question - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-19-2002, 02:53 AM   #1
K20A-S

K20A-S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
question

what does 50/60/70 shot means?
K20A-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2002, 10:43 AM   #2
mastap

mastap is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Re: question

Quote:
Originally posted by K20A-S
what does 50/60/70 shot means?
Are you kidding around? I will asume that you are not.

It's how much crank hp you gain. Theoretically if you dyno your car before and after a 50 shot of N2O you should see 50 extra crank hp. However, a 50 shot could be a bit more or less than 50 auctual crank hp. 60 shot = 60 crank hp and 70 shot = 70 crank hp.
mastap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
GRaFiX34

GRaFiX34 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
as far as i know thats not true at all. the FAL/1320 motorsports rsx used a 50 shot of n2o and gained 55 whp....thats like 70 crank hp....50/60/70 is the size of the jets and determines how much you will spray.
GRaFiX34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2002, 11:57 PM   #4
mastap

mastap is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by GRaFiX34
as far as i know thats not true at all. the FAL/1320 motorsports rsx used a 50 shot of n2o and gained 55 whp....thats like 70 crank hp....50/60/70 is the size of the jets and determines how much you will spray.
Look as far as not being true at all...well that isnt true at all. I stated that the amount gained can be different than what the shot reads. It is not always going to be right on the money. But the numbers assosiated with the jets are SUPPOSED to be crank hp figures. However, as you so elequently pointed out and as I eluded earlier, the gains can be variable from system to system and car to car...just like any mod.
mastap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 12:51 AM   #5
Bigbuyer2477

Bigbuyer2477 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I could never understand how they determine the power gains since every car reacts differently to external factors. Hell, even stock factory engines exhibit variations in power outputs...

The FAL car also had other modifications that led to the additional power gains.
Bigbuyer2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:36 AM   #6
AzaghalSEI

AzaghalSEI is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuyer2477
I could never understand how they determine the power gains since every car reacts differently to external factors. Hell, even stock factory engines exhibit variations in power outputs...

The FAL car also had other modifications that led to the additional power gains.
Good point - there was no way to say for certain what portion of the FAL car's gains were attributable to the nitrous.

Study up a little before you freak on a guy who's trying to help you out and telling the truth.

Big, buy an RSX. Thanks.

Az
AzaghalSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 10:43 AM   #7
Bigbuyer2477

Quote:
Originally posted by AzaghalSEI

Good point - there was no way to say for certain what portion of the FAL car's gains were attributable to the nitrous.

Study up a little before you freak on a guy who's trying to help you out and telling the truth.

Big, buy an RSX. Thanks.

Az
I am a turbo man, remember? But I promise you if Honda goes into turbocharging street cars I would be the first one to line up at the dealership

Actually, I wouldn't. I am waiting for the STi to arrive
Old 05-25-2002, 11:51 AM   #8
AzaghalSEI

Quote:

I am a turbo man, remember? But I promise you if Honda goes into turbocharging street cars I would be the first one to line up at the dealership

Actually, I wouldn't. I am waiting for the STi to arrive
Well, it was worth a shot!

STi

I'll need a super or turbo before I race one of those.. hehe Even on 75 shot I only have like 220 something wheel horsepower for real! 250hp technically..

Az
Old 05-25-2002, 03:03 PM   #9
Bigbuyer2477

Quote:
Originally posted by AzaghalSEI

Well, it was worth a shot!

STi

I'll need a super or turbo before I race one of those.. hehe Even on 75 shot I only have like 220 something wheel horsepower for real! 250hp technically..

Az
Nah, a 50 shot would make it very competitive for a stock STi or even the upcoming Lancer EVO. They do the quarter in about 13.75ish, and so for a Type S running 50 shot wouldn't be too out of reach. But the beauty of turbo is that it is NOS all the time, anytime. No refills. When you are done suqeezing the turbo car would still be boosting, so unless you can keep the happiness flowing through the manifold for a lllooooonnnnnngggggg time the turbocharged car will eventually out run ya.

P.S. remember, the NOS is for the car, not for personal consumption!!!!
Old 05-25-2002, 08:56 PM   #10
AzaghalSEI

Quote:

Nah, a 50 shot would make it very competitive for a stock STi or even the upcoming Lancer EVO. They do the quarter in about 13.75ish, and so for a Type S running 50 shot wouldn't be too out of reach. But the beauty of turbo is that it is NOS all the time, anytime. No refills. When you are done suqeezing the turbo car would still be boosting, so unless you can keep the happiness flowing through the manifold for a lllooooonnnnnngggggg time the turbocharged car will eventually out run ya.

P.S. remember, the NOS is for the car, not for personal consumption!!!!
12lbs is plenty for ANY street race or quarter mile. You would both reach your fuel cut-off for high speed before it is used up and any fucker who keeps racing after that is just an asshole who doesn't like to be beat!

Present company excluded, of course!