Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Ask Your Nitrous Questions Here! (Q/A Thread) Part II

6K views 61 replies 12 participants last post by  K20egcw 
#1 ·
#45 · (Edited)
What is CEL, Whenever I spray while i race my vteck bogs out. Its wierd. I tried to run without the nitrous to see if it was the problem but when I run with just the fuel line it still bogs my vteck...

EDIT: My engine check light is on when I run the nitrous and when I use the spray it blinks. So I took a break from it till I know whats wrong with it.

#46 ·
have you done a datalog? Or no Kpro? What arming and output pinouts is it on if using Kpro? How big a shot did you say you were spraying?

Oh, and on one run remove the AIT sensor from the intake, let it dangle and see what happens.

#49 ·
Just picked up a complete dry kit for $200. Bottle heater too. It was a Zex kit. Came with jets #34, #36, and #38. Just from quick searching they go from 55-75 shot. That right? Just trying to get close to a 75 shot. I plan on running it as a single nozzle then piece together parts for a DP setup.

#55 ·
Couple quick questions. Quick mounted my bottle. Trying to fit it in this tool box. It fits but with one bracket. With both brackets it sticks up almost 2" too high and the box lid wont close. The bottle does tilt back for the pick up. Do you think track officials would hassle me about it? I mean the bracket will be bolted to the bottom of the box and its not really going anywhere. Kinda tight fit.

And does bottle heater placement matter? IE near the bottom of bottle or top of bottle.

#61 ·
They might, if they do it'll be real close to being maxxed out. I personally wouldnt run 410's cause on colder days your ECU is going to want to dump for fuel to compensate for the colder/denser air. If you were to spray then, there is a possibilty that there wont be enough injector to support the fuel needed and it'll lean out possibly doing damage to your engine.
I would have that problem with kpro, running a dry shot? Now I guess I'm leaning towards a 75 shot if 410s cant hold anything more than that. Anyone else have any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.