Alexís 05 VBP - Page 5 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Member Show-Off RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-05-2018, 10:24 PM   #101
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Speaker is definitely cooked it wonít even move gonna have to watch some videos and do surgery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SanDiegoLoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #102
troye
Been Around for a while

troye is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
pull it out and replace is an option
troye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 07:50 PM   #103
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SanDiegoLoCo is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Skunk 2 shift knob in. Stoked

Old 04-06-2018, 10:01 PM   #104
marko16

marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx marko16 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
I love VBP!! Too bad my door has a couple of dings and a few other minors
Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 PM   #105
troye
Been Around for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoLoCo View Post
Skunk 2 shift knob in. Stoked

Only thing about skunk or other all metal is the heat. I have s2K and at least it has a small amount of leather, but still gets warm.

but they look and feel great!
Old 04-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #106
bben

bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice Skunk knob, I have the same one. The weight is so much better than stock!
bben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #107
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

I live in California mayn it never gets hotter than like 80* Haha. The weighted knob feels great. I ordered some cheap ass suede shift boot probably from China. $10.00. I plan on re-doing the boot myself soon. I was bored and ordered some junk. My car is not perfect either it has almost more tiny scratches and imperfections than I can stand. But when itís clean and from 4+ ft away itís hard to even notice. Tomorrow Iíll be finding the tool to use the tap to clean the threads on my IAA thermos valve. I contacted Ktuned and they sent me a free kit for what happend. They were super nice, customer/tech support is awesome. Iíll be installing the steel oil pan and flush coolant, and also adjust sway bar and figure out why my exhaust is banging on something at start up. Yes I read all the Q300 threads about it.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:18 PM   #108
troye
Been Around for a while

Sounds like a plan. I roll in Temecula so def hotter than 80. Good to know about Ktuned. I saw on the forum where someone was looking for an oil pan.

My car on the outside looks Terrible. And this is partially on purpose as a detractor or a better way of saying it might be "less of an attraction"
Old 04-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #109
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

cheap $10.00 boot off eBay. They claimed it was suede. Surprise half of it was leather. Made it impossible to fit.
the locking nut didnít allow enough threads for the knob to spin down enough. The boots metal ring was really deep. Itís robbery they can even claim figment for an RSX. I measured the threads on the boot vs OEM. Not even a match. The new boot was shorter in heights and rounder in diameter. I had to cut the boot myself and try to rig it in. Horrible hour of time spent. But I conquered it. It looks nasty. But for now it will do. Hopefully Iíll get a locking nut thatís shorter so I can fit the knob on and not have the boot sag down even more. Anyways , just temporary. Will eventually buy a boot that fits

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 04-14-2018 at 06:27 PM..
Old 04-13-2018, 02:59 PM   #110
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Alexís 05 VBP

Oh and the stitching on one side of the boot was not even red it was folded over and left stitchless. Very sad and disappointed with this. Get what you pay for

Last edited by SanDiegoLoCo; 04-14-2018 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 PM   #111
troye
Been Around for a while

yeah get what you pay for...for sure. So don't be too disappointed, it looks good from a distance
Old 04-17-2018, 05:06 AM   #112
subxero123

subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx subxero123 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How did u delete the rear wiper
And how do u change the shift boot, help a brother out lol
subxero123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #113
bben

bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bben is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Are you going to reupholster your steering wheel? I this place where I might do mine: https://www.redlinegoods.com/RSX0205shiftboot.php
Old 04-17-2018, 07:52 PM   #114
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by subxero123 View Post
How did u delete the rear wiper

And how do u change the shift boot, help a brother out lol

Thereís a diy on the site I believe. You take rear hatch plastics off and remove your wiper motor assembly and then unscrew the wiper. I bought the password Jdm kit I recommend it. Also about the shift boot ... you literally open your cup holder and pull up on the panel, twist your shift knob off first and the boot and the plastic around it comes out. Then you literally pull your shift boot out of the staples and it comes out. Videos on you tube and diy on site.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #115
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bben View Post
Are you going to reupholster your steering wheel? I this place where I might do mine: https://www.redlinegoods.com/RSX0205shiftboot.php

I saw this the other day and almost ordered one. Just not sure How it really is going to come out

Old 04-18-2018, 12:58 PM   #116
bben

Same! My steering wheel is in better condition than yours, just fading a bit so I may try some black leather dye to restore it before I attempt to purchase a new cover and do the install.
Old 04-18-2018, 04:33 PM   #117
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bben View Post
Same! My steering wheel is in better condition than yours, just fading a bit so I may try some black leather dye to restore it before I attempt to purchase a new cover and do the install.

I wonder if you can order the leather replacement material from the dealer I might call and ask

Old 04-18-2018, 11:57 PM   #118
troye
Been Around for a while

Redline goods is where I got and some others on this forum have purchased the shift boot.
Good quality
Old 04-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #119
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by troye View Post
Redline goods is where I got and some others on this forum have purchased the shift boot.
Good quality

Nice. Hopefully the steering wheel reupholster kits are good quality as well. If I ever decide to go that route

Old 05-15-2018, 02:40 PM   #120
Dat5er

Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dat5er is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Nice
Dat5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #121
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat5er View Post
Nice
Thank you! i still have not got around to chasing the threads for the idle air bypass.

I still need to find a tool for the tap that i bought, going to tackle it on friday i have been super busy.

Also I will be sending the car in to get paint before end of JUNE. Really stoked on that. Been saving for a set of coils... so im not trying to spend a lot of money anywhere else on the car... but the hood is kind of bothering me cuz it has a burn spot developing... im not the biggest fan of carbon fiber or painting the hood like NHBP. Not sure what to do.. i dont want to have a bunch of fresh VBP paint VS original paint. Im guessing its going to look better just keeping it as is?
Old 05-18-2018, 07:08 PM   #122
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Ok so here is my old plug ( you would all be proud) I lightly hammered it in and Honda bonded the entire thing. Just to seal the hole so it could be moved from A to B.

here is the new one after tapping the hole. It was stressful and I put it off for a while.

Thank you dusty boner !

Old 05-18-2018, 07:36 PM   #123
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

last wash before I send it off to paint

Old 05-21-2018, 12:16 PM   #124
troye
Been Around for a while

What did you decide to paint and where are you sending?
Old 05-21-2018, 05:01 PM   #125
SanDiegoLoCo
I can get that for you

Think Iím gonna get entire top side painted front to back. Spoiler , trunk lid top side, roof and hood, if I can afford it , I might just get the whole damn thing repainted. I know that it just gonna bug the fuck out of me looking at it all fresh, then seeing the OEM paint with its light scratches and shit. ...