Supercharged *CHAT* CXV - The S/C crew resurrection - Page 46 - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Supercharging RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 02-02-2019, 03:48 PM   #1126
03ssmrsx
Blown

03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 03ssmrsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
How’s it going in here
03ssmrsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM   #1127
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Not much activity as you can see.
DC5Sandbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 08:12 PM   #1128
nats007
Always on TDY...

nats007 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Forreal, it's been quiet. RSX has been parked primarily until I can change the CMC, so I just been driving the beater. MDX died on me this weekend while I was out of town. Had to replace battery and alternator to get back home with a 4 hour drive. Still have some kinks to work out before I head out of the country on Wednesday.
nats007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 08:42 PM   #1129
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Having the standard cold weather in the Chicago area but my RSX-S is tucked away in a nice heated building. This weekend I went to the Chicago Auto Show to keep up to date with the latest and greatest. Displayed in the Acura section was the latest NSX with an original one parked next to it. They also had a Civic-R that you could sit in. You know when Honda let loose their engineers to do their thing they can design a pretty good drivers car - NSX, S2K, RSX-S/Integra-R, Civic-R
Old 02-17-2019, 03:02 PM   #1130
kaotik78

kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kaotik78 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Curious if anyone has had success adding a ep3 JRSC to a k20a2? I only ask cause I want to get rid of the k20a3 lump I've had in it and swap it with either a k20a or k20a2 w/6 speed trans. Thinking of adding the jmercado manifold that would allow for some aftercooling as well.
kaotik78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #1131
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik78 View Post
Curious if anyone has had success adding a ep3 JRSC to a k20a2? I only ask cause I want to get rid of the k20a3 lump I've had in it and swap it with either a k20a or k20a2 w/6 speed trans. Thinking of adding the jmercado manifold that would allow for some aftercooling as well.
It's been done, but I'm not sure if that thread can be dug up. If you get the jmercado manifold, you can remount the JRSC M62 blower on it I'm sure...
Old 02-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #1132
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Sandbag View Post
Having the standard cold weather in the Chicago area but my RSX-S is tucked away in a nice heated building. This weekend I went to the Chicago Auto Show to keep up to date with the latest and greatest. Displayed in the Acura section was the latest NSX with an original one parked next to it. They also had a Civic-R that you could sit in. You know when Honda let loose their engineers to do their thing they can design a pretty good drivers car - NSX, S2K, RSX-S/Integra-R, Civic-R
Saw both the new NSX and CTR back in Oct 2018. Love both, but doubt I'd own the CTR. Loved sitting in it though.

Outside of my RSX, I'm leaning to the G70 for my next car in a few years. I'll keep the RSX for sure and get rid of the Mazda3. With that, just ordered a new CMC to replace next weekend. Also, plan to due an oil change, clutch fluid change as well. Found a shop they will rebuild my blower if I source the parts, so starting to research that for a summer project. Any recommendations?

Thinking I read oil change, new bearings, and couplers... I haven't opened and I had it since 2012 and I probably have about 40-50k on it with no service done.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #1133
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
A turbocharged V6 G70 looks like it would be entertaining to drive.

Saving for a IS38 turbo for my MK7 GTI is the next mod for me. My MK7 GTI is my poor man's Porsche. A larger turbo should help it keep up with my old RSX-S top end speed.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:36 PM   #1134
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
A turbocharged V6 G70 looks like it would be entertaining to drive.

Saving for a IS38 turbo for my MK7 GTI is the next mod for me. My MK7 GTI is my poor man's Porsche. A larger turbo should help it keep up with my old RSX-S top end speed.
Yes, would love the 3.3T, but I want a 6MT, so will opt for the 2.0T 6MT instead. Love manuals and plan on keeping this tradition alive lol. Wish the 3.3T G70 came with a MT option, but understand why it doesn't.

A turbo upgrade would be nice on the MK7. I really like the Golf R, but I don't have much experience with VW.

Last edited by nats007; 02-17-2019 at 08:39 PM..
Old 02-17-2019, 11:03 PM   #1135
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nats007 View Post
Yes, would love the 3.3T, but I want a 6MT, so will opt for the 2.0T 6MT instead. Love manuals and plan on keeping this tradition alive lol. Wish the 3.3T G70 came with a MT option, but understand why it doesn't.

A turbo upgrade would be nice on the MK7. I really like the Golf R, but I don't have much experience with VW.
You need to cross over to the dark-side and try a good dual clutch automatic transmission. If you like to drive competitively on a straight or winding road, it's hard to beat the paddle shifters, different driving modes, and available program upgrades. Also, I've never missed a shift, plus you can keep both hands on the wheel. I will say nothing feels better then cruising down the highway at 60 mph in your RSX and you drop from 6th to 3rd gear and jump ahead of the guy next to you.

Currently my GTI with some minor upgrades is now putting out 336 hp - 404 ft/lbs, but overall I'm shooting for around 390 hp - I like to keep the Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers on their toes.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 AM   #1136
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

You need to cross over to the dark-side and try a good dual clutch automatic transmission. If you like to drive competitively on a straight or winding road, it's hard to beat the paddle shifters, different driving modes, and available program upgrades. Also, I've never missed a shift, plus you can keep both hands on the wheel. I will say nothing feels better then cruising down the highway at 60 mph in your RSX and you drop from 6th to 3rd gear and jump ahead of the guy next to you.

Currently my GTI with some minor upgrades is now putting out 336 hp - 404 ft/lbs, but overall I'm shooting for around 390 hp - I like to keep the Mustangs, Camaros, Challengers on their toes.
I know... I have a good friend that autox and he said the same thing. It's just something about shifting gears that I can't get over.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:37 AM   #1137
Type-Spaz
Hybrid-Racing.com

Type-Spaz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I'm from Chicago originally. Over by Lincoln Park. My mom and sister are still down there so I use to visit a lot and hang out with the Chicago RSX guys a lot.
Old 02-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #1138
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-Spaz View Post
I'm from Chicago originally. Over by Lincoln Park. My mom and sister are still down there so I use to visit a lot and hang out with the Chicago RSX guys a lot.
Nice. I work in Chicago. Although RSXs are becoming more extinct, next time you're in the Chicago area maybe we can link up with some other drivers. I can't remember, but do you still have your RSX?
Old 03-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #1139
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Just changed my CMC. Damn, I forgot what a PITA it is to get under the dash. Took forever just to get the damn clip back in the pin. Bleeding clutch and oil change next
Old 03-03-2019, 02:41 PM   #1140
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
It's called getting older.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:43 PM   #1141
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
It's called getting older.
That's true! Got it all done. New EM1 CMC is in, bled, and fresh oil change and oil filter. Took longer than expected, but satisfied I can take my RSX out again.

Perfect timing cause the beater needs an oil change and in desperate need of new tires.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:30 PM   #1142
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Driving home today on the Chicago Skyway I passed a clean looking 02-04 RSX-S. Makes me want to take mine out of storage and drive it to work tomorrow. Got to resist the urge until the road salt is off the roads. This is the only time I wish for rain.
Old 03-25-2019, 07:04 AM   #1143
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Driving home today on the Chicago Skyway I passed a clean looking 02-04 RSX-S. Makes me want to take mine out of storage and drive it to work tomorrow. Got to resist the urge until the road salt is off the roads. This is the only time I wish for rain.
So glad I don't have to deal with that! Spent some time at the Acura dealership this weekend getting wife's MDX tested for excessive oil consumption based on an warranty extension offered by Acura. Sat in an ILX A-Spec and it was pretty nice. Sales rep asked if I was in the market, I said unfortunately I'm not. I told him my RSX has and continues to keep me entertained.

