Best lowering springs? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > SUSPENSION > Suspension, Chassis & Brakes
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-10-2019, 06:08 AM   #1
koitadonal

koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx koitadonal is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Best lowering springs?

So I got my wheels, mugen rear, visors, exhaust, SRI, and all I'm missing right now is that drop. Im looking for some lowering springs, that give a nice drop, and at the same time a nice ride. What springs would you recommend? Right now Im looking at Eibachs
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2019, 09:23 PM   #2
DC5Sandbag
Past Drivers Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by koitadonal View Post
So I got my wheels, mugen rear, visors, exhaust, SRI, and all I'm missing right now is that drop. Im looking for some lowering springs, that give a nice drop, and at the same time a nice ride. What springs would you recommend? Right now Im looking at Eibachs
I installed Eibachs Pro-Kit and their sway bars. Height drop is around 1 inch. Rolling on 17 inch wheels, the ride is firm but not harsh.
DC5Sandbag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
Apollo2020

Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Apollo2020 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I think you should invest in Coilovers, stiffer springs on oem struts will blow very soon.

I say this from experience.
Apollo2020 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2019, 01:31 AM   #4
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Yup, just pick up the cheaper set of Teins and be done with it.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:48 AM   #5
Sanders2088
The Tangerine

Sanders2088 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRickster View Post
Yup, just pick up the cheaper set of Teins and be done with it.
I had the S Techs back when and i thought they were very good.

who knows a good k pro tuner??
Sanders2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
TheRickster

TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheRickster is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanders2088 View Post
I had the S Techs back when and i thought they were very good.
Sorry, i meant the cheapest set of Tein Coilovers lol. At least if you care about the shocks being blown.

TBH I drove around on S-Techs with blown struts and it wasn't super terrible, but that's only because of how I bought the car.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:10 PM   #7
marcs23

marcs23 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
back in the day I had Eibach’s Pro-Kit springs with oem struts for over 40K miles with no issues
446HP/322TQ on 13 psi
marcs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:44 PM   #8
Jimmikatt

Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Jimmikatt is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have Skunk 2 lowering springs on my 97 Civic since 2008, and never had an issue.
If i did want a very small drop, i would look into H&R, they have gotten very good reviews.
Jimmikatt is offline   Reply With Quote