Panavise mount + proclipsusa holder pics and review - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > STYLE RSX > Interior Mods RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 03-29-2014, 09:42 PM   #1
JByron
Master Member

JByron is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Panavise mount + proclipsusa holder pics and review

I got tired of having my passengers hold my phablet (lumia 1520), and it was useless on the passenger seat when I needed GPS capability. Here are the mounting solutions I used:

Panavise custom RSX indash mount. Screws into the back of the radio trim face on the screws already there (no drilling/modification required. plug and play!)
http://www.panavise.com/index.html
http://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75116-402.pdf

Proclips USA universal large holder. I chose the universal one because the Lumia 1520 specific one didnt allow for a case to be used. They have custom holders for almost every phone, including models that charge and have hardwiring power abilities (includes the little transformer brick thing)

http://www.proclipusa.com/mobile-dev...t1-246807.cmsv

Pics installed with just the holder:

With the phone:

The mount itself is made of steel and durable/hard as hell. Its made from steel, installs easily, has universal AMPS holes, and doesnt move. The proclips phone holder is great also. A nice OEM feel to the plastic, adjustable (tightens to your phone size via screws), and swivels on a nice ball joint. Overall a great looking and high quality solution to mounting any device in your car (and charging also, if you opt for their charging versions). Beats those nasty suction cup and vent mounts that obscure your view and the AC controls in your car!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a way to mount their stuff

hardwired charging version for the curious:

Old 08-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #2
AlphaOmegaRed
2003 DC5

AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Thanks for this. I was looking for a solution to holding my cellphone and I hate those vent clips and window suction cups. This is the perfect solition! Ordered mine yesterday.
AlphaOmegaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:11 AM   #3
JByron
Master Member

JByron is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Glad I could help! It's a very elegant solution. We have panavise mounts + proclips holder combos in two of our other cars and they're great looking and functional. Feel the pride whenever you drive by someone with a giant suction cup holder smack in the middle of their windshield lol

Old 08-07-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
dc5luis
Master N00b Member

dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx dc5luis is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Pretty cool! I'm with Alpha here. I would have to keep my cellphone in the cupholders and it was a PITA. This is a defiantly better solution!
dc5luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #5
AlphaOmegaRed
2003 DC5

AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx AlphaOmegaRed is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	1.82 MB
ID:	518650

Installed mine today. Used the panavise attachment and bought an eBay mount. Loving it.
AlphaOmegaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
xXxelis_prxXx
Master Member

xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx xXxelis_prxXx is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
This is nice thanks

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=852702 milano red
xXxelis_prxXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 08:46 PM   #7
MK20OWNR

MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MK20OWNR is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by JByron View Post
I got tired of having my passengers hold my phablet (lumia 1520), and it was useless on the passenger seat when I needed GPS capability. Here are the mounting solutions I used:

Panavise custom RSX indash mount. Screws into the back of the radio trim face on the screws already there (no drilling/modification required. plug and play!)
http://www.panavise.com/index.html
http://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75116-402.pdf

Proclips USA universal large holder. I chose the universal one because the Lumia 1520 specific one didnt allow for a case to be used. They have custom holders for almost every phone, including models that charge and have hardwiring power abilities (includes the little transformer brick thing)

http://www.proclipusa.com/mobile-dev...t1-246807.cmsv

Pics installed with just the holder:

With the phone:

The mount itself is made of steel and durable/hard as hell. Its made from steel, installs easily, has universal AMPS holes, and doesnt move. The proclips phone holder is great also. A nice OEM feel to the plastic, adjustable (tightens to your phone size via screws), and swivels on a nice ball joint. Overall a great looking and high quality solution to mounting any device in your car (and charging also, if you opt for their charging versions). Beats those nasty suction cup and vent mounts that obscure your view and the AC controls in your car!

Hope this helps anyone looking for a way to mount their stuff

hardwired charging version for the curious:
Wow! Great solution. Thanks for sharing. I just ordered one
👍
MK20OWNR is offline   Reply With Quote