Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

New to Acura Rsx

Tags
acura rsx
1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  IronGumby 
#1 ·
whats up guys im new to the acura rsx world and am currently looking to fix up an rsx i picked up. I currently have a 03 base rsx with k20a3. car also came with a k20a2 engine in the deal. The A3 is what is currently on the car. But has X2M5 tranny. I dont know if any of engines run also dont even know if the A3 will work with X2M5 6 speed. If anybody could shed some light on if this engine/tranny could work together and what harness would be needed i would appreciate it.

#2 ·
X2M5 is the 02-04 Type S so that will work perfectly with your ECU since all the 02-04's have the same speedo gear on the tranny. I'm not sure you have to do anything to make it work.
https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=472588

As far as which engine to run, shoot, if you can get the K20A2 working, run that and just get a Type S ECU and you're all set! I'm not sure there's any harness work to be done. You could possibly Kpro the base RSX ECU instead and download the K20A2 tunes. I don't know details. Just helping you get started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.