In other news, been sinking money into my house. Water controller for my well got fried with a damn lizard getting into it on top of needing a new water softener system.
Old 03-25-2019, 08:37 PM   #1144
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

Garage
Quote:
So glad I don't have to deal with that! Spent some time at the Acura dealership this weekend getting wife's MDX tested for excessive oil consumption based on an warranty extension offered by Acura. Sat in an ILX A-Spec and it was pretty nice. Sales rep asked if I was in the market, I said unfortunately I'm not. I told him my RSX has and continues to keep me entertained.

In other news, been sinking money into my house. Water controller for my well got fried with a damn lizard getting into it on top of needing a new water softener system.
I know how you feel. Just saved up for a larger turbo and a tune, but instead last weekend used the funds to improve things around the house. To do the handyman work myself I still got some neat new toys like a new power washer, hose reel, and extension ladder. Boy I really wanted that turbo, but like the old saying goes ďa happy wife is a happy lifeĒ.
Old 03-28-2019, 06:50 AM   #1145
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Quote:

I know how you feel. Just saved up for a larger turbo and a tune, but instead last weekend used the funds to improve things around the house. To do the handyman work myself I still got some neat new toys like a new power washer, hose reel, and extension ladder. Boy I really wanted that turbo, but like the old saying goes “a happy wife is a happy life”.
Nice!!!

Had anyone purchased a rebuild kit recently for their JRSC? If so, where? I recall the following site as the OGs recommendation:

http://www.rollingperformance.com
Old 04-01-2019, 10:22 PM   #1146
crackerjack
+ Displacement

crackerjack is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My mp62 is still chimming along.

was looking at Merc Racing TVS1320. sweet kit but with current Exchange.
We canadians are shelling out large dough for the kit and shipping.
Old 04-02-2019, 04:54 AM   #1147
Ransom
Ohh Yeaaah!

Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Ransom must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Nice!!!

Had anyone purchased a rebuild kit recently for their JRSC? If so, where? I recall the following site as the OGs recommendation:

Years ago when I rebuilt my kit, I used parts from rolling performance. I believe I got everything from them, atleast a majority of it.

I replaced the bearings in the snout with a new seal, the bearings at the back of the case (the cup needle bearings), and a new coupler between the snout and rotor pack.

I left the rotors alone as I didn't have the equipment to time them and my rotor pack was in great shape.

I used a sealed bearing that on the outer snout bearing closest to the pulley, I removed the sealed portion facing the rotors. That way I had essentially 2 seals preventing oil from seeping out the snout.
Ransom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:06 PM   #1148
cauQazn
got retrofit?

cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
cauQazn is easy..................when it comes to rep
Quote:
Nice!!!

Did it with their kit + ceramic bearings recently when my snout internals blew apart on the track. Running fine since.

ATLANTA DALLAS
RSXRetrofits | VisionAutoworks | Team Hi-Def
UnitF14 Powdercoating | O'Reilly Plano
cauQazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #1149
nats007
Always on TDY...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Quote:
Nice!!!

Years ago when I rebuilt my kit, I used parts from rolling performance. I believe I got everything from them, atleast a majority of it.

I replaced the bearings in the snout with a new seal, the bearings at the back of the case (the cup needle bearings), and a new coupler between the snout and rotor pack.

I left the rotors alone as I didn't have the equipment to time them and my rotor pack was in great shape.

I used a sealed bearing that on the outer snout bearing closest to the pulley, I removed the sealed portion facing the rotors. That way I had essentially 2 seals preventing oil from seeping out the snout.
Thanks for the detailed instructions! Will keep handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cauQazn View Post
Quote:
Nice!!!

Did it with their kit + ceramic bearings recently when my snout internals blew apart on the track. Running fine since.
Awesome, thanks for confirming you bought recently. Hoping to rebuild my S/C this summer for preventative maintenance.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #1150
Luna
Tuna Luna

Luna is on a distinguished road
Any here know how long it would be to add a new fuel hose from the tank to the front? I want to start getting ready for fuel return system for the future. I just haven’t been near the car in a bit to measure myself
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote