Headlights - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Bolt-On Basics: RSX (Base)
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-18-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
emmanuelrobles94

emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Headlights

Hii, im planing to buy a new headlights for mu 03 acura rsx base, does someone know what the best kit is?? i prefer that they could support hid thx
emmanuelrobles94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #2
mallen600
Pancakes

mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mallen600 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Just black out your stock headlights or get some Depos (or ball out and get Type R headlights). Whatever you do, don't get halos. You can have some projectors retrofitted if you want to run HIDs - personally I have HIDs in my stock headlights and they don't get crazy retarded with the beam pattern or blinding anyone. Much better than when hillbillies throw HIDs in their F150.
TN CREW #6[/B]ABP Crew Member #79[/B]
Zombie Eradication Team #68
BB Crew
***PIC OF BUFFALO HERE***
mallen600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:53 PM   #3
emmanuelrobles94

emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx emmanuelrobles94 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
But you don't know a headlights with projectors that doesn't have problems with hids, my car didn't come with the stock headlights

Old 12-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #4
JGresch

JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
What kind of problems with HIDs? Fitment of bulb? Poor projection?
JGresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #5
emmanuelrobles94

Actually I haven't tried yet, I want to buy a headlights without hids problems
Old 12-18-2015, 03:00 PM   #6
JGresch

JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx JGresch is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmanuelrobles94 View Post
I don't understand what problems you're afraid of having. Like compatibility?
JGresch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
RuizDC5
Knight Armament SR-635

RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
not sure if you understand how HID's work. Feather more, it's real easy to buy a cheap HID kit and have it go to shit. For the most part, you get what you pay for. If you are interested in some good, badass, you will love them, omg how in the fuck did i drive this long with out these headlights, check these guys out

http://www.rsxretrofits.com/

the owner is a CRSX member
Old 12-18-2015, 04:47 PM   #8
emmanuelrobles94

When I bought the car it came with after market headlights, those came with projectors and halo, I'm gonna change them cause they look old and only 1 (4 total )halo works, when I change it I want something good and o want to install hids right now I have halogens bulbs (the cheapest lol) they work great for the price but I want something that really works great, but I don't want to waste my money, the hids I think that I'm gonna buy the opt7 they look great and have 2 years of warranty, so the only thing that I'm missing are the headlights but I wanted with halo and projectors cause I've been reading and they said that it's better for hids
Old 12-18-2015, 05:16 PM   #9
RuizDC5
Knight Armament SR-635

RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own RuizDC5 must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
When I bought the car it came with after market headlights, those came with projectors and halo, I'm gonna change them cause they look old and only 1 (4 total )halo works, when I change it I want something good and o want to install hids right now I have halogens bulbs (the cheapest lol) they work great for the price but I want something that really works great, but I don't want to waste my money, the hids I think that I'm gonna buy the opt7 they look great and have 2 years of warranty, so the only thing that I'm missing are the headlights but I wanted with halo and projectors cause I've been reading and they said that it's better for hids
do you know which headlights and HID's came with the car?
Old 12-18-2015, 07:01 PM   #10
emmanuelrobles94

The car didn't come with hids, h1 halogens low beam and h1 halogens high beam
Old 12-18-2015, 10:32 PM   #11
RuizDC5
Knight Armament SR-635

Quote:
The car didn't come with hids, h1 halogens low beam and h1 halogens high beam
That answers one question, how about the other?
Old 12-18-2015, 10:42 PM   #12
emmanuelrobles94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuizDC5 View Post
That answers one question, how about the other?
What is the other???
Old 02-13-2016, 06:31 PM   #13
newestbie

newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
halo black/chrome headlights on ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen600 View Post
Whatever you do, don't get halos.
Why don't buy HALOs ?
I was planning to change original headlights with dual halo chrome headlights.

original Righ side faded , thinkin to change both with aftermarket halo ones. Just search " RSX halo headlight " words on ebay you will see many options. Black one looks nice but my car is silver. If I put black, headlights will be look even bigger so I will go with chrome. Triple Projectors looks also nice but they don't align with curves on 2002-2004 RSX bumpers, kinda looks weird, so I will go with double halo projector chrome clear type.
I love acura TL's headlight design , Big headlights probably only thing I dislike on RSX wish it was possible to put TL headlights but requires huge body modification and custom redesign on fenders.

