NOS kit (Holley) - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-05-2002, 10:09 PM   #1
GRaFiX34

GRaFiX34 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
NOS kit (Holley)

hey guys i dont know too much about n2o but heres the deal. This guy that owns a motorsport place here in so cal is trying to sell me the NOS kit made by holley (blue bottle) , he said to use a dry kit and do a 60 shot. i told him are you sure dry and he says yea for sure hondas and acuras all do dry kits, he says we just installed a 60 shot on a gsr and a 99 civ si, he says the 60 shot will give me no problems for sure and that i could even run a 75 shot with no problems. Now is this guy just bullshit and want my money or will a dry kit really work without problems? oh, he did say to use colder plugs and just check them often, and also maybe put a little bit of octane booster so i would run on like 93 octane. anyone who can help me thanx a lot - steve
GRaFiX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2002, 02:22 AM   #2
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start
Apparently this guy doesn't know jack shit about the K20 motor and hardly knows about n2o either. You can't do dry on the RSX. The only kit that allows for you to do a dry setup on the RSX is the Venom kit. Besides that, no dry on RSX unless you want to blow something.

^Punch^
Alpha Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 05:11 AM   #3
PlatCruiser

PlatCruiser is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
where is this theory that you can't use a dry kit on a k20 motor? I'm new to the car but not to nitrous oxide. Do you guys have a dead head fuel system or the typical system with return line. I'd say the guy is right on if you have a return line and there is no problem using a dry kit with a small shot
PlatCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2002, 05:19 AM   #4
PlatCruiser

Ok after reading more you guess have the dead head system....which sucks IMO. Anyway, for those that really really want to use a dry system other than venom you would need to some how block off the stock regulator and install a rise rate one such as AEM or aeromotive. Then it would be possible to use a dry kit.

But my vote by far is NX, the best quality kit made
Old 05-08-2002, 08:18 PM   #5
GRaFiX34

GRaFiX34 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
ok i need help, i just talked to this guy who sells nos and he said he can get me the NX kit adjustable 35-50-75 shot but i need to have a return line shit or else it will not work. i heard that we dont have that return line thing so how is it possible jkindle and some others are using this nx kit? please help thx steve
GRaFiX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 11:45 PM   #6
jdkindle

jdkindle is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you have to run the wet system that taps into you stock fuel line and mixes it with the nitrous

Grafix34 - do not run any plug but iridium or you will run like crap when you are not spraying, I speak from experience - I use the denso IK22 and it works just fine on and off - you could likely run a dry 40-50 shot but I would not recommend it unless you have money flowing out of your ass to put a new motor in, just in case

with the wet kit you can spray a 50 all day long and I am going to try a 75 when I put it back in and have heard people say that they are doing it just fine

alot of people that think they know about nitrous will tell you what to do, but if I would have listened to them, I would not have a car right now - be careful who you listen to, not very many people know our motor yet
jdkindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2002, 12:32 AM   #7
PlatCruiser

Hrm thats werd on the spark plug comment, Although I don't drive an RSX I have used autolite and NGK colder plugs and have no ill effects off the bottle. I don't see why you think 50 spark plugs are that much better.

Also, do they make a fuel rail like AEM or the like for the RSX yet? If so you "could" tap for a fuel source at the end to prevent leaks better.

And again, although you guys do not believe a dry kit will work, it would with some modification like I said before, yes it would be more expensive and pointless to go with the dry but it can be done.
Old 05-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #8
jdkindle

Quote:
Originally posted by PlatCruiser
Also, do they make a fuel rail like AEM or the like for the RSX yet? If so you "could" tap for a fuel source at the end to prevent leaks better.
They do and I would get one if I had the cash right now - the only problems I have had is leaky fuel
Old 05-09-2002, 11:20 AM   #9
Trizzin4u

JD.... how about running a dbl shot.... figure u're traction limited might as well just get another NX kit and run two 35 shots or even two 50 shots. i'm sure it'll get you down to 13..... are you still using the n20 right off the line? if so then i guess 1st and 3rd gears? =) (don't make a single f&f comment or i'll ***** someone)
Old 05-09-2002, 01:06 PM   #10
jdkindle

Do you mean like they did in the Fast and the Furious?

j/k

I would like to try that - I think a dual stage system would be very cool to have

just need more $ - wanna do my brakes and some more suspension first
Old 05-11-2002, 01:14 PM   #11
SlowRacing

well that funny, i have been running a 75 SHOT OF N2O using the venom system witch is DRY yes i said DRY!! and ive had no problems. Thats great you guys all know your stuff....keep lisning to ever one else.

jesse
Old 05-11-2002, 07:44 PM   #12
Kilo

Kilo is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Slow, is it? Appropos, I suppose. Check the second post, where it says the only DRY kit you can run is the Venom. Folks just don't bother to read anymore, I guess. Sigh!
Kilo is offline   Reply With Quote