D.I.Y. CLUTCH INSTALL *pics of every step* - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > The DIY Garage RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 PM   #1
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
D.I.Y. CLUTCH INSTALL *pics of every step*

This is to be used along with the http://customdc5.my-php.net/diy/clutch/ guide.
FOR ALL YOU VISUAL LEARNERS OUT THERE LIKE ME

Background: I installed my clutch using the customdc5 guide linked above. While I did the work, I took pictures of every step. This was extremely helpful when putting it all back together. This way, I had a picture of every bolt, and where it went. Thus, I always knew which bolt to use, and which order to put it back in. If you follow the order of the steps in the guide, these pictures should be very helpful. Then work backwards through the pictures to put it back together. Good luck!

There are multiples of a couple pictures if the first one was unclear.
I tried to take a picture of the spot I was about to change, and then a picture of it changed. (ie. pic of the bolt where it was, and then a picture of the bolt removed.) You'll figure it out.

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you screw up your car or hurt yourself.
READ THIS: http://customdc5.my-php.net/diy/clutch/

Sorry, I'm not including all the instructions, but they're in the above link. Thats the only resource I had when I did the job. Hope this helps!

Start your engines, here we go!
...dont really start your engines, you shouldnt do motor/tranny work with the car running. duh.

The pictures stopped working due to many people downloading them. So I uploaded them to another site. Here is the link.
http://img190.imageshack.us/g/dsc01240rj.jpg/

Within the album, the first pictures are the end of the project. start at the last pictures in the album and work backwards. (it wouldnt let me reverse the order)
Sorry they're not hotlinked, I dont have time to do all that right now, but I got all the pics online again.

Last edited by FlyinRyan02S; 05-31-2010 at 01:26 PM..
FlyinRyan02S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinRyan02S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

Now jack up the whole car as high as you safely can. You're about to get under it.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

***These bolts are a PAIN to get loose, so I found a trick to it. as shown in the next picture, there is a notch in the metal where you can wedge a screwdriver between the flywheel and the block. this will keep it from spinning while you loosen the bolts.

Now just work backwards to get it all back together.

And thats it! Now wasn't that a piece of cake?!

If you have questions I'll try to answer them.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
AWESOME DIY!!!!!

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
Drewpreme
( ‾ʖ̫‾)

Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top Drewpreme is not even half way to the top
Great DIY on the clutch install. many people will get some good use out of this.

Drewpreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 PM   #8
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbest123 View Post
AWESOME DIY!!!!!

Thanks! That took freaking forever!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #9
TheTempest
Olivia Munn :love:

TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx TheTempest is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
cool beans. i have a feeling i'm going to be replacing mine soon... this guide will be helpful
add it to the DIY sticky imbest!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #10
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

I feel like I should find a way to get paid for this. haha
When I was installing, I would have paid someone $50 for this haha
Old 05-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
imbest123
Bańned

imbest123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTempest View Post
cool beans. i have a feeling i'm going to be replacing mine soon... this guide will be helpful
add it to the DIY sticky imbest!
i added it even before i posted in this thread lol crazy detail

Don't PM me. I don't give a fuck about who you are and no, I don't have nudes
imbest123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #12
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
scibed
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
2010 admin

That's interesting. I have never thought of dropping the subframe with axles still attached. I actually need to replace my clutch this week. Might give that a shot.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #14
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

P.S. When pulling the transmission off, you're supposed to "balance it on a jack"... I tried that, it slipped off the jack. Just be ready to hold the entire transmission with one hand and no support.
The whole project took about a week. I worked a few hours on it every day. It would go a lot faster with the pictures. I'd guess its about an 8 hour job. And yes, it would be easier with a lift and a shop, but I'm 20 and dont have any of that. I did get my buddies at pep boys to let me borrow the jacks and jackstands though. So a special thanks goes out to them! I'm looking forward to the stories that get posted here while people are going through the DIY for real.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #15
FlyinLoW

FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx FlyinLoW is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Dude thanks, this would really help me on my clutch install. Very brave of you to do this.
FlyinLoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:31 PM   #16
rick1024
Eat Liberals

rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx rick1024 might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
im gonna have to replace my stupid ass t.o.b. soon, might as well change the clutch and get a better flywheel, 8lbs ftl
FUCK YOUR OFFSET
rick1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:37 AM   #17
dohandrew

dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dohandrew is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx

nice diy very brave of u to do this i would never do this though considering my noobiness and the danger of being under the car with just jackstands lol nice job though very impressive
dohandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 AM   #18
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dohandrew View Post
nice diy very brave of u to do this i would never do this though considering my noobiness and the danger of being under the car with just jackstands lol nice job though very impressive
Thanks. Yeah, I did it pretty ghetto in the driveway and all.
To everyone who attempts, be sure your jackstands are VERY sturdy before ever getting under the car.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #19
bkk6284
World's Best Powertrain

bkk6284 is on a distinguished road bkk6284 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik loza View Post
That's interesting. I have never thought of dropping the subframe with axles still attached. I actually need to replace my clutch this week. Might give that a shot.
If you are removing your exhaust you can leave the sway bar on the subframe too. That's how I do it, axles, sway bar and all.

Nice pics ts
Old 05-18-2010, 08:06 AM   #20
DC5_Champ88
Garrett T3/T60-1...BOOST!

DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though DC5_Champ88 is cool, not as cool as some though
sweet. now someone merge both DIYs together so great pics and instructions wit TQ specs
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BUY MY CAR!!
DC5_Champ88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #21
loithao
Only Takes One...

loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx loithao is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
THIS IS ONE CRAZY DIY WRITE UP MAN! DAMN I GIVE YOU PROPS! TAKING PICTURE WHILE DOING IT TOO? alot of time put out man NICE JOB!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyne View Post
dont worry, she purs like a kitten, and my 12's shake the whole car, but a bunch of pussies think there big, because they can talk on the internet. i asked for your opinions, not ur insults.
loithao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:04 PM   #22
FlyinRyan02S
I miss my DC5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5_Champ88 View Post
sweet. now someone merge both DIYs together so great pics and instructions wit TQ specs
I would, but it really takes forever. I believe the other diy (linked at the top) includes the TQ specs. I spent so long doing the clutch, and so long getting all these pics uploaded and copied into here, I dont have the energy to rewrite all the instructions too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loithao View Post
THIS IS ONE CRAZY DIY WRITE UP MAN! DAMN I GIVE YOU PROPS! TAKING PICTURE WHILE DOING IT TOO? alot of time put out man NICE JOB!
Thanks. It started as me just being selfish. haha I just knew that if I didnt take pictures, I'd be going through a big pile of bolts with no idea which ones go where. Thus, taking pictures of every bolt. If you're going to do the clutch job, I would recommend you do the same. Even if you dont post the pics for everyone to see, taking pictures will make it so much easier when putting it all back together.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #23
JayDEmm722
BECAUSE! racecar...

JayDEmm722 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I only take off the subframe i leave the axles and whole strut assembly up there.
Boost Slut Krew Member #20
Formerly JayRSXS
11.86 @ 116.97 1.77 60ft.... First Run Ever!
HaLFAmAzinG120 (2:31:52 PM): fuck me like you hate me!
HaLFAmAzinG120 (2:31:56 PM): oh wrong IM sorry
LoSt1nY3RpAnTIEz (2:32:23 PM): O.O
JayDEmm722 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:24 PM   #24
2010 admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayRSXS View Post
I only take off the subframe i leave the axles and whole strut assembly up there.
Hmmm, that's an idea, too. I am getting ready to drop the subframe tomorrow. Might give that a shot.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #25
itsBryan
Nomnominin'

itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start itsBryan has a clean start
wow! awesome DIY!
piece of shit rsx fucking gay ass raping penis tucking car full of fwd failfucking fuck shit rsx sucks my dick...fwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchbookSS View Post
FWD is for faggots.
E46 ///M3
itsBryan is offline   Reply With Quote