Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

all<dc5's PWP Show-Off Thread

7K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  all<dc5 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey y'all. Finally making a show off thread. After totaling my first RSX-S back in 2013, I bought this one bone stock in 2014 with 66k miles on it.

It's come a long way in almost 3 years

Mod List:

Engine:
Stock K20A2
K&N SRI
Buddy Club RH
3" custom exhaust with Magnaflow resonator and muffler
RBC intake manifold
Hondata IMG
Hasport steel 62A motor mounts

Clutch/Transmission:
Stage 2 Competition Clutch with OEM flywheel
Honda 4.7 Final
TSX 6th

Suspension/Wheels/Brakes:
Progress coilovers
Energy Suspension front LCA and rear knuckle bushings
Silver Enkei RPF1 in 17x8" +35 mm wrapped in 225/45 BFGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 215/45 Continental ExtremeContact Sport
StopTech slotted rotors
Hawk HPS brake pads
Goodridge stainless steel brake lines

ECU/Electronics:
K-pro V4
Kenwood KDC-BT365U receiver
Alpine SPS-610 coaxial speakers
Kicker TCompS 10" subwoofer
Alpine MRV-M500 amplifier

Hate on the <9" wide RPF1s all you want, I like how they look on the 02-04 body style.

The bay could use a little clean up but it's not too bad

The system

Even though I got the car with low miles the interior was already a bit worn. Maybe in the future I'll replace the steering wheel and reupholster/replace the front seats.

Baseline dyno done back in the day when it was bone stock:

Dyno done after I/RH/E and Kpro but before it had the RBC: (Same dyno as baseline, tuned by yours truly. And yes I have lowered the VTEC point since then, to 4,400 RPM where it should be.)

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks. Forgot to mention I have 5 mm spacers in the front as well. I actually had the car repainted in September so that's why it looks good. Honestly though I'm really picky and kind of unhappy with the paint job, I need to talk to the guy about it. I paid $1800 and already the hood has chipped spots and I've been noticing over time the whole car has dirt specks under the paint and bondo spider web marks where there were dents and it wasn't sanded properly.

#5 ·
Thank you. The mounts are still in damn good shape from what I can tell. From all the bad stuff I've read about the Innovative mounts it seems like Hasport uses better quality polyurethane or something.

#10 ·
Video my friend got when I tuned it on the dyno a while back. I need to get back on the dyno for another hour to retune it for the RBC, I'll post a sheet of that when it happens.

View My Video

#19 ·
Did a brake job recently. Put some StopTech slotted rotors and Hawks HPS pads on it . I'll post some pics after I clean it

#21 ·
Thank you. The A Spec kit looks sick thoughh! I really want an A spec front lip and type R wing but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#27 ·
The 225s stuck out a bit over the edge of the rim. And rubbed a tiny bit on the inside of the wheel well when turned all the way. I think the 215s fit a bit more flushed

#35 · (Edited)
Also, here's a shot of some dyno results from the beginning of 2016. This was before the addition of the RBC and Hondata IMG (same exact motor setup as 2014 dyno results, but different dyno used). Done on a Dyno Dynamics steady state dyno. Peak numbers were around 204-205 whp and 147-148 ft-lb with IATs of 95-105 F

#38 · (Edited)
Your thread title reads like the other group color threads, so I think that's why he posted his own in here. Looking at white cars is actually why I clicked when I saw this on the site's front page; I saw the thread title and immediately started wondering if looking at a bunch of different peoples' cars in white would sway me towards that color for my own.

#39 ·
Your thread title reads like the other group color threads, so I think that's why he posted his own in here. Looking at white cars is actually why I clicked when I saw this on the site's front page; I saw the thread title and immediately started wondering if looking at a bunch of different peoples' cars in white would sway me towards that color for my own.
Mine alone should do that ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.