ITR and OEM 05 exhaust question....pls look! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 04:06 PM   #1
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

NxtLvlRSXtypeS has been a little shit in the past
ITR and OEM 05 exhaust question....pls look!

I was wondering if anyone had inner or outer diameter numbers AND/OR part numbers for

1) an OEM JDM ITR exhaust

2) an OEM 05 exhaust

Reason I am asking is because I wanna get rid of my comptech exhaust for one of these.

Thanks guys!
AEM CAI-Hondata 4-PR velocity stack-ES MM-Groundwires-Spoon drain plugs-Revo SS-CRSX bushings-Speedsource bushings-D2 coilovers-Ingalls RCK-ES swaybar bushings-Neuspeed X brace-Mugen FSB-Do Luck floorbar-Megan CPB-ITR trunkbar-Feels RSB-ITR swaybar-Skunk2 LRTB-Stoptech stg II-Sparco pedals-ITR dead pedal-S2K shiftknob-Autometer shiftlite-ITR coin holder-EP3 steering wheel-DIY shiftboot-ITR ebrake-Mugen cover-OEM spoiler-Grilletech grill-ITR sidemarkers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2005, 05:26 PM   #2
SpeeDemoN
-------------------------

SpeeDemoN has been a little shit in the past
I believe you're asking about the same exhaust twice. Sorry I don't have the specs for you, all I know is they're the same.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:30 PM   #3
mavi DC5
x type-s club

mavi DC5 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
the 02-04 ITR 2.25" OD exhaust from b-pipe to tailpipe... (source, AJR)

Old 05-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #4
ZETEC_to_VTEC
DC5 Dohc Vtec

ZETEC_to_VTEC is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The 05 is the ITR Exhaust. Same size
93 SC300 5spd
Old 05-31-2005, 07:10 PM   #5
RSXiMUS
Senior Citizen

RSXiMUS is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZETEC_to_VTEC
The 05 is the ITR Exhaust. Same size
After comparing them both, they are a little bit different.

I took my 05 exhaust out and compared it to a JDM ITR rear muffler, both are made by Futaba but they have different part numbers. Also the Type R muffler has a longer tip, about 3/4" longer actually.

Check out the pic. Sorry, camera phone quality.

Old 05-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #6
eric_r_ho
I love my Type-Sex

eric_r_ho is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Wow ^^ awesome comparison bro
Old 05-31-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
aznboysrfr
EWGF Master

aznboysrfr is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
isn't the itr midpipe slightly bigger than the 05 rts?

my car's progressively new dyno with every mod

do NOT buy from 06rsxts ... scammer
Old 05-31-2005, 10:45 PM   #8
Glimpse
Don't TILT

Glimpse is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboysrfr
isn't the itr midpipe slightly bigger than the 05 rts?
Yes.

05 P/Ns:

18220-S6M-A61 PIPE B, EX.
18030-S6M-A60 MUFFLER SET, EX.
Injen: CAI Hayame: Exhaust Toda: Race Header, Valve Springs, Headgasket, N2 Cams, Front Swaybar Skunk2: SS Valves, Ti Retainers Energy Suspension: MM Bushings Hondata: IMG, K-Pro Unorthodox Racing: Ultra SS Pulleys JDM: ITR IM, ITR FD CRSX: Shift Bushings Exedy: Organic Clutch, Flywheel Quaife: LSD StopTech: BBK PowerSlot: Rear Rotors Techna Fit: SS Lines AXXIS: Metal Master Pads Motul: RBF 600 Xenon Depot: 5000k HID Spoon: Drain Bolts Grillcraft: Lower Grill
I love Pink Rsx
Old 06-01-2005, 12:25 AM   #9
pints99
Master Member

pints99 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I thought the type R was 2.36 and the 05 was 2.25.
Old 06-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #10
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pints99
I thought the type R was 2.36 and the 05 was 2.25.
Can this be confirmed by anyone else?
AEM CAI-Hondata 4-PR velocity stack-ES MM-Groundwires-Spoon drain plugs-Revo SS-CRSX bushings-Speedsource bushings-D2 coilovers-Ingalls RCK-ES swaybar bushings-Neuspeed X brace-Mugen FSB-Do Luck floorbar-Megan CPB-ITR trunkbar-Feels RSB-ITR swaybar-Skunk2 LRTB-Stoptech stg II-Sparco pedals-ITR dead pedal-S2K shiftknob-Autometer shiftlite-ITR coin holder-EP3 steering wheel-DIY shiftboot-ITR ebrake-Mugen cover-OEM spoiler-Grilletech grill-ITR sidemarkers
Old 06-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #11
03DSM-RSX

03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start 03DSM-RSX has a clean start
i'd stick to your comptech. unless u're gona sell it to me for cheap

Old 06-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #12
PacDawg
K24/20 NA 12.3 @ 110 mph

PacDawg is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
i'd stick to your comptech. unless u're gona sell it to me for cheap
I second that. I know you want a quieter exhaust so just add a silencer and your good to go.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:17 AM   #13
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

Damn.....I dunno what the hell I wanna do now...LOL.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:39 AM   #14
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

The comptech exhaust is a straight through design.
Are the ITR exhausts bends just like an OEM type-s exhaust bends?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:40 AM   #15
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

The comptech exhaust is a straight through design.
Are the ITR exhausts bends just like an OEM type-s exhaust bends?
I am guessing that they are.....

