CAMS for all motor build! HELP!!! - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > All Motor RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 09-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
PRK20Z1
DC5 PR

PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Exclamation CAMS for all motor build! HELP!!!

Hey everyone! As of right now my RSX-S is making 222whp & 165 tq with K-Tuner ECU, RBC, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, and Ferrea Valves, Supertech springs & retainers, as well as some other mods. Im currently looking for some good quality cams for ALL MOTOR applications, I'm not very familiar with brands or stages in the cams section. My question is, which brands are better or at least most recommended for my supporting mods as well as power output, WITHOUT changing pistons, rods etc. For the time being. Thanks to anyone who can help me out! Good day!

PRK20Z1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
PerezType-S
Master Member

PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PerezType-S is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
good numbers with stock cams, what cars do you beat on the streets?
PerezType-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
trevis427

trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx trevis427 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
I have a set of IPS K2 cams for sale. PM me if interested. They're great for all motor and will work with your current setup.
trevis427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-05-2015, 12:37 PM   #4
PRK20Z1
DC5 PR

PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx PRK20Z1 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerezType-S View Post
Thanks man! Im beating stock STi's, raced a couple BMW 335 won by about 2 car lengths, crushing the 350&370z's, raced 2 Mustangs 2015 GT and won by about 1 car so id say its pretty good!

Old 09-05-2015, 12:40 PM   #5
PRK20Z1
DC5 PR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevis427 View Post
I have a set of IPS K2 cams for sale. PM me if interested. They're great for all motor and will work with your current setup.
How much gains do they give? Any idea?

Old 09-06-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
NotoriousEgg
Certified Ziptie Tech

NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx NotoriousEgg is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRK20Z1 View Post
Hey everyone! As of right now my RSX-S is making 222whp & 165 tq with K-Tuner ECU, RBC, CAI, Headers, Exhaust, and Ferrea Valves, Supertech springs & retainers, as well as some other mods. Im currently looking for some good quality cams for ALL MOTOR applications, I'm not very familiar with brands or stages in the cams section. My question is, which brands are better or at least most recommended for my supporting mods as well as power output, WITHOUT changing pistons, rods etc. For the time being. Thanks to anyone who can help me out! Good day!
Nice numbers!.. This is the set up I'll be going for next summer but w/ K-pro hopefully.. In for more info on the topic
SRI,RBC,PLM RH, 2.5E CUTOUT, KPRO
NotoriousEgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Mr. Anderson
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though Mr. Anderson is cool, not as cool as some though
Quote:
Thanks man! Im beating stock STi's, raced a couple BMW 335 won by about 2 car lengths, crushing the 350&370z's, raced 2 Mustangs 2015 GT and won by about 1 car so id say its pretty good!
Harsh Anal Crew #1 + Red Wing #3 BFTD (Back from the Dead) Crew
Mr. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:12 AM   #8
PRK20Z1
DC5 PR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Anderson View Post
What's funny? Im not fast enough? Unfourtunately those are the cars i've raced. Worth mentioning that my tranny synchros are completely busted and every time I shift to 2nd & 3rd gear it completly grinds on me. But meh, to me its fast enough...

Old 09-07-2015, 12:13 AM   #9
PRK20Z1
DC5 PR

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotoriousEgg View Post
Nice numbers!.. This is the set up I'll be going for next summer but w/ K-pro hopefully.. In for more info on the topic
Thanks a lot man!! Hope you get to do it next summer!

Old 09-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #10
Dc5 Stunnin

Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dc5 Stunnin is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Seems quick enough to me as well especially, for a daily and for sure enough power for the local weekly time attacks near me. I'm hoping for 240whp with similar mods with drag cartel dic in a k24a.
Dc5 Stunnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #11
bboyinsayn

bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx bboyinsayn is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Bump, i would also like to know which cams would be good
bboyinsayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #12
juicyjoint316
Boots to Asses

juicyjoint316 is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Quote:
If you have VT, why didn't you install it all at once? Anyways, the stages of cams are irrelevant as skunk2 stage 1 is slightly more aggressive than Drag Cartel 2.2 which is a stage 2 camshaft or Skunk2 Ultra stage 1 is more aggressive than Drag Cartel 3.2. Also condition of motor, weather, Humidity, how well the mods match each other all are factors of power output. I typically dont care for dyno numbers as long as the car runs hard and shows in the 1/4mile.

Quote:
I'm not being a doucher but there's absolutely NO WAY you beat a 2015 mustang GT as they run 12.7 at 112 in stock form which means you would need turbo to keep up with it. Either you ran a base mustang with GT badging or he wasnt racing... just saying.

Last edited by juicyjoint316; 10-09-2015 at 11:28 PM..
juicyjoint316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:13 AM   #13
2003acuratype-s

2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx 2003acuratype-s is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevis427 View Post

Still have the cams forsale?
2003acuratype-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 12:44 AM   #14
ylp01

ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx ylp01 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicyjoint316 View Post
If you have VT, why didn't you install it all at once? Anyways, the stages of cams are irrelevant as skunk2 stage 1 is slightly more aggressive than Drag Cartel 2.2 which is a stage 2 camshaft or Skunk2 Ultra stage 1 is more aggressive than Drag Cartel 3.2. Also condition of motor, weather, Humidity, how well the mods match each other all are factors of power output. I typically dont care for dyno numbers as long as the car runs hard and shows in the 1/4mile.

I'm not being a doucher but there's absolutely NO WAY you beat a 2015 mustang GT as they run 12.7 at 112 in stock form which means you would need turbo to keep up with it. Either you ran a base mustang with GT badging or he wasnt racing... just saying.
he's got that driver mod lol I spoke to a representative @ ipg parts about a similar setup to you and they suggested drag cartel 2.2 cams after i told them i wanted to drop in k24 cams, i too don't know much about cam stages either... just chiming in
ylp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 10:16 PM   #15
Dohcv8

Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx Dohcv8 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerezType-S View Post
3 years late, but what the fuck Whut?!
Dohcv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:01 PM   #16
KingMaiya

KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx KingMaiya is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohcv8 View Post
3 years late, but what the fuck Whut?!

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instagram : Ahmahdhee
KingMaiya is offline   Reply With Quote