Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Should I buy an RSX?

Tags
buy rsx
634 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jaymesbry 
#1 ·
Hi so I've been looking around for a new daily thats cheaper to maintain and more realible than my current car which is an 05 Rx8. I looked a few cars but the Rsx caught my interest out of all other cars. I wanted to get a manual but I'd settle with an auto as it'd honestly just be used as a daily and nothing else. I told my dad I wanted to get one but he said to r
Stay away from Acura parts are expensive, even more so than the Rx8's. I don't know how true that is but it got me a lil worried if I should really buy one. I found an Rsx auto at 120,000 miles which was only driven by a senior citizen and peaks my interest. But my question is if what my dad said really true and how realible are these cars? Are they really that expensive to maintain? Im currently a college student as well so Im really trying to not spend much money but I just love the liftback of the Rsx.

Thanks

#2 ·
No offense to your dad, but I think he's clueless on this one. Some of the newer, higher end Acuras may be expensive to service, but the RSX is basically just a classier 2 door Civic. I haven't found parts to be any more expensive than regular Honda parts. Hell, I still take mine to the Acura dealership for oil changes because I like having the dealership maintenance records and the costs seem very reasonable to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.