75 shot? Do or die... - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 05-22-2002, 09:09 PM   #1
AzaghalSEI

AzaghalSEI is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Question 75 shot? Do or die...

Hi guys..

It's time for the big question - can my transmission handle 75 shot nitrous injection.

---------------------Instantaneous 60whp------------------------

That's a lot of sudden torque. I'm worried my gears might not be able to take it, or some other parts of my tranny.

50 shot seemed fine... but...

Let me hear some opinions - preferrably educated....

It's a wet system on a Sport Shift..

Go!

Az
AzaghalSEI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start

That would be the reaction... Sorry, I'm no help, not too familar with how well the SS's are built...

Just hope it won't be and it'll be a

^Punch^
Alpha Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:13 AM   #3
Bigbuyer2477

Bigbuyer2477 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
The full effects of Nitrous wouldn't kick in until something like 2000rpm (the earliest), and so it's not like the gears are shouldering the stress from the get go. Just don't miss shift when you got Nitrous in the system because that could cause you some problems...

BTW, I don't think the power is instant, but pretty damn close to it.

Hey, how did you run the plumbing for your NOS? Just for my general knowledge.
Bigbuyer2477 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2002, 12:26 AM   #4
excess

excess is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
I am gonna start like you with the 50 shot and eventually run the 75. I would definately recommend to regap the stock plugs to be a little colder. You shouldn't have a problem especially from the transmission, its like a bike, just cause you peddle harder doesn't mean its gonna go out of wack. I would also recommend the basix bolt ons intake, headers (when available) and exhaust just to let it breath easier. The only thing that worries me is the whole timing thing the RSX has, but I know DAAM421 who "used" to be a member ran a 75 shot but I never got the chance to ask about any modifications.
excess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 12:46 AM   #5
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start Alpha Zero has a clean start
DAAM421 was a BSers. He tried to lie about a whole bunch of crap, so I'm guessing he wasn't running a 75 shot. He sounded like a little punk who didn't know crap about cars. He claimed he hit 100mph in 3rd... come on now. :shakehea:

^Punch^
Old 05-23-2002, 06:28 AM   #6
AzaghalSEI

Guys, I will try to get you all pix of my nitrous install on Sunday or Monday since we have a nice, long weekend.

Big --- why do you think the full effects do not hit before 2000 revolutions? My kit's design uses wide open throttle, so I am thinking.. (and correctly I'd imagine ) ..that since when I hit WOT, the nitrous sprays, and sprays at the same volume and rate for the durationg of my pedal-stomping. -- therefore full effect from start to finish..

Excess --- are you sure about the plugs dude? I know jd swapped out his plugs and then ran back to stock.

So if I do this I will be boldly going where no RSX SS has gone before.. hehe.. YAY.. :shakehea:

Nitrous peeps! Help the Az make a decision.. I only have a few hours to make it in.

Az
Old 05-23-2002, 06:44 AM   #7
Trizzin4u

d
Old 05-23-2002, 06:47 AM   #8
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by Trizzin4u
d
meh. I want to see pix of the solenoids for proof!
Old 05-23-2002, 09:20 PM   #9
Bigbuyer2477

Bigbuyer2477 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by AzaghalSEI
Guys, I will try to get you all pix of my nitrous install on Sunday or Monday since we have a nice, long weekend.

Big --- why do you think the full effects do not hit before 2000 revolutions? My kit's design uses wide open throttle, so I am thinking.. (and correctly I'd imagine ) ..that since when I hit WOT, the nitrous sprays, and sprays at the same volume and rate for the durationg of my pedal-stomping. -- therefore full effect from start to finish..

Excess --- are you sure about the plugs dude? I know jd swapped out his plugs and then ran back to stock.

So if I do this I will be boldly going where no RSX SS has gone before.. hehe.. YAY.. :shakehea:

Nitrous peeps! Help the Az make a decision.. I only have a few hours to make it in.

Az
You have the switch mounted on the throttle body, right? When the throttle is pushed to WOT, the switch it activated and then NOS is introduced into the system.

Don't forget that fuel is matched to air volume, and at below 2000rpm you aren't looking at much air going into the system. If you get a chance to connect a boost gauge to your car (I know it's NA), you will see that the manifold pressure does not reach 0(neither vacume or boost) until at least around 2000rpm.

Since everything is mechanical, from the time you push down the pedal to the time the N2O actually reaches the combustion chamber, your engine won't be lower than 2000rpm. Unless you hold the throttle down to 5000rpm, and then floor it drag racing style

BTW, how did you run the plumbing?
Bigbuyer2477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 09:09 AM   #10
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by Bigbuyer2477

You have the switch mounted on the throttle body, right? When the throttle is pushed to WOT, the switch it activated and then NOS is introduced into the system.

Don't forget that fuel is matched to air volume, and at below 2000rpm you aren't looking at much air going into the system. If you get a chance to connect a boost gauge to your car (I know it's NA), you will see that the manifold pressure does not reach 0(neither vacume or boost) until at least around 2000rpm.

Since everything is mechanical, from the time you push down the pedal to the time the N2O actually reaches the combustion chamber, your engine won't be lower than 2000rpm. Unless you hold the throttle down to 5000rpm, and then floor it drag racing style

BTW, how did you run the plumbing?
All of the wiring and hoses ran down the driver's side and up the dash into das engine compartment.

I still fear 75 shot.. so I'm going to go pick up some of the Denso IK22's unless you have a better suggestion.

