MkElite's First & Fastest Automatic Turbo RSX - Can we do 400WHP? ~VIDEO! - Page 3 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 AM   #51
aleggsue
RSX daily-er

aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx aleggsue is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Update on paddleshifters? And that thing sounds mean man lol.
aleggsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2015, 09:38 PM   #52
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
anyone want to buy my base auto kpro setup? lol

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 04:29 AM   #53
mmkhan25

mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleggsue View Post
Update on paddleshifters? And that thing sounds mean man lol.
Never got to do the paddle shifters. I was trying to losen that big fat nut on the steering wheel but it just wont open. Even with a big torque wrench. Kinda scary it felt like it would just snap off but not open.

Is there like some special trick to remove it?

2002 NHBP RSX Automatic 300whp 9psi
2008 BMW 335i
mmkhan25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #54
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
hold the wheel and get someone else to turn it

ATLANTA DALLAS
Old 07-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #55
mmkhan25

mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mmkhan25 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
hold the wheel and get someone else to turn it
I did lol but it still did not come lose. Ill try again soon haha

2008 BMW 335i
Old 07-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #56
DC5_Trendy
Officially Amused ;P

DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
anyone want to buy my base auto kpro setup? lol
how much
DC5_Trendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:03 AM   #57
cauQazn
got retrofit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay_realist17 View Post
how much
pm'd u

ATLANTA DALLAS
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM   #58
Enishi26
VTEC Connoisseur

Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Enishi26 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
When I was installing my exhaust last weekend the screws connecting it to the Catalytic converter were rusted pretty tight. My Dad and I couldnt get it with a torque wrench, breaker bar etc. Well my Dad got his blow torch and super-heated the screws for a little bit. After that a torque wrench took them of pretty easily. Just an idea for you
Enishi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 04:25 PM   #59
mmkhan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi26 View Post
When I was installing my exhaust last weekend the screws connecting it to the Catalytic converter were rusted pretty tight. My Dad and I couldnt get it with a torque wrench, breaker bar etc. Well my Dad got his blow torch and super-heated the screws for a little bit. After that a torque wrench took them of pretty easily. Just an idea for you
Probably not a good idea for steering wheel though haha the wires and stuff will melt.

2008 BMW 335i
Old 07-21-2015, 07:35 PM   #60
cauQazn
got retrofit?

Yeah lol ^. It's on there pretty tight, use some muscle lol. Breaker bar and a friend if you can't do it yourself.

ATLANTA DALLAS
Old 12-14-2015, 12:02 AM   #61
mmkhan25

So it has been about 1 year and 8 months or so since it was turboed. With a little higher boost for some reason (creeping?) 9.5psi its been a bit faster, about 300whp.

Turbo kit 6-8k miles = 100%!
Motor 159k = still 100%
Trans? = welll....so. I snapped the passenger side axle recently, doing a first gear pull. I had this "Remote Mechanic" from craigslist repair this for me to avoid towing. So he hammered the crap out of the axle where it meets the trans to get it out. I was scared but it went well...at least that is what I thought.

A few weeks later, I started hearing gushing water kinda noise and it got worse over time. The car would be in gear but wont move so much as the rpm's rose. Finally decided to go under and all I see is trans fluid

I am guessing it is most likely the damn seal at the axle part. Any tricks exist for a quick fix? (Probably not right?)

I had my donkey power 1000cc injectors, boost controller, map sensor ready and this happened :/

2008 BMW 335i
Old 12-14-2015, 02:41 AM   #62
RajSX_TypeS

RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx RajSX_TypeS is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
this awsome build like how your being different doing new stuff keep us posted maybe some videos of part installs
RajSX_TypeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:18 PM   #63
mmkhan25

So the car has been running great. I have been trying to figure out a way to get KTuner to work for 02-04 auto RSX but no one has made a harness for that yet.

Anyways, I have redlined it daily for the past 2 years or so. 7-10k miles since turbo. Motor has no 159k miles or something. Still strong.

So I want to push it to the limits, this year I want close to 400whp on the stock a3 motor. I do not know if the trans or the motor will go lol. Guess I will have to do this to find out. If it breaks, ill probably do a manual swap or something.

