question regarding wet system - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
masterjosh

masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Talking question regarding wet system

I have a slight question regarding a wet nitrous system in our cars. As far as I know we have a returnless fuel system so there is only enough fuel at the injectors that the pcm calculated that it needed. So wpuldnt just tapping into one of the fuel linesin our engine bay just cause us to lean out.while spraying? One of my teachers said this to me today and I was curious on what everyones input was.
masterjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
masterjosh

masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx masterjosh is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
10 views and not a single reply?? cmon guys i know u know what your talking about so let me have it lol...im just curious on how this is and if it is actually true..in theory it makes perfect sense..
Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
if all you did was just tap in and spray then yeah you would lean out but that's why there's a nitrous section in kpro to tell the computer when your going to spray and that it needs to deliver said amount of extra fuel to compensate

Old 04-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #4
masterjosh

Welll im talking about spraying without kpro. Cause I know there are several people that have wet systems without kpro
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #5
krystar
Master Member

krystar is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
you're assuming that the fuel pump can't deliver enough additional flow to compensate for the additional draw by the nitrous fuel injectors.
This is the most work I've done at work EVER
krystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 05:03 PM   #6
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
You'll be fine. It will not cause your car to lean out while spraying.

I sprayed a wet Zex kit with an MSD window switch on my car for about 1 year before I got K-pro and switched to a dry kit.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:51 PM   #7
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterjsoh View Post
Welll im talking about spraying without kpro. Cause I know there are several people that have wet systems without kpro
Quote:
Originally Posted by krystar View Post
you're assuming that the fuel pump can't deliver enough additional flow to compensate for the additional draw by the nitrous fuel injectors.
oooh ok i see what you mean now...think of it like this..if your filling a specific space, say a tire, with 40psi, it doesnt matter if that tire is a small one for a 14in rim or a 20in tire for a truck. 40psi within that closed space is still 40psi no matter the size....same goes for the fuel system, if your pump puts out 40psi within the fuel system between the pump and the injectors, and you add a nitrous line or two to that system, once its opened to the fuel that pressure is going to fill the new system and bring it self back to 40psi and maintain. and once you start spraying well the job of the pump is just that, to pump fuel and keep that pressure up and steady at the set psi.
hope that helps some