Az
Old 05-24-2002, 06:24 PM   #11
SPRAYN20

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Zero
DAAM421 was a BSers. He tried to lie about a whole bunch of crap, so I'm guessing he wasn't running a 75 shot. He sounded like a little punk who didn't know crap about cars. He claimed he hit 100mph in 3rd... come on now. :shakehea:

HEY!!!! you guys are more than welcome to go to englishtown new jersey july 6 and 7 to see im really running a 75 shot nx kit..ill be there with my silver type s......for all the punks that talk sh#t.it can be done true true
Old 05-24-2002, 06:53 PM   #12
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by SPRAYN20

HEY!!!! you guys are more than welcome to go to englishtown new jersey july 6 and 7 to see im really running a 75 shot nx kit..ill be there with my silver type s......for all the punks that talk sh#t.it can be done true true
There you are!! Any trouble with 75 shot? Tranny ok? Plugs ok??

Old 05-24-2002, 08:37 PM   #13
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Quote:
Originally posted by SPRAYN20

Hey, I never said 75 shot couldn't be done. I'm just saying DAAM421 was full of shit.

^Punch^
Old 05-25-2002, 07:23 AM   #14
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Zero

Hey, I never said 75 shot couldn't be done. I'm just saying DAAM421 was full of shit.
I hate when people only make like bi-weekly appearances and I have to sit here like a sucker waiting to hear.. hehe

Az
Old 05-25-2002, 07:48 AM   #15
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
lol, i just showed up, so HA! seems that you and i are always on the same threads, lol, you must be stealing my threads

lol, plus when you get pics you might post them here and then call me a whore for not knowing what thread out of like 75 you posted them in
WarmPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 09:36 AM   #16
Alpha Zero
JLA Bitches!

Sorry, off-topic. What happened to your old avatar? I liked the little smiley face.

^Punch^
Old 05-25-2002, 10:17 AM   #17
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by WarmPepsi
lol, i just showed up, so HA! seems that you and i are always on the same threads, lol, you must be stealing my threads

lol, plus when you get pics you might post them here and then call me a whore for not knowing what thread out of like 75 you posted them in
I'll post them in their own thread!! :-)

Az

P.S. Yeah, what happened to your avatar, B?
Old 05-25-2002, 02:33 PM   #18
daddy S

daddy S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Still at 50

It's been a long time but am still at 50 and no problems ..........

I have run around 5 bottles worth of the juice and the original plugs still look good.

I will have it in to my mechanic Wednesday for a check up and an oil/filter change (8500 miles) If he gives the OK, I will try the 75 shot Friday night :-)
daddy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 08:53 PM   #19
AzaghalSEI

Re: Still at 50

Quote:
Originally posted by daddy S
It's been a long time but am still at 50 and no problems ..........

I have run around 5 bottles worth of the juice and the original plugs still look good.

I will have it in to my mechanic Wednesday for a check up and an oil/filter change (8500 miles) If he gives the OK, I will try the 75 shot Friday night :-)
Terrific news! Thanks for the info Daddy!

Az, might beat ya to 75 shot!
Old 05-26-2002, 12:17 AM   #20
GRaFiX34

GRaFiX34 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
im going to the track 1 more time with the 50 shot to see if i can beat the 13.77...after that i too will be running a 75 shot but with a sard fuel regulator and pressure gauge...
GRaFiX34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 03:38 PM   #21
WarmPepsi
Master Member

WarmPepsi is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally posted by AzaghalSEI

I'll post them in their own thread!! :-)

Az

P.S. Yeah, what happened to your avatar, B?
i was getting some wtf's when i imed people and i'd had it a while, it was time to part with it
WarmPepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 04:21 PM   #22
AzaghalSEI

Quote:
Originally posted by WarmPepsi

i was getting some wtf's when i imed people and i'd had it a while, it was time to part with it
Word.

Wireless networks suck.

Nitrous injection ownz.

That is all,

The Management
Old 06-02-2002, 06:17 PM   #23
daddy S

daddy S is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Now @ 75

As promised went to mechanic, had oil change(8750) and he checked plugs .... everything good so he gave ok to uping it to 75.

So far all is good ..... no problems except can't really use it in 1st gear. I have uped my low end module from 3400 all the way up to 4200 to try and control the tork in 1st gear. It seems to me that it is still best to just slip the clutch at 3 grand and not go to WOT until just before I shift to second. Second to third is still great and I fell a big improvement from 3rd to 4th gear.

No time slips yet but I have been doing a lot of G tech comparisons. I have droped my 1/4 mile times by almost a 1/2 second. With the 50 shot I was getting low fourteens but with the 75 shot I am getting well within the thirteens, with my best being 13.66.

I am out of juice and will have to wait until I get back from China before I can do any more testing. I would however say the car can handle a 75 shot without a problem.
daddy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:18 PM   #24
AzaghalSEI

Re: Now @ 75

Quote:
Originally posted by daddy S
As promised went to mechanic, had oil change(8750) and he checked plugs .... everything good so he gave ok to uping it to 75.

So far all is good ..... no problems except can't really use it in 1st gear. I have uped my low end module from 3400 all the way up to 4200 to try and control the tork in 1st gear. It seems to me that it is still best to just slip the clutch at 3 grand and not go to WOT until just before I shift to second. Second to third is still great and I fell a big improvement from 3rd to 4th gear.

No time slips yet but I have been doing a lot of G tech comparisons. I have droped my 1/4 mile times by almost a 1/2 second. With the 50 shot I was getting low fourteens but with the 75 shot I am getting well within the thirteens, with my best being 13.66.

I am out of juice and will have to wait until I get back from China before I can do any more testing. I would however say the car can handle a 75 shot without a problem.
Daddy S, you have raised the bar for all of us - and for that I thank you!

Az
Old 06-02-2002, 08:25 PM   #25
excess

excess is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
daddy have you modified anything on the car like the plugs?
excess is offline   Reply With Quote