Fuel Injector upgrade help - Club RSX Message Board
Go Back   Club RSX Message Board > PERFORMANCE BASICS RSX > Nitrous Oxide RSX
Use the same user name on Club RSX, Club EP3, and Club ILX!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 AM   #1
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

cryosamurai is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Fuel Injector upgrade help

How could I see what my duty cycle is and if its getting too close to 100%??

I have I/H/E/50shot wet, and soon will have down pipe and no cat. Will getting new injectors be a good idea to cover the fuel needs of what i have and give me more upgrade room? Also, will my stock k20z1 ECU handle this, and what size injectors would be good? 440-450?

Any Brand recommendations, RC or Precision? Is this just a "plug and play" mod?
cryosamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 03:28 AM   #2
the p-nut gallery
Installer / Machinist

the p-nut gallery is on a distinguished road the p-nut gallery is on a distinguished road
K-pro, seriously i know you dont want to hear that

go with RC550's
the p-nut gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:20 AM   #3
magnEsium
www.magtuning.com

magnEsium is a rep WHORE
magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE magnEsium is a rep WHORE
No the stock ecu WILL NOT handle nitrous

have fun going lean and 'pop' - not a sound you want to hear
magnEsium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
ha i know we were kinda tryin to rebel it out and stay with the wet shot but now that i have kpro im getting the ct 520cc injectors so i can run dry... find a way to do it man its really nice having kpro, also if you do get injectors you wont be able to adjust your fuel or read your duty cycle all which you can do with kpro.

also just to give you an idea cause we had pretty much the same thing, just on the motor i was hitting 75 and 78% at wot
Old 07-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #5
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

ya i want kpro, I am going to read everything i can and try to learn it so i can jump right into tuning when it comes.

so p-nut? RC 550's with kpro. will that give some more breathing room for other upgrades?

Oh, and since i have 05 z1 i have to get the 02-04 ecu with harness right? will an 05 version come out soon or will this be the only way? It kinda sux becuase i think it was about 400 bucks extra
Old 07-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #6
rensoyka
Breast inspector by appt.

rensoyka is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
there will never be an 05 version, cough up the big bucks, I did.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #7
the p-nut gallery
Installer / Machinist

the p-nut gallery is on a distinguished road the p-nut gallery is on a distinguished road
yes 550's with your setup will allow for alot more modification in the future, I'm seeing 66% max duty cycle on a 75 shot with all my other mods on 550's
Old 07-21-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
cryosamurai
Program VietNow...Vexed

alright, every day im getting more convinced to just put down some cash and half on a credit card. haha

thanks,

p-nut
magnesium
ravenlin
rensoyka

2 last questions, will the 04 ECU conversion have any weird issues in my 05? and secondly is there somewhere i can download and print off the "instruction manual" or "user guide" so i can learn everything, pop it in and go when i get it? oh and i mean BESIDES hondata, maybe some other good tips page or something, anything helps
Old 07-21-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Oside Jimc
RIP 2/4/2009

Oside Jimc is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Maybe here?

Of course I wonder why you would not go straight to Hondata since they manufacture and support K-pro?????????
Old 07-22-2008, 07:02 AM   #10
Ravelin00
Master Member

Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start Ravelin00 has a clean start
i found this page pretty helpful...
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=234644
Old 07-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
rensoyka
Breast inspector by appt.

rensoyka is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
install Kmanager and read the entire help file, then go to the tech page at Hondata and watch all of the videos and read the articles. then go to Conrad's website and read everything there.

http://www.hondata.com/kmanager.html
http://www.hondata.com/tech.html
http://www.pencomputing.com/rsx/
Old 07-22-2008, 11:27 PM   #12
the p-nut gallery
Installer / Machinist

Its going to take you some time to get used to tuning it and the added effect of not being that familiar with what you are doing will make it take a little bit longer. Just remember the correct ways to datalog and always make small changes then test, and when tuning nitrous always add more fuel and pull more ignition for the first run. Then go back and pull fuel and ignition in small amounts till its a good AFR and not knocking.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #13
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Ditto^^^^

I'm running Precision 525cc's at 72% Duty Cycle with a 104hp(.048) shot controlled through K-PRO. A 104hp(.048) shot is about 90whp. So that would put me around 310whp on the same Dynapak I dyno'd 220whp on. Unless you plan on going over 350whp, 525's or 550's will be fine.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
Ravelin00
Master Member

i just installed my ct520's last night and tuned in my af and im only running around 48% so i have plenty of room to grow now very happy with them
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 AM   #15
the p-nut gallery
Installer / Machinist

awesome man, your gonna be really pleased to have all the little bits and pieces at your disposal with kpro and the headroom with larger injectors.

keep us up to date on how the tuning is going.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:42 AM   #16
Agent Smith
It is inevitable

Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more Agent Smith is a super person....that needs to get out more
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryosamurai View Post
alright, every day im getting more convinced to just put down some cash and half on a credit card. haha

thanks,

p-nut
magnesium
ravenlin
rensoyka

2 last questions, will the 04 ECU conversion have any weird issues in my 05? and secondly is there somewhere i can download and print off the "instruction manual" or "user guide" so i can learn everything, pop it in and go when i get it? oh and i mean BESIDES hondata, maybe some other good tips page or something, anything helps
get used to not enjoying cruise control... the different electronics+a countershaft driven speed sensor make sure you can't enjoy it... the difference in speed sensors causes the speedo to blip... often... causing cruise to kick off. sometimes you can get 5 minutes out of it, but most of the time it happens about every 20 seconds.
S/C Crew Member #7 CRSX Zombie Eradication Team Member #10|Anime Crew 三番
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/Xinu38/Untitled-2_zpsceedtb4z.gif
Agent Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 04:14 AM   #17
RSX FSU
Banned

RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member RSX FSU is a glorious c-rsx member
yup
RSX FSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #18
K20 power 06

K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx K20 power 06 is a jewel in the rough of c-rsx
Gotta look at the positive side

...steering wheel looks better without the cruise control buttons haha
K20 power 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
Bflaker
Nikon & Nitrous Crew

Bflaker is an unknown quantity on c-rsx
Seriously? You bump a 3 year old thread and that's all you have to say?