Zex Kit - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-24-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
Mike Hunt

Zex Kit

I was planning on get NO2 for my RSX-S, but it seems for some reason that it might not be a great idea for this car. Does anyone know if a Zex dry setup would work ok? Only reply if u know for sure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2002, 11:10 PM   #2
merlyn
Master Member

merlyn is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
no it will not, the RSX does not have a fuel return line. The zex representative at sema said that they will try to make a good system for the rsx...but they were having major problems for some reason.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:54 PM   #3
gqxvietboy
Master Member

gqxvietboy is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
well i've been talking to a friend of mine who has been using nitrous for a loong time...

and he told me that running a dry SINGLE shot system is way better then a wet system... he said that when you run the wet nitrous setup it leaves a puddle of gas and nitrous in the combustion camber and it kills your engine if you dont rev all the leftovers out.

lets say you used it in 1st,2nd,and 3rd gears and you put it back into neutral...theres still gas and nitrous in your combustion cambers so your engine just dies out... i mean you can start it back up.. but when it dies out like that its pretty dangerous.. also it doesnt apply the same amount of nitrous to each camber if you run a single shot

right now hes running a wet direct port 70shot in his civic hatchback and hes fast as hell

but if your running only single nozzle and like 50shot he said go with dry...

hope this helps
gqxvietboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2002, 02:22 AM   #4
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start
First off, I would like to say I have lots of experience with nitrous. With that said, at this time, the RSX cannot use a dry kit. The only dry kit that would work with the RSX would be the Venom, and seeing as no one has tried it yet, I'm not sure how safe that kit is either. They claim to be able to tap into the signals of the ecu to control fuel. Only thing is that most cars are created unequal, so how can a universal kit do this?

There is no way that excess n2o and fuel can be left in the combustion chamber after you let off. Regardless if you are in neutral or not. The car is still running, and will burn it off. Almost all import kits are activated by a wide open throttle switch. From the seconds after you take your foot off the pedal, the kit is off and there is no way the rpms can drop fast enough to leave any excess. You would have to turn off your car right when you let off the gas in order to leave anything behind. Now if it were push button activated, then it would be different.

Direct port is defintely the best way to go for bottle feeding. It supplies an even amount of fuel and n2o into each cylinder making it most efficent. The only downside of DP kits is that the shots are a lot bigger. Some say you can have small shots for a DP kit, but IMO it's not safe.

The size shot depends on the jets you have installed on the nozzles. The bigger the hole on the jet, the bigger the shot. In order to do a 40 shot on a DP you would have to have the nozzles jetted at a 10 shot per cylinder. I don't see how that can be accurate when you see how small the holes are. I'm sure technology has made it possible to make things very precise in the factory, but something that small can lead to a blown cylinder.

This forum needs a mod don't you think?

^Punch^
Alpha Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:47 AM   #5
Dehalorespire

Dehalorespire is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Zero
This forum needs a mod don't you think?
I dont think it does? Why do you think so? It is obvious that you are graciously soliciting a vote for yourself. Why should you be a mod here? Just curious.
Dehalorespire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 10:58 AM   #6
jdkindle

jdkindle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Re: Zex Kit

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Hunt
I was planning on get NO2 for my RSX-S, but it seems for some reason that it might not be a great idea for this car. Does anyone know if a Zex dry setup would work ok? Only reply if u know for sure!
I know you can run the NX wet kit with no problems at all, at least a 50 shot - we'll see about more
jdkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start
Quote:
Originally posted by Dehalorespire

I dont think it does? Why do you think so? It is obvious that you are graciously soliciting a vote for yourself. Why should you be a mod here? Just curious.
To keep it in line. Also, I believe I've given a lot of info on this forum. Just read all the post.

^Punch^
Old 04-26-2002, 12:26 PM   #8
Dehalorespire

Quote:
To keep it in line. Also, I believe I've given a lot of info on this forum. Just read all the post.
I dont think there is much of a need, yet...There is never any trouble here. No companies trying to advertise for free, no trolls, no posts that need deleting or moving.

The fact that you know about nitrous systems and post a lot here does not make you a "good" moderator. In fact I even have more posts than some of the mods and I imagine that you do as well. I think that the more salient issues for mod status is whether you are willing to make a commitment and have a genuine interest in the success of ClubRSX.

For me, I would rather play at my leisure on ClubRSX than have duties here.

peace
Old 04-26-2002, 08:31 PM   #9
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dehalorespire
For me, I would rather play at my leisure on ClubRSX than have duties here.

peace
very true, but I like taking charge alot. Always have been like that, so I'm somewhat controling and like taking control. Weird habits.

^Punch^
Old 05-01-2002, 09:46 AM   #10
pauly1

pauly1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The Zex kit will bew out in three months, it will be a wet shot. Spoek with them yesterday.
pauly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 10:42 AM   #11
Dehalorespire

Quote:
[B]so I'm somewhat controling and like taking control. B]
That is not a particularly good advertisment for the job. A dictator is not needed (or wanted). The forums provide a venue for free thought and expression, not a structured discussion with a "controlling" overlord.