And because the ITR exhaust is an OEM piece, I am guessing that it weighs a ton compared to the Comptech exhaust also......any of yall know?
Old 06-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #16
DC5ITR329
Mike Ock

DC5ITR329 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I have the ITR exhuast and it has the same bends as the stock exhuast. The OEM exhuast weighs about the same as a ITR.
Old 06-02-2005, 08:24 PM   #17
2ND RSX
New car again...

2ND RSX is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Don't forget about the inner valve inside the ITR muffler.
07 Lexus IS350 Best ET 13.73 at 100 - GONE
08 Lexus IS F
Old 06-02-2005, 11:28 PM   #18
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ND RSX
Don't forget about the inner valve inside the ITR muffler.
Didn't actually know of this...wanna fill me in? Are you saying this because that "inner valve" will hurt or help me?

OT: I know I PMed you about this earlier, but I went to my dealership and inquired about your 05 final drive. What do I need to get this swap done? I know I need the final drive itself, but are any gearings/bearings/additional parts needed? It would be a blast if you had the part numbers lying around. If you don't or don't know its all good though.

Thanks for your help!
Old 06-02-2005, 11:38 PM   #19
PacDawg
K24/20 NA 12.3 @ 110 mph

The inner valve has been said but not verified to be also in the 05 muffler. Anyways after the exhaust gets to a certain pressure the inner valve opens up to make it similar to a straight through muffler. This is better than a traditional chambered muffler but still won't perform as well as a straight through design muffler.

Pac
Old 06-02-2005, 11:53 PM   #20
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

Man, I've been debating. I love my Comptech exhaust, especially paired with my race header, but I am quite frankly getting tired of waking up neighbors and having it drone on my long trips to school twice a week.

I wanna go with something that still flows well, and does not sacrifice much power, that's why I was thinking the ITR exhaust would do me some good.

As far as adding a silencer, on my last exhaust a silencer didnt really do much. On Comptech's website, it says their silencer decreases noise levels by 1-3 decibels, which doesnt really sound like a lot to me.

I want to have a free flowing exhaust, just without much noise. I'm growing up, and I guess kinda growing out of the love for a noisey exhaust note. Don't get me wrong, I am still going to continue to mod my car (all the stuff in my sig and planned stuff is still going in) I guess the one area I am willing to sacrifice some power in is the exhaust, which I think is a good trade off in my situation for less noise.

At the same time, I figure since I'm going the ITR route, going with an ITR exhaust won't hurt me THAT much. Especially since the majority of aftermarket exhausts are 2.25 in diameter, and the ITR one is slightly bigger than that (and in fact the same size as some other aftermarket exhausts) Only negative things I can think of is are the increased weight and more bends and muffler design, but like I said its a trade off I am willing to make.

I think I can expect anywhere from a 3-5 whp reduction....what do you think?
Old 06-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #21
PacDawg
K24/20 NA 12.3 @ 110 mph

I had an 05 exhaust with my setup. When I switched to a larger piping exhaust I netted 10 hp. I also added a prc im but the gains should have been just top end.

I'm not saying you will lose 10 hp but am just stating my experience.

Your comptech is 2.5" and most after market systems is 2.36". The type R might be 2.25 but isn't bigger than most aftermarket systems.

I hear you in regards to noise levels. I currently have my stock muffler modified to fit on my evoTT piping for daily driving. It was just too damn loud.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:36 AM   #22
NxtLvlRSXtypeS
Must...stop...modding!!

I believe that someone the this thread stated that the ITR midpipe is larger that the 05 midpipe, and with the 05 midpipe being 2.25, the ITR one is 2.36.

You probably just got mixed up. Yeah man, I hear you (or I don't LOL) about the noise levels. I went from a Tsudo exhaust to a Comptech exhaust, and now I'm wanting to go from Comptech to ITR.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #23
RSNEXT
Likes the facts

RSNEXT is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Does the HKS hi power drone as much as the comptech? I want a 2.5 exhaust and was looking into comtech, but I too don't want an annoying droning sound.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:36 AM   #24
TrackReady

TrackReady is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Hey guys I have an 05 and I have been thinking about somthing for a long time. On the 05 there is a HUGE resonator right before the muffler. Do you think if I had a better flowing, smaller resonator welded in it's place it would give me a little more sound and alittle better gains? That resonator on there now doesn't look like it would flow 2 well, It looks so big that the air would tumble on it's self when it entered it.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:02 AM   #25
Glimpse
Don't TILT

Glimpse is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
This has gone on just about as long as I will allow for this forum; exhaust questions are really meant for the basics. This one got a long leash because the original question wasn't too easy. But now it's time to move on.
Injen: CAI Hayame: Exhaust Toda: Race Header, Valve Springs, Headgasket, N2 Cams, Front Swaybar Skunk2: SS Valves, Ti Retainers Energy Suspension: MM Bushings Hondata: IMG, K-Pro Unorthodox Racing: Ultra SS Pulleys JDM: ITR IM, ITR FD CRSX: Shift Bushings Exedy: Organic Clutch, Flywheel Quaife: LSD StopTech: BBK PowerSlot: Rear Rotors Techna Fit: SS Lines AXXIS: Metal Master Pads Motul: RBF 600 Xenon Depot: 5000k HID Spoon: Drain Bolts Grillcraft: Lower Grill
I love Pink Rsx
Closed Thread