How much does rebuilt title effect price? - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > General RSX Discussion
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 11-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
Troof.
JWOWWWW

Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
How much does rebuilt title effect price?

I'm looking at a trade with an s2k w/ 87k miles some minor mods and a rebuilt title. I looked on KBB and in good condition it is worth like 14Gs. But how much should i consider to take off because the title is rebuilt? Or should I not even fxck around with a car that doesn't have a clean title? Let me know. thanks

SNRC
2008 Magnetic Black 350Z
| Injen Dual Intakes| HKS Single Exhaust| | Tanabe Springs |

G.O.A.T. Status Crew BigTittieCommittee #4 ()()
Troof. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
jeremy0203
Banned

jeremy0203 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
A LOT!!!!!!!

plus id consider in why is the title rebuilt.... was salvaged from flood, theft recovery, or body damage and if body damage what parts were damaged and how badly
jeremy0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #3
Troof.
JWOWWWW

Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx Troof. is loved by everyone on c-rsx
thanks, good looking out

SNRC
2008 Magnetic Black 350Z
| Injen Dual Intakes| HKS Single Exhaust| | Tanabe Springs |

G.O.A.T. Status Crew BigTittieCommittee #4 ()()
Troof. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:59 AM   #4
tuner-stop
ArmenianCRSX Crew Founder

tuner-stop is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
if its theaft recovery, who cares....as long as its the interior and nothing else. body dmg is "ok" as long as the frame is in place. floor.....forget it...asking for electrical problems.

Armenian crsx crew member #1
LA Lakers 65-17 LOOKS/LUXURY > SPEED! posting from work /
tuner-stop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:35 AM   #5
Leek
Com

Leek is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuner-stop View Post
if its theaft recovery, who cares....as long as its the interior and nothing else. body dmg is "ok" as long as the frame is in place. floor.....forget it...asking for electrical problems.
You mean flood right?
Old 11-19-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
tuner-stop

lol yes..jus look @ the time i posted that. my badddddd

Old 11-20-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
nrsxt
Master Member

nrsxt is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
honestly, i dont think you should even think about a rebuilt car, unless it's not your daily driver. maybe if you wanted it for a weekend race car or something like that.

main point is... i hope you realized that you're buying a rebuilt car. it was a complete loss, then "rebuilt" and given that rebuilt title. you'll always feel a little uneasy bout the car. and most insurance companies will rape you, whether it's premiums or how much they'll actually help you (pay for your car) in the case of an accident.

someone on crsx, forgot who, had a signature that went like this: "i would never take back a stolen car. like a cheating girlfriend, who knows what the other guy did."
Old 11-20-2006, 12:50 AM   #8
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

o-MiDwEStDC5-o is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
My car is rebuilt... had it for 19 months with no problem... mine was for rear end damage...

Think about it... for a car to be re-titled... it has to pass a 350-400 state DMV inspection... includes frame, air bags, interior, exterior... everything...

Grant, you dont know what was done to it, but do you really know that with any used car? ... On Carsoup.com you can buy crashed cars that werent reported to insurance and have clean titles... the only way that shit gets put on the title is if an insurance claim is made and its reported to the state... Any one of you could be driving a car that has been smashed into a wall, and with todays technoology, and for the most part honesty, its not noticable..

Also, my bank when I got my loan said it only depreciates the value by about $1000-2000... Rebuilt title doesnt affect car insurance, or loan rates either... most of you need to know what youre talking about before you type the stupid shit you do... Rebuilt means re-titled... which means its just like any car on the road.... salvage is what most of you are talking about...

Basically what you are going to be getting is a bad ass perfectly fine car at a bad ass price... Go for it... Personally, I like for rebuilt titled cars so I can get them cheaper...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased

Last edited by o-MiDwEStDC5-o; 11-20-2006 at 12:52 AM..
o-MiDwEStDC5-o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:56 AM   #9
rsxscrazy
Master Member

rsxscrazy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
on kbb if you go into the advance settings it has a box for salvage title/rebuilt. I also have a rebuilt title with no problems. The only type of reconstructed title i wouldn't mess with is Fresh Water which is flood damage. The only time you will have a problem with it is when you get done and want to sale it and ppl just like you are wondering if a rebuild title is worth buying. it will save you money now and you can have a sweet ass car.
rsxscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxscrazy View Post
on kbb if you go into the advance settings it has a box for salvage title/rebuilt. I also have a rebuilt title with no problems. The only type of reconstructed title i wouldn't mess with is Fresh Water which is flood damage. The only time you will have a problem with it is when you get done and want to sale it and ppl just like you are wondering if a rebuild title is worth buying. it will save you money now and you can have a sweet ass car.
Yea... Jeremy... the 1st replier to this thread was interested in my car, and then had a spazzoid about it being rebuilt... it doesnt matter... it was probably more heavily inspected to get re-titled then it was first coming off the production line...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 AM   #11
rsxscrazy
Master Member

There is alot of steps to get a rebuilt title. First the title is salvaged. then you have to fix the car get a state inspection, check make sure the car is road safe and all that good stuff. then you drive it to the state garage, this is where they make sure you used the parts you say its not a chop shop thing all vin number and parts match and you have had the work done right. like said if the car is not a F/W fresh water damage Its not a bad deal. drive it see what you think but don't let the rebuilt title scare you.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 AM   #12
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsxscrazy View Post
There is alot of steps to get a rebuilt title. First the title is salvaged. then you have to fix the car get a state inspection, check make sure the car is road safe and all that good stuff. then you drive it to the state garage, this is where they make sure you used the parts you say its not a chop shop thing all vin number and parts match and you have had the work done right. like said if the car is not a F/W fresh water damage Its not a bad deal. drive it see what you think but don't let the rebuilt title scare you.
Amen.... well said... the guy I bought my car from didnt even know it had a rebuilt title because he paid cash, and his dad took the title...

when I showed him the Carfax I was able to talk him down from $12,500 to $10,700...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 01:43 AM   #13
rsxscrazy
Master Member

Damn great buy. I bought my car wrecked and built if myself that is why I know all the steps first hand. I saved so much money and could built it how i wanted from the begining. I needed a hood bumpe and headlights. This way I got my cf hood xenon kit and black out headlight. For no extra cost.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 AM   #14
tuner-stop

my very 1st car was an 02 civic lx 2dr automatic...it was a slvg tittle w/ frnt end dmg but the frame was fine. i got it out the auction lot for 3grand and spend 2grand on fixing it...new headlights, bumper support, bumper, radiator, fans. but the hood was fixable. anyway, after the shop fixed it all up, went down to CHP for inspection, got that all taken care of. but the tittle had nothing to do with the insurance rates. and as far as problems, none at all...excpt for slippin tranny, which alot of 01-05 civics have, ask the guys @ 7thgencivic.

Old 11-20-2006, 10:38 AM   #15
*El Ocho Uno*
American HP!!

*El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known
*El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known *El Ocho Uno* gets around and is known
Garage
My friend had a rebuilt car & it was nothing but problems, not to mention that his frame was still bent after he passed all inspections.

He also had a very, very herd time selling it. I think he ended up selling it to some one who didnt know what a rebuilt title was (the guy came looking for him after)

I would never buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonhomie View Post
And I love ocho cause he's awesome!
*El Ocho Uno* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #16
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
....I wouldn't even look at a car with a salvage title....
Zombie Eradication Team Member #9, Anime Crew 二番
Mr. Crowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #17
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiztidKlownzTX View Post
....I wouldn't even look at a car with a salvage title....
Except salvage and rebuilt are different... reading > u

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 12:29 PM   #18
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own Mr. Crowley must be an admin because here is no way they could have reached this amount on their own
Quote:
Originally Posted by o-MiDwEStDC5-o View Post
Except salvage and rebuilt are different... reading > u
Same thing, car was fucked, salvaged, then supposedly fixed big deal. Still effects the price the same way, it's still a salvaged/rebuilt junker, and I still wouldn't even consider looking at the piece of shit.

Last edited by Mr. Crowley; 11-20-2006 at 12:32 PM..
Old 11-20-2006, 12:50 PM   #19
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:
Same thing, car was fucked, salvaged, then supposedly fixed big deal. Still effects the price the same way, it's still a salvaged/rebuilt junker, and I still wouldn't even consider looking at the piece of shit.
my salveage/rebuilt shitter is faster than your brand new car

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #20
Mr. Crowley
Murderator

If I had been looking for faster car I wouldn't have bought an rsx...and it damn sure wouldn't have been a wrecked rsx
Old 11-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #21
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:

If I had been looking for faster car I wouldn't have bought an rsx...and it damn sure wouldn't have been a wrecked rsx
Keep telling yourself that and passing judgement on something you know nothing about

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 01:26 PM   #22
sdiddy
Lost

sdiddy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
How much does rebuilt title effect price?
I used to work as a consumer loan officer at a credit union. The max we would lend on a vehicle with a BRANDED title (branded = anything other than clean), was 60% of NADA retail value.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #23
o-MiDwEStDC5-o
K20A RSX Sold, new IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiddy View Post
I used to work as a consumer loan officer at a credit union. The max we would lend on a vehicle with a BRANDED title (branded = anything other than clean), was 60% of NADA retail value.
I suppose it really just goes bank to bank...

K20A RSX SOLD
Lexus IS300 Purchased
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #24
sdiddy
Lost

sdiddy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by o-MiDwEStDC5-o View Post
I suppose it really just goes bank to bank...
Agreed.

I also used to be a car salesperson. The absolute most we would give someone trading in a vehicle with a branded title was 50% of NADA wholesale, and that was if it was in awesome visual condition.

I'm sure this varies from dealer to dealer as well.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #25
rsxscrazy
Master Member

I will park my rsx beside any of your cars, and you would not be able to tell. And do you think any Actual business is going to put a non reliable car on the road to get sued. The Car dealers hell they wont give you but 75% what your car is worth if you just bought it and turned around and took it back. Loans yes they do not give you the whole amount of the NADA book but hell if you are buying a rebuilt title car don't expect to pay the NADA book so how can you bring that into this? People will always have experences NEW, USED, and REBUILT and it is only your opinion on which way you would like to go.