Fuel line purge issue - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > GENERAL RSX > Problems & Solutions RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
kmak

kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Fuel line purge issue

Hey guys, I removed my fuel line purge filter a few months ago, but last night when i tried starting the car the engine would turn over but it just wouldnt start, When i checked the fuel regulator, i realised no gas was passing through the rail as it was showing zero PSI. I then screwed out the regulator, then tried starting the engine, i heard the fuel in the line but none came out, however on the second attempt to start the engine gas came shooting out the fuel rail. When I reconnected the regulator to the rail and tried starting the car, it started without issue.

This means, air was trapped in the line, is there anyway to get the air out line without reinstalling that unsightly fuel purge filter?

Last edited by kmak; 04-11-2019 at 07:09 AM..
kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2019, 08:05 AM   #2
kmak

kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx kmak is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Okay, maybe i didnt ask the question right. Can someone tell me how does the car expel air out the fuel line?
Old 04-12-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Looking at the fuel section in the manual, it doesn't seem like there's a procedure for it, or any mention of it. I would assume the air just travels through the lines and into the cylinder.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2019, 09:00 AM   #4
kmak

Okay.....so what is the EVAP system for? As far as I thought and read about, the EVAP system was the purge air from the gas line/system.

Last edited by kmak; 04-15-2019 at 09:04 AM..
Old 04-15-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
My understanding was that it's purely for emissions purposes. Prevents fuel vapor from escaping into the atmosphere and reroutes it to the intake.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote