Kpro tuning - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > ECU Tuning RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 10-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #1
Joel dillard

Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Kpro tuning

I got my laptop and hooked it up to my kpro for my first time and mow my car only revs up to about 3000 rpm when in neutral. Does anyone think that my kpro set the rev limiter to a different rpm. I did t change anything in the software. I just looked to see what the reading were. Can someone help me out please? I have a 2003 RSX TYPE S with injen cold air intake but I'm not sure what else is on it. I bought the car with some mods on it so I'm not sure what it has.
Joel dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
DC5Sandbag
Past Driverís Ed

DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx DC5Sandbag might be well recognized one day on c-rsx
Garage
Be careful when trying to tune a K20 engine. It's not as easy to tune correctly as some may lead you to believe. One recommendation I have for you is to invest in a etune. A good tuner can get you reliable power in a short time, at a fair price. Plus you can use it as an learning experience to help you understand the tuning process.
DC5Sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:40 PM   #3
Joel dillard

Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Joel dillard is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Could you suggest a website or someone who does e tuning? Right now I have it set to lean protection with 5% over all fuel trim. I was told that will protect the motor till I can get it figured out.

Old 10-22-2018, 06:00 PM   #4
remyrounds
Site Sponsor

remyrounds is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel dillard View Post
Could you suggest a website or someone who does e tuning? Right now I have it set to lean protection with 5% over all fuel trim. I was told that will protect the motor till I can get it figured out.
http://www.evans-tuning.com/tuning/
Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
Joel dillard

Holy shot that's expensive. $645 for 1st tune and $245 for each hour 2nd tune? I can't afford that. I may as we take it to the local pro shop that has a dyno. They charge like $145 he and typically takes 2 hours.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Joel dillard

Correction. $145 hr.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:57 PM   #7
IronGumby
05 Type S RH Reflash LSD

IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx IronGumby is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
you can click edit after you post, but hey there are other etuning options, like tkane4389 on here
There's also some others listed in this thread: https://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=940178

For the record, I've never seen etuners charge as much as dyno's do in person. Must just be an Evan's thing
Old 10-23-2018, 05:15 PM   #8
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
what he said^
I have Tkane currently working on a tune for my car, $250. The difference is noticeable, and it's just been fuel adjustments so far. He's also quick with responses.
mfarmakas17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #9
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
do they tune Ktuner aswell or just Kpro?
MightyRSX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:32 PM   #10
mfarmakas17

mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx mfarmakas17 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRSX93 View Post
do they tune Ktuner aswell or just Kpro?
Depends on who you're talking about lol
Old 10-23-2018, 06:38 PM   #11
MightyRSX93

MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx MightyRSX93 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarmakas17 View Post
Depends on who you're talking about lol
Seems like most etuners just do Hondata. any one in general
MightyRSX93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 06:49 PM   #12
mfarmakas17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyRSX93 View Post
Seems like most etuners just do Hondata. any one in general
Of course there is lol. The guy mentioned above, Tkane, also tunes Ktuner. The others I've seen are Turbogixxer, Vittuned, K Series Pros (expensive as hell), and HA Motorsports. Saw a company called "E-tunez" that does as well, but I've never heard of them and wouldn't bother with them.

Try googling "Ktuner etune" and see what comes up. There should be a directory on Ktuner's website as well.