2008 BMW 335i
Old 05-08-2016, 08:58 PM   #64
Speedturtle36

Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Speedturtle36 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is pretty awesome keep it up man!
Speedturtle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #65
shalzn

shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx shalzn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
hey mmkhan25,

i didnt realise your thread was active again. i have watched the youtube video of your car countless times. i too have a base auto, and will be looking into turbocharging toward the end of the year, especially now that i see your car is still running and the tranny is holding up.

there is a concept i have been trying to put together on paper before i attempt the build and was wondering if you have had any experience with it, or an alternate solution. its concerning the shift lag. have you managed to resolve the slipping between gears when shifting?

because i dont really have access to the fancier ems's here in south africa, or the kpro harness that you have, i am going to kpro my auto ecu, which is now available for these ecu's which converts them to a manual ecu, and then run an aftermarket gearbox contoller to do the shifting. the one i am after has configurable GPO's that you can use either as a shift light, soft shift initiator or to lock up the torque converter. i was thinking of using the soft shift output to momentarily retard the engine timing as done in the VW DSG TMS. this creates a low torque output from the motor at full throttle, allowing the tranny a few milliseconds to do what it needs to between shifts without fighting the motor. its also whats responsible for the signature tone of those DSG vehicles between hard shifts
shalzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 01:50 PM   #66
mmkhan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalzn View Post
hey mmkhan25,

i didnt realise your thread was active again. i have watched the youtube video of your car countless times. i too have a base auto, and will be looking into turbocharging toward the end of the year, especially now that i see your car is still running and the tranny is holding up.

there is a concept i have been trying to put together on paper before i attempt the build and was wondering if you have had any experience with it, or an alternate solution. its concerning the shift lag. have you managed to resolve the slipping between gears when shifting?

because i dont really have access to the fancier ems's here in south africa, or the kpro harness that you have, i am going to kpro my auto ecu, which is now available for these ecu's which converts them to a manual ecu, and then run an aftermarket gearbox contoller to do the shifting. the one i am after has configurable GPO's that you can use either as a shift light, soft shift initiator or to lock up the torque converter. i was thinking of using the soft shift output to momentarily retard the engine timing as done in the VW DSG TMS. this creates a low torque output from the motor at full throttle, allowing the tranny a few milliseconds to do what it needs to between shifts without fighting the motor. its also whats responsible for the signature tone of those DSG vehicles between hard shifts
Damn I have been away from crsx for a while.
Have you then actually gotten anything done for your trans? did you get the manual shift control solution working? that would be so cool if I can do it too.
I never fixed the lag issue but! I got better at shifting by adjust my own timing I guess.

2008 BMW 335i
Old 01-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #67
mmkhan25

Update though...the car runs great still! No issues, trans is great too. Def looking for 400whp this year!

Below is a video on my instagram from last week
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOsitnpA...ken-by=mkelite

2008 BMW 335i
Old 01-07-2017, 04:36 PM   #68
datboijin

datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx datboijin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Amazing, Hondas and their reliability
Old 01-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #69
AIRITE
Fast and Furious

AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AIRITE is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
still in on paddles and loving the base auto

base auto here. love it. want to SC mine. keep updating pics too

2006 Acura RSX Base Auto KPRO 170,000+mi
from Ohio to Vegas to California to Michigan

Last edited by AIRITE; 01-13-2017 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: pics
AIRITE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 12:03 AM   #70
tomm8682
Tomm8682

tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx tomm8682 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
wow...I cant wrap my head around it is she still here with us? a little late I know...but damn Id love to hear this car is still running a true inspiration for base auto owners.
tomm8682 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:06 PM   #71
Thatoneguy89

Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
That’s funny that I ran into this post because I saw the video about a week ago on YouTube and when I saw the headline on this post, I was like, no it’s not the first one, I saw another one on you tube lol. that’s awesome though it looks really good, thanks for the inspiration for all the base auto guys.
Thatoneguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:09 PM   #72
Thatoneguy89

Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Thatoneguy89 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I’m not sure if I read over it or it doesn’t say, is that boosted a3 all stock internals?
Thatoneguy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:26 AM   #73
CyborgGT
Master Member

CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx CyborgGT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatoneguy89 View Post
Iím not sure if I read over it or it doesnít say, is that boosted a3 all stock internals?
I read "bone stock" in here and have not seen any changes since. It's got me wanting to boost!