Oil change (leaking oil) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
SAPD911

SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Oil change (leaking oil)

So I received a free oil change from a local car wash lube place a few yrs ago and decided to use it on my 06 Type S. The service guys tries to sell me a power steering flush for $129.00, I decline and tell him just do the oil change.

About 15 minutes later, car is finished, and I ask the tech how hard the oil filter was to remove. He says, very easy to take off, I took it off from the top. I then asked, what about oil draining down onto the chassis. He says, don't worry I wiped it completely clean. Of course, we all know that's a LIE. I check the floor on my garage floor the next day and its dripping everywhere. 2 days later, still dripping. I got under the car last night and wiped what I could until I jack the thing up.

I checked the level and its at the second line so I have enough oil. My question is this, How do you prevent the leaking in the future as I am doing my own oil changes for now on?

Thanks.

Last edited by SAPD911; 05-06-2015 at 01:29 PM..
SAPD911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2015, 01:55 PM   #2
superchargedk20
K24 revhard

superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road superchargedk20 is on a distinguished road
Prolly hose it off or spray brake cleaner all over . It's hard to get every drip. The position of the oil filter isn't in an ideal place.
superchargedk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #3
ArcticBlueAlex
Master Member

ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ArcticBlueAlex is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
You need to double up on a few paper towels wipes underneath the filter before removal. Put newspaper on the ground as well, best of luck its always a mess.

Old 05-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #4
itskien
Doesn't Give A F*ck

itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with itskien is a name not to mess with
Get a deflector on to guide the oil somewhere else when you take out the filter.

Some of the oil gets into the frame and like to play around in there.

If you do get some in there, spray brake cleaner and use an air compressor to get most of it out.

Empty Tank Crew #1
Twitter: KiensAJauk
Instagram / Snapchat: ItsKien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianK View Post
kien you fat fuck, no set of wings can lift your cinna bun ass up to heaven anyway.
itskien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #5
gabo_s13
Cone Killer

gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though gabo_s13 is cool, not as cool as some though
I've tried wrapping the frame rails with some plastic bags with really good results. Brake cleaner helps also.
gabo_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 04:54 PM   #6
Live_4iT

Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Live_4iT is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBlueAlex View Post
You need to double up on a few paper towels wipes underneath the filter before removal. Put newspaper on the ground as well, best of luck its always a mess.
lol thats exactly what I do, except with a flattened cardboard box. I kind of welcome it in a way coating the underneath with oil will keep the rust away.
Live_4iT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:57 PM   #7
OgLOc
PSN: TomasTheTank

OgLOc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Theres a few companies that make formable funnels . Also you could get a long sharp punch and pop a hole in the bottom.

PSN: TomastheTank
OgLOc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 12:56 AM   #8
SAPD911

SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx SAPD911 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
thanks all.
SAPD911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:42 PM   #9
9/11 RSX-s
Master Member

9/11 RSX-s has a clean start 9/11 RSX-s has a clean start 9/11 RSX-s has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live_4iT View Post
lol thats exactly what I do, except with a flattened cardboard box. I kind of welcome it in a way coating the underneath with oil will keep the rust away.
^ That! Oil is a good thing.
ASPEC | Neuspeed | CenterLine Racing RPM | BFG KDW-2
IN> Injen CAI > Hybrid Racing 70mm > RRC > RDX 410cc > IPS K2 > DCRH & Cat > 2.5" Stainless >OUT
9/11 RSX-s is offline   Reply With Quote