Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New to the page!

Tags
page
500 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  danielbot1271 
#1 ·
Hey there everybody I’m danielbot1271 and I’m from corn country smack center in the US. I’ve been into RSXes for some time and have looked at this forum a lot when trying to find solutions or ideas, anything really pertaining to our beloved car model.

I drive a 2002 Type-S in Premium White Pearl. I got it in March of this year. All stock except for the brake rotors and pads which are the Powerstop Z26 Extreme Street Warrior Kit. Planning to do quite a bit to it, simply have not had the money to make it how I want as of recent.

Plans are namely converting the front end to have the facelift 05-06 headlights so I can install a facelift wide body kit. Along with the body kit, in the near future I’m planning some of the basics such as air intake, top end rebuild and cleanup, exhaust, and wheels with proper dimensions to achieve a semi-flush look with the body kit while allowing a little suspension travel without rubbing. I’m not going to specify the exact body kit because it’s pretty stinkin’ rare and I found one for sale that I don’t want someone else on here buying haha! Power goals for the final build are to have 300-350HP with a small turbo kit and moderately built internals and an ECU tune. Just a very, very pretty street car that can compete with the likes of a brand new stock Mustang GT on highways.

To wrap up my introductory post, what I’m looking to get from the page is what I’ve always gotten from the page: advice from fellow owners that I can’t find anywhere else! I’ll have questions in coming months about fabrication, bodywork, etc. because that’s where I have the least knowledge in building. Hoping to communicate with some great members to turn this stock pile of shit into something of magic.

Cheers boys, nice to meet y’all!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Also this is my second RSX Type-S, my first one was colored a beautiful Arctic Blue Pearl with black leather interior (my current has tan interior). It was totaled by some brilliant teenage girl flying down my neighborhood's hill in the winter, skidded on an ice patch, and ran straight into the rear end of the RSX doing around 30MPH. Somehow, the trunk was still able to close and it was able to drive like normal, no alignment issues surprisingly. But, after a month of driving it like that, my engine grenaded because I hadn't changed the oil nor done any maintenance to it in a year (I was younger and stupider back then and I only knew I liked cars; now I actually do maintenance and repairs). Thank goodness the insurance check from the accident came in the day after so I could go buy another car hah!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.