I wonder if I get triple projector headlights with blackbody then painting uper section with body color to make slimmer look, but probably look ugly. what you guys think?
newestbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:43 PM   #14
emmanuelrobles94

Quote:
Originally Posted by newestbie View Post
Why don't buy HALOs ?
I was planning to change original headlights with dual halo chrome headlights.

original Righ side faded , thinkin to change both with aftermarket halo ones. Just search " RSX halo headlight " words on ebay you will see many options. Black one looks nice but my car is silver. If I put black, headlights will be look even bigger so I will go with chrome. Triple Projectors looks also nice but they don't align with curves on 2002-2004 RSX bumpers, kinda looks weird, so I will go with double halo projector chrome clear type.
I love acura TL's headlight design , Big headlights probably only thing I dislike on RSX wish it was possible to put TL headlights but requires huge body modification and custom redesign on fenders.

I wonder if I get triple projector headlights with blackbody then painting uper section with body color to make slimmer look, but probably look ugly. what you guys think?
I'm gonna buy the anzo, they are amazing, my rsx is silver but I wanna paint it, a dark blue with the hood and roof on black, so I'm going with the black anzo headlights
Old 02-14-2016, 12:52 PM   #15
newestbie

newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx newestbie is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
anzo's are expensive, $250-400 for pair. There are headlight kits on ebay, they have same design as anzo but around $130-160
newestbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:56 PM   #16
emmanuelrobles94

Quote:
Originally Posted by newestbie View Post
anzo's are expensive, $250-400 for pair. There are headlight kits on ebay, they have same design as anzo but around $130-160
Ik, but you ate gonna pay quality my car came with Eagles eye and the halos are already broken
Old 02-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #17
emmanuelrobles94

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...448051&alt=web
Old 02-14-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
DC5_Trendy
Officially Amused ;P

DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Old 02-14-2016, 01:12 PM   #19
emmanuelrobles94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5_Trendy View Post
What happened l??
Old 02-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #20
DC5_Trendy
Officially Amused ;P

DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx DC5_Trendy is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
didnt bother to read all that shit above

anywho dont ever get those headlights lol even if money is an issue,
just save up & get it when you have enough
theres a difference between depo anzo lights & retrofitted lights
just do research dont be lazy
later down the line you will realize you've made the right decision
i know i have & glad i didnt go with those cheap already made angel eyes

this is what you need ------> http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1186081
hope this helps with your decision

Depo's (i know its not the exact set you posted but bare with me)

VS.

Retro's (your able to put your own touch/wants, demon eyes, angel eyes, iron man effects, multi colored led's, different projector cover styles etc. actually limitless if you think about it & of course HID compatable)

Last edited by DC5_Trendy; 02-14-2016 at 01:41 PM..
DC5_Trendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 05:29 PM   #21
emmanuelrobles94

Quote:

this is what you need ------> http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=1186081

VS.

Retro's (your able to put your own touch/wants, demon eyes, angel eyes, iron man effects, multi colored led's, different projector cover styles etc. actually limitless if you think about it & of course HID compatable)

Ik I love the retro but I didn't buy them because of the price, I've never heard about the depo but are amazing too but again the price
Old 02-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #22
DC5_Trendy
Officially Amused ;P

Well whatever works for ya buddy theres always time to upgrade later
Old 07-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #23
TechMillz93

TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:

VS.

what brand are the headlights, im guessing anzo projectors are good
TechMillz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:18 AM   #24
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechMillz93 View Post
what brand are the headlights, im guessing anzo projectors are good
After reading extensively throughout this website, the general consensus is don't buy aftermarket projectors. Too many issues and not worth the hassle. Search if you don't believe me. Get retrofits if you want projectors or just get HID's in your stock housing. It's nothing special, but it's a big improvement over halogen.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:28 AM   #25
TechMillz93

TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TechMillz93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
After reading extensively throughout this website, the general consensus is don't buy aftermarket projectors. Too many issues and not worth the hassle. Search if you don't believe me. Get retrofits if you want projectors or just get HID's in your stock housing. It's nothing special, but it's a big improvement over halogen.
honestly dont plan on doing retrofit anytime, but i just need a quick budget replacement so ill probably get these for the time being.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-2005-2...%257Ciid%253A1
TechMillz93 is offline   Reply With Quote