Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Best cassette aux adapter for the Stock Bose system.

7K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  johnsnowkornar 
#1 ·
Hello, CRSX
I've owned my 03' type-s for about 6 months now and am looking into how to get the best audio quality out of my stock system. So far i've tried cassette adapters from belkin, monstercable, and ebay. However, for some reason, the belkin and monster adapters both have issues. The monster one has the best audio quality but is extremely soft volume wise, and the belkin has incredibly high treble. Any input?

#3 ·
Best bet if you want decent sound it to do the mod stickied at the top of the forum. tape adaptors inherently will have high and low frequency drop off as tape heads themselves have loss there due to the magnetic from of operation they use.

#6 ·
I already have an aftermarket sub and amp wired to the stock headunit. It was MUCH harder than a simple headunit swap and I still have to oem look which deters thieves. I'm just asking for everyone's opinion on the best cassette tape adapters because I don't want to go through the hassle of having to do the stickied mod.

#8 ·
Best 12 Inch Subwoofers

I'd search for somebody in your general vicinity that has done the mod to the stock HU and check whether they would do it for you, or discover a companion that knows something about gadgets that could do it, Best wager on the off chance that you need better than average sound it to do the mod stickied at the highest point of the discussion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.