Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New To Club RSX

Tags
club rsx
1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  140110 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Mariposa. I recently purchased an '04 RSX base from it's original owner (even gave me the original window sticker!). I've been driving American vehicles since 1979 (yes, I'm that old) with the exception of an '83 Toyota Celica Supra (which was very nice). It's a culture shock to say the least, and although I like the car so far, it's not an Acura by any stretch of the imagination. Honda should have sold it here in the U.S. as it's original Civic. My brother calls it Acura's version of the Cadillac Cimarron (google it if you've never heard of it). I feel 16 again, like I'm driving my Chevy Vega (Google it if you've never heard of it either): noisy, cramped, poor build quality, and horrifically underpowered. But it's fun and adventuresome and that's the name of the game when you pass the double nickel and start having a (slightly past) mid-life crisis. The car has never been modified. All stock and I'm intending on keeping it that way. Besides, it's not the legendary "S" so it's rather worthless to the tuner crowd (or whatever they are called in 2019). Anyway, from time to time I'll post a question and look forward to the experience from owners like you answering my questions. I have one now, so I'll head on over to the Forum page and start a new thread. Thanks for having me! p.s. unlike my Vega, I won't stick my hand up my girlfriends skirt while she's driving, thus causing her to run over a stop sign and sideswiping a house. I'm married now and as you married guys know, hanky panky of that nature stops after you say "I Do". :run:

See less See more
#2 ·
It's not an Acura by any stretch of the imagination? If you mean it's not comfortable and luxurious, it was never meant to be. Acura wasn't even a real luxury brand until recently. Build quality is typical of any other Honda, and it's "underpowered" because it's a 4 banger meant for fuel economy. What did you expect? Honda already has a Civic in the US and it would have been pointless to market it as such. The RSX is the replacement for the Integra, not the Civic. I don't know where your brother gets his info, but it sounds like he has his head stuck in his ass. The Cimarron was a complete flop in every aspect. Not even loyal Cadillac customers wanted it. The RSX was and still is highly sought after. It was discontinued because Honda was already pushing a sport compact even though demand for sport compacts was shrinking, and they wanted to market Acura as a true luxury brand.

What was the point in buying the car and posting on here? You literally just talked shit about all of our cars.

:gtfo:

#3 ·
No disrespect was intended in my post and I apologize if I offended anyone with my comments. Merely my observations based on my years of driving experience behind the wheels of many, many cars. Do I like the car? Yes I do. It handles great and runs great and shifts smoothly and at 195k, it's humming right along like a car half it's mileage age. The seats and ergonomics are perfect for me. Easy on the gas as well as easy to come by parts. Fits almost anywhere due to it's compact size. Great for city life. Yes, a point you made was that it is a 4 banger. I have to take that into account. Point well taken. Yes, the Cimarron comparrison my brother made was odd. I told him this car is far superior to that. I looked up the crash test results and was impressed with its 5 star ratings. Yes, I am surprised that the car is as stripped as it is for a "luxury" branded car, but in hindsight, Acura wasn't going after the luxury car buyer at the time. I think they were putting out different types of cars to see what market would respond the best so they would know what direction to take the division. And a final word. Reason I think Civic is a friend of mine as lived in Japan since 2005. He had a Honda Integra DC5. The R type I think it was called. He highly recommended the RSX as it's the U.S. version. So thats the rest of the story. Once again, no disrespect intended RSX community.

#5 ·
"Acura wasn't even a real luxury brand until recently."

Most respectfully... WTF are you talking about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura

"Acura holds the distinction of being the first Japanese automotive luxury brand. The creation of Acura coincided with the introduction of a JDM Honda dealership sales channel, called Honda Clio, which sold luxury vehicles, joining previously established Honda Verno, followed by Honda Primo the following year. In its first few years of existence, Acura was among the best-selling luxury marques in the US."

Oh Yea... That

#6 ·
Putting leather in a Honda and replacing the "H" with an "A" doesn't make it a luxury car. They have always had rattling and vibrations for years. Referencing a wiki page doesn't mean much. I can edit that page by simply logging in and typing whatever I want. The newer cars, are much more refined. That's wtf I'm talking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.