bottles of

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.