Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

xYaux's DC5 Obsession

36K views 269 replies 75 participants last post by  xxyauxxdc5 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 · (Edited)
Old Setups/Cars

Sup Fellas, Im kinda late to the game but my first rsx was a automatic base ebp. FAIL
2010 Only mods i did was Hid kit and fog light kit.

Two weeks later, I crashed it
Fail rookie driver, barely got my license too

2011 Found a killer dealer for a type s a year later so i hopped on it. Sold the base to my younger bro for 3k

Fresh Wash! Mods were Aspec lip kit all around and type r wing. Type r headlights, Engine stock

First engine mod, Injen Cold Air!

That same night me and my buddy went to Mira Loma (Riverside county) to visit a friend. Lined up his Ej1, mid race a sherrif pops out a the intersection and pulls me over. Got cited for speed contest and my car towed

Paid the tickets, kept up with court and got my car back two weeks later, threw on some Work Emo Cr Kais

2012 Had the 02 type s for about a year, then sold it to pick up this 06 from a friend who bought a sti the same day.

First mod I did to the 06 was slap on type r wheels shipped from canada

The mods it has were: Reflash, cold air, greddy evo 2, megan shorty header, type r tails, progress sway, skunk2 lca and beaks bar.

Crusing in the 626

Caught a GTR at walmart on walnut grove and snapped a pic

Got kinda bored and invested some money for power! Picked up Kpro, Buddyclub Race header and RBC all in one go!

Towed my car to Ksmatic's to get most of it done

With all that done, time to get a tune

Got bored of the exterior so picked up Vis Mugen sideskirts, rear lip , and carbon fiber wing :D

October 2012After having the car for almost a year i got kinda bored. Debated about a K24 swap, but then saw 1 for sale. I was immediated interested so went to look at it the same night. I Drove it, loved it and bought it.

Finally sold the blue car. After owning it for a year I realized salvage cars had a lot of hidden problems so I was glad I got Rid of it.

#87 ·
Sup Fellas, Im kinda late to the game but my first rsx was a automatic base ebp. FAIL

2011 Found a killer dealer for a type s a year later so i hopped on it. Sold the base to my younger bro for 3k

Fresh Wash! Mods were Aspec lip kit all around and type r wing. Type r headlights, Engine stock

That same night me and my buddy went to Mira Loma (Riverside county) to visit a friend. Lined up his Ej1, mid race a sherrif pops out a the intersection and pulls me over. Got cited for speed contest and my car towed

Paid the tickets, kept up with court and got my car back two weeks later, threw on some Work Emo Cr Kais

2012 Had the 02 type s for about a year, then sold it to pick up this 06 from a friend who bought a sti the same day.

The mods it has were: Reflash, cold air, greddy evo 2, megan shorty header, type r tails, progress sway, skunk2 lca and beaks bar.

Crusing in the 626

Got kinda bored and invested some money for power! Picked up Kpro, Buddyclub Race header and RBC all in one go!

Got bored of the exterior so picked up Vis Mugen sideskirts, rear lip , and carbon fiber wing :D

October 2012After having the car for almost a year i got kinda bored. Debated about a K24 swap, but then saw 1slowrex's for sale thread. I was immediated interested so went to look at it the same night. I Drove it, loved it and bought it.

update: blue 06 back up for sale

Havent done much to the k24 but switch the mugen rep tower bar from the 06.

All positive and negative comments welcome
fresh conversion!

#3 · (Edited)
12/26/12
Decided to rebuild my pistons cause my car started to burn white/blue smoke.
Had it taken apart and it was piston ring from piston two who was the problem. After three long months of being carless I finally got my car back after being put together by Daniel aka palmerblock from churchs automotive testing. :D

3/25/13
Pics of rebuild:

#12 ·
yeah i cant wait just need a throttle body now since i bought your fuel pump

wow i love that blue one
I know i love it too for the looks, i wish i can keep both.

looks good. youll get burnt of on fwd once you put enough power down though.
not sure what you mean but yeah im itching for more power :thumbsup:

#11 ·
looks good. youll get burnt of on fwd once you put enough power down though.

#13 ·
physics are against fwd. imo 300whp+ is pushing the limits on efficiency

#23 ·
Liking that blue huh? :rotfl:

Lots of modding :thumbsup:

:rain:

#38 ·
thanks dude

Is this a guy named Danny? Car looks like his old one
no not danny lol :D

jezz how much money do you have to blow?!

it looks great but damn my car would be so much further with those types of funds
total cost 16k on the blue car, 13.5k on the white one after registration fees n smog

well its not like he spent all the money on one car.
Yes i didnt. after i sold the 02 i bought the 06 and now have the 04 so after i sell the 06 ill still have the same amount of money i started with. it was just like i swapped cars from one to another :D

Title definitely fits the owner! Looking good man.
thanks :thumbsup: ill be looking in to hybridracing stuff for the k24 in the future :D

#39 ·

Crusing in the 626

October 2012After having the car for almost a year i got kinda bored. Debated about a K24 swap, but then saw 1slowrex's for sale thread. I was immediated interested so went to look at it the same night. I Drove it, loved it and bought it.

Thing is, i still have the 06 and im current trying to sell it

Havent done much to the k24 but switch the mugen rep tower bar from the 06.

My future plans for this beast are: Port Intake Manifold, 70 mm hybrid racing throttle body, upgrade fuel pump and tune for e85.

All positive and negative comments welcome
you just made me wana get a mugen rear badly!!! how was the fit from vis racing? any modifications needed?

#41 ·
Mugen all around looks sick on 05-06, one issue i came accross was that your catback exhaust will most likely touch and vibrate your rear bumper so you will have to go to an exhaust shop to extend the hanger for the exhaust. fitment was pretty good i mean rep is rep nothing beats authentic but thoses go for around 500+ dont quote me.

MANNNNNN good to know ppl from the 626 are keeping it clean! and i see that pic with an Alhambra sign on it, that's my hometown.. i miss it
thanks man alhambra is my hometown too haha where did you move to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.