lookin into squeezin - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-26-2002, 01:11 PM   #1
provex

provex is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
lookin into squeezin

im really looking into squeezing right now. just a couple questions. i live in so cali so the temperature does get hot during summer time. i would say near 100 degree's give or take a few. maybe not that high but u never know =p is this going to be a major problem? i know hot temperature in general makes ur car work harder, im just wondering will the bottle blow or anything like that. whats the best setup to go with? im thinking about something mild like a 50 shot. thx in advance
provex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2002, 03:00 PM   #2
Dehalorespire

Dehalorespire is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Im not all hip on the latest lingo "squeezing", but in this forum, Ill assume you mean nitrous FI.

No problem with the heat. The bottles are designed to take thousands of PSI. You only need worry if your car is on fire, ala FnF. Also, a bottle explosioin is not firey like in the movies. It is a pressure explosion, N2O is not flammable. But the pop would be just as deadly.

I believe that there have been both wet and dry applications demonstrated for the RSX. Im not up on all the current nitrous systems folks are running out there, but I have read about successful, trouble-free 50-shots. The trouble spots with nitrous on the RSX revolve around fuel managment and timing. We worry about our lack of a fuel return line for easy downstream managment of fuel pressure and our innability to adjust timing with our current ecu.

Seek and ye shall find...read around in here and 1/4 mile forum for good info and member's set-ups.

Myself, Id like to see someone run the new Venom kit (VCN-2000) for our car. Expensive, but promising. Go for it bro!
Dehalorespire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2002, 05:05 PM   #3
BottleFED_R/T

I don't think he is talking about the bottle handling the heat, but the engine. Basically when it gets hot - your engine will run leaner and considering the RSX compression with nitrous , you may want to retard the timing on the safe side for those "hot" runs...

I'm no RSX guru - I'm just telling you what I know about nitrous. So please someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Old 04-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #4
provex

thanks for the info guys. now i just need help deciding what kit and setup to go with!
Old 04-28-2002, 07:25 AM   #5
jdkindle

jdkindle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
FYI - you can NOT adjust the timing with the stock ECU - it rewrites a new fuel map automatically, I have had no problems with a 50 shot and am 99% sure I am going to bump it up to 75 as soon as I get my new intake and re-install everything. If you can drive, look at my sig for what you can expect

The NX kit has worked really well for me, but I would like to see the ZEX kit installed on our car. I went with NX because I got a good price and advice from someone who had already done it on our car.

Let me know if there are any ?'s I can answer for you.

Dehalorespire - I have only heard squeezing from the guys in Cali, and yes that is nitrous
jdkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 03:05 PM   #6
Dehalorespire

Dehalorespire is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by BottleFED_R/T
I don't think he is talking about the bottle handling the heat, but the engine.
Yes he is talking about the bottle exploding...and I quote

Quote:
Originally posted by provex
...im just wondering will the bottle blow or anything like that...

Quote:
Originally posted by jdkindle
Dehalorespire - I have only heard squeezing from the guys in Cali, and yes that is nitrous
Y'r kidding!!! ...California...
Dehalorespire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2002, 03:12 PM   #7
provex

what is the difference between the NX and ZEX kits?
Old 04-28-2002, 03:42 PM   #8
estib1

estib1 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
http://www.grapeaperacing.com/GrapeA...nitroushow.cfm
estib1 is offline   Reply With Quote