Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

CAMS for all motor build! HELP!!!

6K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  KingMaiya 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! As of right now my RSX-S is making 222whp & 165 tq with K-Tuner ECU, RBC, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, and Ferrea Valves, Supertech springs & retainers, as well as some other mods. Im currently looking for some good quality cams for ALL MOTOR applications, I'm not very familiar with brands or stages in the cams section. My question is, which brands are better or at least most recommended for my supporting mods as well as power output, WITHOUT changing pistons, rods etc. For the time being. Thanks to anyone who can help me out! Good day!

#4 ·
Thanks man! Im beating stock STi's, raced a couple BMW 335 won by about 2 car lengths, crushing the 350&370z's, raced 2 Mustangs 2015 GT and won by about 1 car so id say its pretty good!

#12 · (Edited)
If you have VT, why didn't you install it all at once? Anyways, the stages of cams are irrelevant as skunk2 stage 1 is slightly more aggressive than Drag Cartel 2.2 which is a stage 2 camshaft or Skunk2 Ultra stage 1 is more aggressive than Drag Cartel 3.2. Also condition of motor, weather, Humidity, how well the mods match each other all are factors of power output. I typically dont care for dyno numbers as long as the car runs hard and shows in the 1/4mile.

Thanks man! Im beating stock STi's, raced a couple BMW 335 won by about 2 car lengths, crushing the 350&370z's, raced 2 Mustangs 2015 GT and won by about 1 car so id say its pretty good!
I'm not being a doucher but there's absolutely NO WAY you beat a 2015 mustang GT as they run 12.7 at 112 in stock form which means you would need turbo to keep up with it. Either you ran a base mustang with GT badging or he wasnt racing... just saying.

#14 ·
If you have VT, why didn't you install it all at once? Anyways, the stages of cams are irrelevant as skunk2 stage 1 is slightly more aggressive than Drag Cartel 2.2 which is a stage 2 camshaft or Skunk2 Ultra stage 1 is more aggressive than Drag Cartel 3.2. Also condition of motor, weather, Humidity, how well the mods match each other all are factors of power output. I typically dont care for dyno numbers as long as the car runs hard and shows in the 1/4mile.

I'm not being a doucher but there's absolutely NO WAY you beat a 2015 mustang GT as they run 12.7 at 112 in stock form which means you would need turbo to keep up with it. Either you ran a base mustang with GT badging or he wasnt racing... just saying.
he's got that driver mod lol :vtec: I spoke to a representative @ ipg parts about a similar setup to you and they suggested drag cartel 2.2 cams after i told them i wanted to drop in k24 cams, i too don't know much about cam stages either... just chiming in :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.