heater blower problem - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 12-11-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
timocatk20
Tim

timocatk20 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
heater blower problem

so my interior heater/ac blower is not working.... i suspect its the relay because the fan worked when i hooked it up to the battery .... any ideas on where the relay or the fuse is located.....or any other possible reasons for this problem + rep for help

thanks in advance
timocatk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2007, 12:14 PM   #2
Ryan
Bowchickabowwow !!!

Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Check that little black box toward the mid-right of your engine bay, next to the suspension tower and the fender.
2004 S2000
2006 WRX
2006 SC'd RSX-S
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #3
Danrsxtypes
Back to stock :(

Danrsxtypes is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Check that little black box toward the mid-right of your engine bay, next to the suspension tower and the fender.
08 OBP sti hatch more junk in the trunk
01 OBP RS 2.5 SOLD!!
07 Impreza Wagon family hauler project
Danrsxtypes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2007, 12:55 PM   #4
timocatk20
Tim

timocatk20 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
i have done that but didnt find the realay or the fuse for the heater blower fan thanks anyway
timocatk20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 01:12 PM   #5
Ryan
Bowchickabowwow !!!

Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Ryan is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
The fan relay and fuse are both in the fusebox under the hood. The fuse is "No. 14 (10A)".
2004 S2000
2006 WRX
2006 SC'd RSX-S
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
Ryan
Bowchickabowwow !!!

[Edit] Did you neg rep me? lol

2004 S2000
2006 WRX
2006 SC'd RSX-S

Last edited by Ryan; 12-11-2007 at 02:05 PM..
Old 12-12-2007, 01:44 AM   #7
Jay
likes to troubleshoot

Jay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
It's fuse 14, as Ryan pointed out, but it's in the under-dash, not under-hood, fuse box. The fuse also protects the power mirror circuit, so if your power mirrors work, the fuse is OK.

The blower motor relay is in the under-hood fuse box. If those items check out, the most likely cause of trouble is the power transistor module. Do some troubleshooting to make sure the module is bad. If you're ambitious, you can fix the module yourself.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #8
Acura_tunning
The Mike

Acura_tunning has been a little shit in the past
give a kick on your blower under the glove box.. if its start working.. its the blower.. maybe its your module transitor too.. me it was the blower
Acura_tunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
WRSeXy
TAP TAP U MAD

WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though
My blower stopped working today
WRSeXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:21 PM   #10
BlAcuraRsx
My nose in your coke bag

BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx BlAcuraRsx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
bet its the thermal resistor thingy. solder a coper wire across it and bypass it. Been working for 4 years for me so far!

here ya go! http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...ermal+resistor
Car and Driver: An engine that screams with pleasure, perfectly precise controls, tasteful execution of every detail, red instrument lighting that really works. A jewel of a car, uncorrupted by froufrou.

Sounds like they are talking about the RSX... oh wait.. they are.

Last edited by BlAcuraRsx; 02-06-2012 at 02:23 PM..
BlAcuraRsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
WRSeXy
TAP TAP U MAD

WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though WRSeXy is cool, not as cool as some though
Awesome. I'll make sure the fuse is ok before I solder that. Thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 01:43 AM   #12
asDC5

asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
my blowe stopped working, turned out i needed a new transistor, cheap fix
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 AM   #13
WRSeXy
TAP TAP U MAD

I did the solder thing. Worked like a charm.

Looks like us Canadians are all having the problem... hmm...
Old 02-10-2012, 02:04 AM   #14
asDC5

asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx asDC5 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
yup Canadian winters are the worst...
Old 11-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #15
sickhappy
race for $

sickhappy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
How can u tell if the relays R bad ? What color do they turn too ?
Old 11-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
Jay
likes to troubleshoot

Jay is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
They don't turn colors. Easiest way to tell is to swap the relay with a similar one or measure voltages. If you're troubleshooting the interior HVAC fan that won't run, and if your wiring is stock, the most likely problem will be:

1. power transistor module bad
2. heater motor bad
3. faulty fuse or relay

probably in that order

Last edited by Jay; 11-12-2013 at 11:57 AM..
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote